Best Friend 2016-10-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Best Friend 2016-10-18

Post by lake_wrangler »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/best-friend/

So... Devyn is related to Popeye? I yam what I yam...
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Best Friend 2016-10-18

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I wonder if either of them realises that they're slipping into A Relationship here... more than Best Friends, that is.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I wonder if either of them realises that they're slipping into A Relationship here... more than Best Friends, that is.
I doubt either of them realize anything yet but one hopes in time they will
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

oldmanmickey wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:I wonder if either of them realises that they're slipping into A Relationship here... more than Best Friends, that is.
I doubt either of them realize anything yet but one hopes in time they will
Is that "one"as in "one of them" or "one" as in "me"?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

[Kosh]Yes[/Kosh]
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
donoho

Post by donoho »

How so?
sheik

Post by sheik »

Devyn doesn't need a hormone driven relationship, she needs a friend.
As long as Abbie knows that, Devyn can be cool with whatever else Abbie might be attracted to, and Devyn will still be there when the hormones dissipate.
The friendship comes first, all the rest is window dressing.
AnotherFairportfan

sheik wrote:
Devyn doesn't need a hormone driven relationship, she needs a friend.
As long as Abbie knows that, Devyn can be cool with whatever else Abbie might be attracted to, and Devyn will still be there when the hormones dissipate.
The friendship comes first, all the rest is window dressing.
One hopes.

There's a girl in "Sandra & Woo" who only slowly realised she had a crush on a friend who didn't notice and wouldn't be interested if she did.

And then there's the girl who hanged herself at the Orphanage; while we don't know that she was in love with our oblivious siren friend, it seems possible.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: . . . And then there's the girl who hanged herself at the Orphanage; while we don't know that she was in love with our oblivious siren friend, it seems possible.
Thana.

And I'm pretty sure Atsali felt at least phileos towards Thana . . .

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

FreeFlier wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote: . . . And then there's the girl who hanged herself at the Orphanage; while we don't know that she was in love with our oblivious siren friend, it seems possible.
Thana.

--FreeFlier
And obviously a strong dose of survivor's guilt afterwards.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:
Thana.

And obviously a strong dose of survivor's guilt afterwards.
Which compounded everything . . . and was part of why Atsali reacted so strongly to Nadette's confession of love.

--FreeFlier