Wing Gal 2016-05-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TazManiac

Re: Wing Gal 2016-05-02

Post by TazManiac »

"These are not the 'Droids you are looking for..."
FreeFlier

Re: Wing Gal 2016-05-02

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote:
meisdadoo wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:Looks like Jessie's got Atsali's back.......whether Atsali knows it or not. ;) Now there's a friend.
Not sure I would want a vindictive tuna "prior" queen bee for a friend, if I was the current ruling queen.
Vindictive? Where have we seen that?

We've seen some good evidence that Jessie was quite satisfied to be rid of her role as the "Queen bee" of the school... the impression I got is that she'd probably been pressured into it by her social-climber mother. She ripped her mother a new one for having prudishly body-shamed Atsali (something that Atsali didn't find out about until Bud told her).

I get the feeling that Jessie's feelings about being a stereotypical Mermaid (stuck-up, catty social climbers) are a lot like Atsali's feelings about being a stereotypical Siren (sexual predators). Both of them would rather transcend their species's reputations.
Jessie actually said that being the queen bee was a pain in the tail and she'd rather not have the role.

She also said that the school decides, which is accurate in my observation.

And there's also that thing that somebody - Euryale? - pointed out, that if nobody's picking on Atsali, then the queen bee must have her back . . . (that was before Atsali became the queen bee.)

--FreeFlier