"Naw, man - I don't even HAVE a Facebook page."

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

"Naw, man - I don't even HAVE a Facebook page."

Post by Fairportfan »

Do people take lessons in stupid when they get hold of a computer or smartphone?

New Jersey Assemblyman is a lesson in selective Facebook Liking
What are some embarrassing details you can dig up about a Facebook user? Say an Assemblyman? Charles Mainor, the Jersey City Assemblyman of the 31st Legislative District is at the center of controversy again for some questionable Facebook pages he’s favorited, reports The Jersey Journal.

Mainor’s constituents are questioning his interests, which were laid out in plain sight on Facebook. The two pages that he’s being attacked for, in case you’re interested, are “Big Bootie Freaks,” and “You Got Knocked The Fck Out Man.” I don’t think we have to explain what these Facebook pages are about. If you’re curious, go ahead and hit the above links.

Usually when a public figure gets caught in compromising social networking situation, they blame it on faulty use of their account. Not Mainor. Despite clearly “liking” pages about women’s… ahem… physiques and physical violence, he attempted to distance himself from the evidence by telling the Journal that he doesn’t use Facebook – especially not after his last incident in January 2012. The “incident” he’s talking about, long story short, has to do with his very public Facebook rant about football in which he ended up calling the Philadelphia Eagles “gaybirds” and the Dallas Cowboys “cowgirls.” He’s a New York Giants fan, in case you’re wondering.

So this is what he had to say to the Journal in defense of his most recent Facebook flub:

“They’re [his constituents] trying to discredit me in some kind of way because I agreed with the gun deals that I pushed through. We’re losing babies. And if the best they can do is come back and say, ‘He shouldn’t have Big Bootie Freaks,’ then I said, ‘Hey, you shouldn’t have guns.”

Lo and behold, to no one’s surprise, he eventually called the Journal back and fessed up to his love for women (he’s currently single), and that he favorited “Got Knocked The Fck Out Man” to bookmark the page, which he says his daughter introduced him to.

The two pages have since been removed from his favorites list. As a publicly elected official, and considering his questionable activities on Facebook, Mainor might want to invest in a social media manager.

While you might not be a public official with opponents scrutinizing your every activity, Mainor’s loss should be your gain. Take it as a lesson on why you need to give your profile a look over from your status updates, Likes, and anything else publicly visible. The very existence of Graph Search makes it even more likely that someone sometime might stumble on this unfortunate information.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Re: "Naw, man - I don't even HAVE a Facebook page."

Post by Jabberwonky »

Again, if the waffling potato-heads that we keep electing would just friggin' admit to their foibles, I would much more respect them. What's not to like about women's posteriors? If you're straight, stand up proud and admit it.
The knocked out page, a little harder to explain as a public official.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Julie

Re: "Naw, man - I don't even HAVE a Facebook page."

Post by Julie »

Jabberwonky wrote:Again, if the waffling potato-heads that we keep electing would just friggin' admit to their foibles, I would much more respect them. What's not to like about women's posteriors? If you're straight, stand up proud and admit it.
The knocked out page, a little harder to explain as a public official.
This...Honesty really is the best policy...

I honestly don't understand why we expect the people we elect to be choir boys in every aspect of their public and private lives, but then get our panties in a twist if we're not allowed to be a little (or a lot) deviant in our own lives. If he "liked" those things on his "official" Facebook page for his political life...well then he's a bigger idiot than I realized. If, however, he "liked" those things on his personal Facebook page...well, he's entitled to like whatever he wants (I say this without having viewed the links for either of the pages mentioned). He just needs to be smarter about who can see what on his personal Facebook page, something I've noticed most people need to work on.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."