Here With Me 2013-04-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
KnightDelight

Re: Here With Me 2013-04-12

Post by KnightDelight »

zachariah wrote:Effectively Kathy evaded the suits and lost them. The only hope Lily and Suzy has is the cell phone they gave to Kathy. If they can trace it's signal they could find them. That is if there is cell coverage where Kathy is and she uses it. I wonder if Sali will use it to order pizza when she gets hungry and lead MIB back to them. It's something she would do.
I imagine Kath will be going back home some time soon. They are sure to find out she's alive at that time. Assuming they're still in the 21st century that is. Otherwise this is only a short lived reprieve.

Of course, it's also possible Kath will stay in S. A. as Spider-Gal with her faithful, if scatterbrained, flying partner to become the defender of antiquities. Now, how to make decent costumes with tree bark and palm leaves?
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

KnightDelight wrote:Of course, it's also possible Kath will stay in S. A. as Spider-Gal with her faithful, if scatterbrained, flying partner to become the defender of antiquities. Now, how to make decent costumes with tree bark and palm leaves?
COS-tumes? We don' NEED no steenkin' COS-tumes!
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Fairportfan wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:Of course, it's also possible Kath will stay in S. A. as Spider-Gal with her faithful, if scatterbrained, flying partner to become the defender of antiquities. Now, how to make decent costumes with tree bark and palm leaves?
COS-tumes? We don' NEED no steenkin' COS-tumes!
What? Are we in the steenkin' Sierra Madres now?
;)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

sheik wrote:Unless the stargate changed their time as well as their location there should be no problem getting the finer things in life.
KnightDelight wrote:Assuming they're still in the 21st century that is. Otherwise this is only a short lived reprieve.
Could somebody remind me why we think our Adventurettes travelled through time, as well as space? :|
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

MerchManDan wrote:
sheik wrote:Unless the stargate changed their time as well as their location there should be no problem getting the finer things in life.
KnightDelight wrote:Assuming they're still in the 21st century that is. Otherwise this is only a short lived reprieve.
Could somebody remind me why we think our Adventurettes travelled through time, as well as space? :|
Because we don't know they didn't yet?

Remember Shelly and the Time Forest.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

MerchManDan wrote:
*disclaimer* no, I'm not checking my facts and I'm not posting links .... I *am* that horrible person your mother warned you about :mrgreen:

for me, my 'time shift' theory comes from some other stips. One of the strips linked (in the forums) to in the last few weeks is back when Katherine met Phix for the first time. A few strips before that Katerine was trying to research about the Jaguar Temple(?) and there was a carving that was relevant to her search but had been added some time after the temple had been built.

Assuming this temple is that temple :?, my wild guess is when they are the carving has not been added. And when they leave the carving will have been added.

Of course, I am the person who tries to use (my very little knowledge of) black hole detection techniques to prove that Santa exists, so I may not be the best person to guess plot points? :P
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

MerchManDan wrote:Could somebody remind me why we think our Adventurettes travelled through time, as well as space? :|
Cuz some people have to make their spec as convoluted as possible?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Heh. A bunch of answers, as good as any others, I guess. :mrgreen:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Grantwhy wrote:Of course, I am the person who tries to use (my very little knowledge of) black hole detection techniques to prove that Santa exists, so I may not be the best person to guess plot points? :P
You might get better results using techniques adapted from neutrino research and other particle physics experiments. Look for flashes of Cerenkov radiation. It's been calculated that the number of deliveries Santa must complete each year, and the distances he must travel, would require that he travel at relativistic velocities, and he'll probably exceed "lightspeed in atmosphere" occasionally.

Chemistry may also help. Some "chemtrails" may actually consist of volatized reindeer excrement, and depending on how recently Santa has taken his team to the vet for their periodic doses of anthelminics you might be able to find chemical evidence of global worming.
Julie

Post by Julie »

scantrontb wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:They *said* it was the Library that sent them. L & S work for Brandi, period. Kinda odd they're here, since they were 'attached' to Monica. The library might make a request....
this goes back to my post yesterday... "TRUST US!... We're from the GOVERNMENT and we're here to HELP!"... hey, i can say that the Library sent me to do XYZ task... but does that Really mean that it DID send me? and until you got back to the Library to ask the question directly to it... how would you KNOW?
The only problem with that theory is addressing how Lily & crew got to Kat and Atsali so quickly since there was no mention of Mesa Verde in Lily's chat with Brandi (that we saw). I'm going to stick by my idea that they were already en route to the Mapimi Silent Zone per Brandi's mission instructions (leap frogging their way there probably) when they got contacted by the Library (or a representative of the Library) who told them that Kat and her little siren friend had just left through the portal not far away from the MiB crew's present location, and that the girls were on a similar mission and that they should team up. :) Makes more sense to me than the more conspiracy theory/characters lying to each other kind of stuff.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Boxilar wrote:Pieces are falling into place. . . .
And then getting blown apart again?

(drops a clip of ammo into the pun jar)
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Dave wrote:
Grantwhy wrote:Of course, I am the person who tries to use (my very little knowledge of) black hole detection techniques to prove that Santa exists, so I may not be the best person to guess plot points? :P
You might get better results using techniques adapted from neutrino research and other particle physics experiments. Look for flashes of Cerenkov radiation. It's been calculated that the number of deliveries Santa must complete each year, and the distances he must travel, would require that he travel at relativistic velocities, and he'll probably exceed "lightspeed in atmosphere" occasionally.

Chemistry may also help. Some "chemtrails" may actually consist of volatized reindeer excrement, and depending on how recently Santa has taken his team to the vet for their periodic doses of anthelminics you might be able to find chemical evidence of global worming.
I use the 'black hole detection theory' because it has some nice vagueness built in.

Last I heard, the only way to detect/work out where a black hole is located is by the effect it has on things around it (can't see a black hole, no radiation, etc etc). You can't point at it and say "there it is". The best we can do is point and say "there is nothing at that location that we can detect but all the stuff in that area is acting like it is there, so it must be there"

We may not be able to point and say "There! That is the real Santa", but there is enough effect on the world/on people to imply the existence of Santa.

:geek:
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Black holes (if they're large enough, like the one at the center of our galaxy) form accretion disks that sort of look like ... ummm ... spiral galaxies?

Huh.

Also, they probably do give off energy - Hawking Radiation
=====================
=====================
mike weber