Drives Me Crazy 2016-04-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
illiad

Re: Drives Me Crazy 2016-04-19

Post by illiad »

scantrontb wrote:
Catawampus wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:How does a hollow clay golem get so thoroughly snockered?
They can also enjoy food and have functional erogenous zones. From what I've gathered, Maya came up with the techniques for making golems and then the priests stole her idea. My guess, then, is that Maya wanted golems to be as lifelike as possible and to be able to experience things much the same way as humans do. When the priests took her ideas and decided to make an ultimate weapon, they simply copied her technique over wholesale; they likely didn't understand the actual details of the process, and so didn't change any of them.

As to why Maya wanted to make golems that could feel like humans, I dunno. Perhaps as a way to preserve herself, or her loved ones
I'm gonna take a W.A.G. and say that it was so that SHE could still feel those things afterwards, when she convinced the Priesthood to make her into a Golem in the first place... all so that they would not be able to stop her when she stole The Calendar Machine and try to destroy it... since SHE made the formula in the first place, and the Priests couldn't change the formula in order to get a Golem that was under their control, and still get a viable monster, because the resulting Golem still had free will as the person involved had BEFORE Golemization... so... they had to use the old fashioned method to gain psychological control of the people BEFORE they got turned into Golems ie, torture... therefore they SHOULD have had total control over the Chimera... IF it weren't for Jin...
I am sure there are tropes about various golems / robots/ androids... ST:NG has a few, 'humans' who do not know they are androids, etc... A lot think it is easier to get a 'fully working soul' from a human, than to make a faulty one from scratch... :/

you will have to ask Paul for the 'full technical guide to wapsiverse'
- the section on 'how to make a good golem' is very informative!
- also sections on 'policing and topology of dimensions'
-