Feel Like An Outsider 2016-10-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
FreeFlier

Re: Feel Like An Outsider 2016-10-16

Post by FreeFlier »

I don't believe that it was ever stated what type of paranormal Devyn is, but Devyn referred to Alexis as a nymph (" . . . the nymph voted most likely to fall down a flight of stairs in a one-story house!"), and I think there was something about Mallory being a nymph as well.

And both Devyn and Alexis referred to Hades and Poseidon as Devyn's uncles.

Which, given the proclivities of greek gods, could simply be the relationship Devyn prefers to think about . . .

/wanders away singing I'm My Own Grandpa!/

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Someone needs to fix the date.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

The friggin date is fixed, the comic posted just after noon on the 16th.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Doesn't matter it' the comiic for Monday the seventeenth.

You will note that there is, by your logic, no comic for Monday.

This comic appears Monday to Friday. There are no regular-story Sunday pages.

================

Okay, that's weird - if you check the archive, this page isn't listed at all.

It goes straight from"NerdGirls Dancing" to "Best Friend"...

I think Paul needs to clear up some dates.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

oldmanmickey wrote:I dont believe he was saying she was a nymph, just using that as an example. As for her father being a different species, my copy of Biology of the Gods must have gotten lost so i cant be sure but given they can be male, female or animal as the mood strikes i would guess not being interested in sex at all would not be a major stretch.
It certainly would for Zeus. Roughly half of Greek mythology can be summarized as "Zeus couldn't keep it in his toga; hijinks ensued."
Gyrrakavian

Re: Feel Like An Outsider 2016-10-17

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Dave wrote:
jwhouk wrote:And I would have to believe Devyn is what'd be called "asexual".
Unless, as others have suggested, she's s late bloomer. Psychological and physiological puberty might hit her as suddenly as it did Atsali.
Or this could just be a case of 'exactly what it says on the tin'.

The comic already has homosexuals and bisexuals, so why not asexuals?
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

oldmanmickey wrote:
cmdrpowers wrote:An asexual nymph sounds like some sort of contradiction. Weren't nymphs supposed to be seductive? Of course, that could just be part of their predatory behavior. 8-)
I dont believe he was saying she was a nymph, just using that as an example. As for her father being a different species, my copy of Biology of the Gods must have gotten lost so i cant be sure but given they can be male, female or animal as the mood strikes i would guess not being interested in sex at all would not be a major stretch.
According to Paul, Devyn is a Heliad Nymph- or 'Fen' Nymph. Am I stereotyping Nymphs? Maybe, but we are treated to Atsali trying to reject her species' instincts, so I guess Devyn can too.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

cmdrpowers wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:
cmdrpowers wrote:An asexual nymph sounds like some sort of contradiction. Weren't nymphs supposed to be seductive? Of course, that could just be part of their predatory behavior. 8-)
I dont believe he was saying she was a nymph, just using that as an example. As for her father being a different species, my copy of Biology of the Gods must have gotten lost so i cant be sure but given they can be male, female or animal as the mood strikes i would guess not being interested in sex at all would not be a major stretch.
According to Paul, Devyn is a Heliad Nymph- or 'Fen' Nymph. Am I stereotyping Nymphs? Maybe, but we are treated to Atsali trying to reject her species' instincts, so I guess Devyn can too.
Not quite . . . Atsali is refusing to be a slave to her instincts/drives . . . Devyn says she doesn't even have the instincts/drives.

--FreeFlier
TazManiac

Re: Feel Like An Outsider 2016-10-17

Post by TazManiac »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Catawampus wrote:All of her passion is devoted to baked goods. There is none left to spare for more frivolous matters.
She needs to meet Becky.

THERE'S a relationship made in heaven.
It would be funny to see an Apprentice type relationship develop out of such a relationship; Becky & Devyn... "The (Pastry) Force is Strong in this one..."
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

FreeFlier wrote:Not quite . . . Atsali is refusing to be a slave to her instincts/drives . . .

--FreeFlier
Or rather, she doesn't want people to think she's ONLY insincts and drive. She doesn't want to come off as the stereotypical siren.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

lake_wrangler wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:Not quite . . . Atsali is refusing to be a slave to her instincts/drives . . .
Or rather, she doesn't want people to think she's ONLY insincts and drive. She doesn't want to come off as the stereotypical siren.
Either way, she has the instincts/drives, and is surpressing them.

Devyn doesn't have them.

--FreeFlier