That Sucks 2016-07-21

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

That Sucks 2016-07-21

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Re: That Sucks 2016-07-21

Post by Opus the Poet »

timmy.exe is not responding <abort> <retry> <fail>?

EDIT to correct syntax.
Last edited by Opus the Poet on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Timmy (after they leave for the comic store): So -- they get bigger?

Castela: ......
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Timmy has gone cranial flatline...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

The Timmy you are trying to reach is not available at this time . . . please leave a message at the sound of the dial tone.
:lol:

--FreeFlier
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Scarlet, whos that? Take your time getting money, i am in noooo hurry. We got alll day. Miss Astali may i say that looks fantastic on you?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Worst timing or best timing?
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

oldmanmickey wrote:Scarlet, whos that? Take your time getting money, i am in noooo hurry. We got alll day. Miss Astali may i say that looks fantastic on you?
That assumes any functioning synapses at all - not likely at that point just from the blood loss.

Re: Timing: Depends on whose side you're on.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Just Old Al wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:Scarlet, whos that? Take your time getting money, i am in noooo hurry. We got alll day. Miss Astali may i say that looks fantastic on you?
That assumes any functioning synapses at all - not likely at that point just from the blood loss.

I agree, he'd probably make dial-up internet noises.

(That's right, I remember those days)
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Just Old Al wrote:

I agree, he'd probably make dial-up internet noises.

(That's right, I remember those days)
Heh. I worked as a production and Warranty Repair tech at Hayes for several years - back when we were first introducing 9600 modems...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
eee

Post by eee »

Poor Timothy. Even if they've explained this whole puberty thing to him, it doesn't really help when your IQ gets drowned in a flood of hormones and you have no idea what you want to do, but you know you want to do it really badly... :?
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Okay am I the only one who feels Atsali is bursting into tears for to much lately? I mean.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Reminds me of the time when a tall and busty female friend was wearing a top rather similar to Atsali's here, and realised the hazards of wearing such when she had to stand in the midst of a crowd of much shorter middle-schoolers. . .
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Just Old Al wrote:
That assumes any functioning synapses at all - not likely at that point just from the blood loss. . . .
I don't think Timmy would be suffering from lack of blood to the brain, but from having his brain turn into hormone-laden mush . . .

--FreeFlier
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

eee wrote:Poor Timothy. Even if they've explained this whole puberty thing to him, it doesn't really help when your IQ gets drowned in a flood of hormones and you have no idea what you want to do, but you know you want to do it really badly... :?
I haven't been keeping up with Artemis Fowl books for a while now, but I had the good luck to get into those books when I was starting to get smacked by puberty.

The title character had a very... Intellectual way of dealing with his puberty. So that's what I did. My high school had access to college-level databases, and I had a library card. So I went on an escapade to find academic journals, medical and psychological textbooks, reference materials, and encyclopedia entries that dealt with puberty.

This was also during the time when I learned social invisibility tactics to avoid bullying because I was tired of fighting, so that helped me figure out how to not run my mouth. Once I learned how to shut up, I started to get better at learning to think before I spoke, which ended up helping me learn how to think before I did anything.

This was also when my parents were getting into a divorce, and they didn't know how to respect my position as their child, so they were constantly venting at me and tearing the other parent down. So I learned how to observe dispassionately, from an objective point of view.

Aaaand this was also when my sister went bat-shit-crazy-and-stark-raving-mad, so I had to learn how to filter insanity. That helped me ignore hormonal surges.

Just have to have the right approach. All things are conquerable given enough relevant knowledge... For knowledge is power.
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

TheCollector wrote:Okay am I the only one who feels Atsali is bursting into tears for to much lately? I mean.
Teens tend to be emotionally labile.

Also, remember that with the forward time-jumping that has been going on, "lately" for us probably covers several years of Atsali's life. There's a lot of her lifetime that we haven't seen at all (let alone in any amount of detail).
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

eee wrote:Poor Timothy. Even if they've explained this whole puberty thing to him, it doesn't really help when your IQ gets drowned in a flood of hormones and you have no idea what you want to do, but you know you want to do it really badly... :?
... and the first few times you WILL do it badly... horribly, in fact...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
... and the first few times you WILL do it badly... horribly, in fact...
Wasn't my experience.
I'm too much!