Because 2016-10-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Because 2016-10-07

Post by jwhouk »

Linky

D'aaawwwwwWWWWWWWWW...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Because 2016-10-07

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:Linky

D'aaawwwwwWWWWWWWWW...
Ninja'd

On post and comment.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

and a good way to end a week
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

So... If she is shelly's conscience, does that mean there is some sort of... Carry-over warm fuzzy feelings between Shelly and Tepoz?

I've never really decided if Connie is a fully separate consciousness and being. It's all... Ambiguous.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

GlytchMeister wrote:I've never really decided if Connie is a fully separate consciousness and being. It's all... Ambiguous.
Not according to Shelly who spent 80K years living with her. Connie is a separate sentient individual. Connie knows what Shelly is thinking about (couldn't do her job otherwise) but outside of job functions they are independent.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

That's something that I've wondered. How much of what Shelly knows does Conscience then know, and is there anything going the other direction as well? Clearly Shelly didn't know what Connie was planning in the Library, and Shelly has managed to sneak up and startle Conscience, so there's some lack of full communication going on.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

They are linked, esp from a Singular Source POV, but are now Intendant Operators.

Until Shelly dies, then Connie goes 'to the next thing' as well...

(of course there's more to it than that- but they don't share thoughts and motivations directly...)
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

TazManiac wrote:They are linked, esp from a Singular Source POV, but are now Intendant Operators.

Until Shelly dies, then Connie goes 'to the next thing' as well...

(of course there's more to it than that- but they don't share thoughts and motivations directly...)
Attitudes and Extremely Low Senses Of Humour, now...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Attitudes and Extremely Low Senses Of Humour, now...
Yeah. Do not ever give either of those two a Johnson Smith catalog... they'll be into the whoopie-cushion-and-itching-powder section before you know it.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Dave wrote:
Yeah. Do not ever give either of those two a Johnson Smith catalog... they'll be into the whoopie-cushion-and-itching-powder section before you know it.
Send them here instead.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Warrl wrote:
Dave wrote:
Send them here instead.
I can't justify most Internet Links on first blush; I'm dealing w/ a Interwebz Quota, at least until we can forgo the HotSpot and lay in (at least) a DSL line as a baseline.

Sometimes this puts a damper on my automatic clicking of posted Internet Links, but this one has Catz; and therefore one worth clicking on.

Maybe tomorrow.

In the mean time, look into George Carlin. I leave it to the gentle reader to do their own search for content.