Allowance Money 2016-08-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Allowance Money 2016-08-23

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Re: Allowance Money 2016-08-23

Post by Dave »

Blackthorn Kid's Got Toes!

Seriously - every time I can recall that we've seen Pickle's feet before, she's been stumping around on something like an elephant's... a roundish hoof-like appendage, with barely-visible toes. This is another way in which her shapeshifting has matured!

(This is also the earliest I can ever recall Paul posting a new strip.)
Last edited by Dave on Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

It's all about the scale of the thing. Rocks are cheap. Shoes cost money.
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

No! Not the boots! :cry:
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote:Blackthorn Kid's Got Toes!

. . .

Seriously - every time I can recall that we've seen Pickle's feet before, she's been stumping around on something like an elephant's... a roundish hoof-like appendage, with barely-visible toes. This is another way in which her shapeshifting has matured. . . .
She had toes at Oceanside on the 20th, too.

And on The Way, back on 13 July . . . and even in Where to put them on 7 July, or Have your Back or even last April in Drives Me crazy . . . though her ankles were thicker then.

We just weren't noticing.

--FreeFlier
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Poor pickle... she's focused on the boot and not on the awesome-ness of what she just did... She'd be a shoe-in for the school soccer team but somehow I think that idea will be kicked to the wayside as too dangerous for other students to be in the path of a kick like that... She could always take them back and claim faulty construction...

Pickle: "All I did was kick something and the whole toe of the shoe just ripped out!!!"

Seriously though, I think she's going to have to toe the line and foot the bill for another pair of boots. Maybe Aunt Bud can buy her a new pair while she's singing Pickle's praises...

*dumps fourteen expired Shoe Source coupons and an old, empty Addidas shoe box in the pun jar* I lost track... let me know if I still owe anything...

EDIT: What would Kath say if she heard Pickle swearing like that?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

DilyV wrote: . . . EDIT: What would Kath say if she heard Pickle swearing like that?
Something clever and effective.

--FreeFlier
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

The pickle needs to spend some time practicing her cussing. Kath is an vet she should be able to help her out with that.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
eee

Post by eee »

So the boots weren't indestructible, after all. Bummer. :(

Bud. You need to LISTEN to your adopted niece. She is upset. Kicking rocks is nothing special. Destroying boots that make you feel good about chubby ankles, on the other hand...

[quote="DilyV"
EDIT: What would Kath say if she heard Pickle swearing like that?[/quote]
She gets it from her grandmother.
AnotherFairportfan

eee wrote:
DilyV wrote: EDIT: What would Kath say if she heard Pickle swearing like that?
...and Aunt Suzi, likely.. And Aunt Shelly. And probably Aunt Monica.

Our gals can be a pretty foul-mouthed crew.

EDIT to name the right vampire.
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
eee wrote:
...and Aunt Lily, likely.. And Aunt Shelly. And probably Aunt Monica.

Or, in the case of Atsali, fowl-mouthed. "Uhhh, you said '$#@*%!!!'."

(drops a DVD of the Marx Brothers "Horse Feathers" into the Pun Jar)
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Well, Castela was wanting to learn about science. This can be her chance to learn more about the work of a guy named Newton.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

eee wrote:

I'll give you the Aunt Shelly and Aunt Monica... However Lily IS Castela's grandmother, who was alluded to by eee. Lily is the only one remaining (that we know of) Lanthian of six whose fourth baby was fused into a single entity (Katherine). Therefore, Lily is Katherine's mother, and Castela's grandmother by adoption.
AnotherFairportfan

lake_wrangler wrote:
eee wrote: She gets it from her grandmother.

I'll give you the Aunt Shelly and Aunt Monica... However Lily IS Castela's grandmother, who was alluded to by eee. Lily is the only one remaining (that we know of) Lanthian of six whose fourth baby was fused into a single entity (Katherine). Therefore, Lily is Katherine's mother, and Castela's grandmother by adoption.
Aggh. Meant Suzi.

Fixed.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Aggh. Meant Suzi.

Fixed.
I think Castela would have caught more about swearing from lily than Suzi, from what we've seen so far. At least, the times we've seen them on the island, Suzi would try to restrain herself when the kids were around, as opposed to Lily's continues potty mouth (and attitude, for a while, but she's better now that she's accepted that she has a family again...)
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

lake_wrangler wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Aggh. Meant Suzi.

Fixed.
I think Castela would have caught more about swearing from lily than Suzi, from what we've seen so far. At least, the times we've seen them on the island, Suzi would try to restrain herself when the kids were around, as opposed to Lily's continues potty mouth (and attitude, for a while, but she's better now that she's accepted that she has a family again...)
Once Lily wasn't scared about being around a bunch of apex predators all the time.

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Actually, when I do Guard Patrol, the foulest mouths on the playground are tweenagers
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Actually, when I do Guard Patrol, the foulest mouths on the playground are tweenagers
Neukulturny children raised by neukulturny parents. Not a surprise. I work in a big city and I see it here all the time.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

That's the age where they're actively willfully learning to swear . . . it doesn't have much to do with the parents.

It's society expectations as much as anything.

And if you think your kids are different . . . they're just pretty good at hiding it from you.

--FreeFlier