End Your Suffering 2013-04-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

End Your Suffering 2013-04-15

Post by Fairportfan »

Suzie says "If that's how we're playing ... I can play that way too."

===================

Interesting that, despite being, apparently much much younger, Suzi is the stronger of the two.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Re: End Your Suffering 2013-04-15

Post by Fairportfan »

A further thought.

What are the rest of the team doing/thinking right at this moment...?
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Lillie better be careful. She's about to set off a big ass non-negotiable land mine, with Suzie sitting on top of her ready to rip her head off like a cheap Barbie doll.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:What are the rest of the team doing/thinking right at this moment...?
Keeping their heads, asses, and entrails safely on the far side of something very large and solid? Something about the size of the Rock of Gibraltar?

I mean... as a human, would you want to get between these two when they're having a spat?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

:shock:

Holy crap... Suze knee-capped her...

The bad thing is here that Suze and Lily are working up an appetite...

Meatsnaqs beware...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I used to be a government employed vampire, then I took two bullets to the knees.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Cat Figh.... er... BAT FIGHT!!!!!!

Drops Batman's utility belt into the pun jar just to be on the safe side... and heads off to bed singing...

na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na Batmaaaaaannn!!!

nini!!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Ahhh, Lily will heal good as new, just takes a few minutes. Meanwhile, Suzie has her right where she wants her, listening.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

DilyV wrote::shock:

Holy crap... Suze knee-capped her...

The bad thing is here that Suze and Lily are working up an appetite...
The point is made. For them Life Sucks! Kneed we say more?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Wapsi wrote:Ahhh, Lily will heal good as new, just takes a few minutes. Meanwhile, Suzie has her right where she wants her, listening.
I'm sure you just wanted to create a good opportunity for Lily to kneecapitulate some of her back story, so we understand why she's so unhappy.

(deposits a hand-illuminated parchment scroll containing U.S. Patent US5580353 A into the Pun Jar)
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

shadowinthelight wrote:I used to be a government employed vampire, then I took two bullets to the knees.
I'm glad I didn't have anything in my mouth when I read that.

Suzi has gotten sick of Lily's pity party. Interesting that Wapsipires break another popular piece vampire mythos; Being older doesn't nessesarily make you stronger than other vampires. Suzi works hard to keep other vamps from rising, presumably to keep them from lashing out at the world that wronged them. McBride has learned from Pratt and looks up to her, but I get the felling that if Suzi thinks Lily is about to fall off the slippery slope and start acting more like the typical "shitty mosquito", she won't hesitate to rip her head off.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Wapsi wrote:Ahhh, Lily will heal good as new, just takes a few minutes. Meanwhile, Suzie has her right where she wants her, listening.
If the wings are a threat display, why isn't Suzi - who's being rather more threatening here than Lily was in the previous strip when she showed wing - displaying?

EDIT to fix typo that changed the meaning, even though people seem to have read it correctly.
Last edited by Fairportfan on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Interesting that being shot in the chest didn't even phase McBride, but a couple of shots to the knees put Pratt down.

"Stronger than you," indeed.
Fairportfan wrote:
If the wings aren't a threat display, why isn't Suzi - who's being rather more threatening here than Lily was in the previous strip when she showed wing - displaying?
Here's a scary thought. Lily went full on threat display to intimidate McBride. It didn't work. Suzi is threatening Pratt and from Lil's expression, she is plenty intimidated.

And McBride isn't even going all out. No wings or anything.

As vampires go, Suzi must be a real badass.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Fairportfan wrote:
If the wings aren't a threat display, why isn't Suzi - who's being rather more threatening here than Lily was in the previous strip when she showed wing - displaying?
I would thing that the threat display is autonomic like blushing while embarrassed. Suzi is doing what she is doing in a calm controlled manner and not in a panic so no threat display. I think that the threat she has made is more of a way to force Lilly to get control of herself and not keep freaking out (but that is just my two cents).
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:If the wings aren't a threat display, why isn't Suzi - who's being rather more threatening here than Lily was in the previous strip when she showed wing - displaying?
Well... a threat isn't really threat, if it's actually a kind offer that comes with an explicit "... if you want" opt-in clause?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Boxilar wrote: Interesting that being shot in the chest didn't even phase McBride, but a couple of shots to the knees put Pratt down.
Ummm - until such time as it severs your spine, there's nothing in your chest directly devoted to holding you upright.

Destroying the knees sort of renders the legs useful for their intended function.

And, while a 9mm round to the body might not knock you down, one into the back of the knee will certainly tend to unlock and flex the knee like the toggle in a Luger action.

If you've never done/had this done to you - have someone stand upright in front of you, come close behind and just nudge the back of their knee with your knee. So long as the knee is straight, the leg acts like a single bar supporting your weight. Flex it just slightly and the leg will fold under you.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Mark N wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
I would thing that the threat display is autonomic like blushing while embarrassed. Suzi is doing what she is doing in a calm controlled manner and not in a panic so no threat display. I think that the threat she has made is more of a way to force Lilly to get control of herself and not keep freaking out (but that is just my two cents).
^^ This. Suzie doesn't feel threatened and doesn't need the display to back up her actions. She's MUCH stronger.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Lily's gun is a Beretta 96, .40cal
Suzie's gun is a Glock 21, .45acp

Suzie's gun removes kneecaps.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Suzie's a pretty good shot, hitting her kneecaps while her legs were in motion. Almost as good as the guard who shot Jin in the leg way back when. I say, "almost," because he did it while she was running and with a miniature crossbow.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Fairportfan wrote:
Boxilar wrote: Interesting that being shot in the chest didn't even phase McBride, but a couple of shots to the knees put Pratt down.
Ummm - until such time as it severs your spine, there's nothing in your chest directly devoted to holding you upright.

Destroying the knees sort of renders the legs useful for their intended function.

And, while a 9mm round to the body might not knock you down, one into the back of the knee will certainly tend to unlock and flex the knee like the toggle in a Luger action.

If you've never done/had this done to you - have someone stand upright in front of you, come close behind and just nudge the back of their knee with your knee. So long as the knee is straight, the leg acts like a single bar supporting your weight. Flex it just slightly and the leg will fold under you.
I have had my knees taken out from under me. Both of them at different times have been bent sideways and left me in a brace for weeks. That was in my teens. In my forties, I'm really feeling it. High School football was not worth it. I also get that having basic human anatomy makes vamps vulnerable to attacks on their joints. I guess my read on it was Suzy was that much tougher than Lily.
Wapsi wrote:Lily's gun is a Beretta 96, .40cal
Suzie's gun is a Glock 21, .45acp

Suzie's gun removes kneecaps.
"Never attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not begin with '4'." -Attributed to Wyatt Earp

I realize that a .40S&W or .45ACP gun is plenty against vanilla normals and even low level supernaturals for a short time. Would someone pack one of the ridiculously huge calibers like .50AE, 454 Casull or .500S&W against a slightly higher tier supernatural, or would it be pointless?