Suck on a lemon - 2016-12-30 December

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Re: Suck on a lemon - 2016-12-30 December

Post by Opus the Poet »

FreeFlier wrote:And with Jin there - as is implied she will be - anybody who gets too pushy is likely to wind up wondering where that truck came from . . .

--FreeFlier
Or how they ended up in the middle of I35...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Unless I misunderstood a lot of what happened, Jin's about as powerful as your average five-foot-something woman is now. Meaning almost inconsequential compared to a lot of paras. Or did she keep all the benefits of being a golem sans the immortality part?
illiad

Re: So which is it?

Post by illiad »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:
Thor wrote: I'm not sure why I bother to type words if you are just going to ignore them. :roll:
I"m not ignoring what you are typing, I'm pointing out how incorrect it is and attempting to educate you. Since this appears to be futile, I'll stop now. Maybe some day you'll discover it for yourself. Hopefully not the hard way.
yeah approaching a girl with sexy dress, making a stupid comment, and be kneed in the groin!!!

when will they understand 'looking nice' to a girl does NOT mean 'sexy' - If a small girl with almost 'nothing' wore the same dress (properly sized, of course!!) almost no man would notice... the girls of course would say 'lovely fashion!' :P

for men, they are driven by their hormones / 'lower brain' ... Only the more intelligent of us can override that and be subjective...

sex, sexuality, attractiveness, sexual attractiveness, are FOUR totally different things, look them up!!! and respect people, no matter WHAT they are / are not wearing!!! :evil:
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Akeche wrote:Unless I misunderstood a lot of what happened, Jin's about as powerful as your average five-foot-something woman is now. Meaning almost inconsequential compared to a lot of paras. Or did she keep all the benefits of being a golem sans the immortality part?
Then she just needs to put more effort into it . . .

And I seem to recall that Jin still has significant powers . . . like so many other women in Wapsi Squared.

--FreeFlier
Last edited by FreeFlier on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

Catawampus wrote:My own personal take on Jin's statement:

Atsali's sex appeal and Atsali's sexuality are two entirely separate things.

There are people who would find Atsali in minimal amounts of clothing (or even better, no clothing at all) to be extremely attractive. There are people who would be turned off by that. There are people who might be more attracted to her if she had a different skin colour, or only if she were naked and juggling celery, or if she were naked and playing with toothpaste. While she should certainly have some idea of the common ideas of sex appeal in culture and how her choices are likely to influence people in general around her, her sex appeal has little to do with her in particular and more to do with the tastes of the people viewing her.

If somebody is turned on by her appearance in whatever way, that's their business and that's fine. But what they shouldn't do is to assume that, just because they find seeing her skin to be sexually appealing, she must be consciously trying to appeal to their sex urges and is obligated to have sex with them whenever she is wearing skimpy clothes. Sure, she can be doing it to intentionally appeal to a certain person or to people overall, but the basic fact that she's showing skin ought not be taken as automatically meaning that she's out looking for sex.

So: lots of exposed skin can mean sexy, without meaning "have sex with me".
I think this sums it up nicely.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

FreeFlier wrote:
Akeche wrote:Unless I misunderstood a lot of what happened, Jin's about as powerful as your average five-foot-something woman is now. Meaning almost inconsequential compared to a lot of paras. Or did she keep all the benefits of being a golem sans the immortality part?
Then she just needs to put more effort into it . . .

And I seem to recall that Jin still has significant powers . . . like so many other women in Wapsi Squared.

--FreeFlier
An average five-foot-something Lanthian woman who can speak Glyph.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

jwhouk wrote: An average five-foot-something Lanthian woman who can speak Glyph.
With some very, very powerful friends.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Yeah - when she and Monica went island-trashing ... errr ... hopping, wasn't Monica doing all the poiting? Or just the hair-trigger "Help Mr Wizard!"stuff?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:
Thor wrote: I'm not sure why I bother to type words if you are just going to ignore them. :roll:
I"m not ignoring what you are typing, I'm pointing out how incorrect it is and attempting to educate you. Since this appears to be futile, I'll stop now. Maybe some day you'll discover it for yourself. Hopefully not the hard way.
Getting a bit overly-snarky here, guys.

Play nice.

{Hard to believe i'm the one counseling peace here - considering that, on another forum, i am constantly just barely on the right side of declaring open war on one of the mods. If it weren't a mod it would have beenj "Flame On!" a long time ago.}
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Yeah - when she and Monica went island-trashing ... errr ... hopping, wasn't Monica doing all the poiting? Or just the hair-trigger "Help Mr Wizard!"stuff?
Jin can still poit, and apparently can do so very quickly... it took her only two words' worth of time ("I'll be") to set it up.

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/about-the-weather/

ln the case of the island volcano that blew up, Jin said that she thought Monica was the one who poited them to safety. The fact that she's said "I think you're the one who saved us" (emphasis added) means that there another possible alternative: Jin could have poited them away from the explosion. Jin thinks Monica's reactions were faster.

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/saved-us/

According to Bud, the "humanizing" program for a Golem removes some of a Golem's powers (invulnerability and immortality at least) but the Golem retains some others. It looks as if poiting is one that remains.

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/your-choice/
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Opus the Poet wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:And with Jin there - as is implied she will be - anybody who gets too pushy is likely to wind up wondering where that truck came from . . .

--FreeFlier
Or how they ended up in the middle of I-35...
...Which one?
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

jwhouk wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:

--FreeFlier
...Which one?
The one running through the Twin Cities, easier to target. Especially if you know where a certain exit is.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:yeah approaching a girl with sexy dress, making a stupid comment, and be kneed in the groin!!!
However, in this case the girl may not be able to parse the stupid comment as being knee-worthy.
AnotherFairportfan

AmriloJim wrote:
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:yeah approaching a girl with sexy dress, making a stupid comment, and be kneed in the groin!!!
However, in this case the girl may not be able to parse the stupid comment as being knee-worthy.
Or, conversely, might decide it's decapitation-worthy.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

From what I can tell of Jin and her abilities from when she was originally a golem, she's lost her extended lifespan, her indestructibility, and her tolerance for extremes of temperature. She's kept her poiting. I've no clue on if she still has her snake form or her "access panels", and it might be considered rude to ask her.
AmriloJim wrote:
Though if she does get her feathers ruffled, then you might get to see how well that dress adapts to fitting a fifteen-foot-tall individual who would terrorise a flock of Phorusrhacids.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Opus the Poet wrote:
jwhouk wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:
...Which one?
The one running through the Twin Cities, easier to target. Especially if you know where a certain exit is.
There are two I-35's that run through the Twin Cities. 35W goes through Minneapolis, while 35E goes through St. Paul.