Prioritize 2016-07-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Gyrrakavian

Re: Prioritize 2016-07-06

Post by Gyrrakavian »

GlytchMeister wrote:Damn, Gyrr. Put the hair on the feet too and you'd be part hobbit!

If I had feet like that I'd probably end up making my own shoes out of tires and old leather coats or something.

As it is, I have to buy very high-quality shoes, because of the surgeries I've had due to too-short Achilles' tendons. At least they last a long time... Given enough gorilla tape and superglue.

Ooh, that reminds me I need to glue the soles back on my sneakers...
My feet are a proportional length for my height. They're just really wide. Everything is the right length for my height, it's all just 2 to 3 sizes wider. And I've got a deep chest and broad shoulders on top of it, so shirt shopping is almost as "fun"* as shoe shopping. At least I've gotten used to have the extra material at the fingertips of my gloves.

*Fits in shoulders, too damn long. Fits in length, I risk ripping the seems if I move my arms down to my sides.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Sooo... You're built like a... Like a...

Hmm.

I must be slipping. I can't think of a good simile...

*mutters to self under breath*
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

GlytchMeister wrote:Sooo... You're built like a... Like a...

Hmm.

I must be slipping. I can't think of a good simile...

*mutters to self under breath*
Short and stocky. I've been told I'm built like a boxer.

Big egg head, thick muscley neck, broad sturdy shoulders, broad and deep chest, bulky abdominal muscles hidden under some extra weight, wide-ish hips (for a man), "thunder thighs", powerful calves, wide feet, and wide hands. Naturally strong without having to work out.

EDIT: I've also been told I'm built for tossing cabers.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

yeah, I know that feeling . . . I'm tall, so my shirts aren't that bad, but if I get pants that fit in the waist, they're too tight in the legs and crotch . . . if they fit the legs and crotch, they're way too loose at the waist.

--FreeFlier
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Just go to your local big and tall shop they have everything you need in the clothing department. Shoes can be bought at any up scale shoe store just bring your credit card and first born male child. The only big problem i have is with rings, no one seems to carry a size 19 in stock.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Yeah; I've been haunting Big and Tall shops before- I'm just under 6' and never been over 200lbs, but the longer sleeves of the smaller 'Tall Man' sizes suits, (sic) me just fine.

And then the Industry started coming out w/ 'fitted' (or 'tapered') dress shirts and those I could find most anywhere...
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

oldmanmickey wrote:Just go to your local big and tall shop they have everything you need in the clothing department. Shoes can be bought at any up scale shoe store just bring your credit card and first born male child. The only big problem i have is with rings, no one seems to carry a size 19 in stock.
Nice theory . . . doesn't work for me. I have to mail-order pants because I haven't been able to find anyone a hundred mile radius that carries pants that fit.

And only one store that carries a limited selection of shirts that fit.

--FreeFlier
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Back when I was driving (racing) sports cars and stock cars I had a massive neck from wearing heavy helmets at high lateral Gs. I had to get shirts custom made because they just don't make a size 22 collar to sell in stores, without gorilla-length sleeves.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Opus the Poet wrote:Back when I was driving (racing) sports cars and stock cars I had a massive neck from wearing heavy helmets at high lateral Gs. I had to get shirts custom made because they just don't make a size 22 collar to sell in stores, without gorilla-length sleeves.
I was lucky if I could find an 18 collar without gorilla-length sleeves and gorilla-wide chest. Part of why I gave up on ties, or anything else that would mean I was expected to button the collar.