Three 2016-03-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Three 2016-03-04

Post by jwhouk »

Dawwwwwww.

And, in case you don't know what this is all about: this must be the scene where Atsali and the "demon girl" (who, it looks like, is just a ram-human hybrid) "found" Castela on the doorstep of the orphanage.

Which means that Atsali has know Castela practically her entire life...

EDIT: Boss has named her - "Thana."
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DilyV

Re: Three 2016-03-04

Post by DilyV »

At least he didn't name her Violet...

*drops some flower seeds, and a 50 foot length of Manila Hemp rope in the pun jar.*
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Oh gods why! Why would you draw a happy scene between Atsali and Thana? :( :cry:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

TheCollector wrote:Oh gods why! Why would you draw a happy scene between Atsali and Thana? :( :cry:
The feels, of course.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

jwhouk wrote:
TheCollector wrote:Oh gods why! Why would you draw a happy scene between Atsali and Thana? :( :cry:
The feels, of course.
I've had enough horrible feels tonight already after the 100. I didn't need anymore.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

All the little stinkweed has ever know is love. Unless your fae, then all bets are off
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

TheCollector wrote:
jwhouk wrote:
The feels, of course.
I've had enough horrible feels tonight already after the 100. I didn't need anymore.
Don't those writers know that you're supposed to wait at least 4 episodes after the one where a character has a sex scene before killing them off?
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I think I skipped over that page in TV Tropes...
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I wonder if Castela is trying to mimic the other girl there, or if that's just how she looked at that time?
Well, it does fit in with the themes of the past couple of weeks: relationships with friends and loved ones, facing up to mistakes from childhood, and death and loss. And perhaps impulsiveness and loss of personal control.
eee

Post by eee »

Because we've already had a sad scene?

It's clear Thana and Atsali meant a great deal to each other. Although not the same things to each. We'll have to find out more about their relationship some day to fully understand why Atsali went psycho when Nadette professed her love. And this is the first step.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

eee wrote:

It's clear Thana and Atsali meant a great deal to each other. Although not the same things to each. We'll have to find out more about their relationship some day to fully understand why Atsali went psycho when Nadette professed her love. And this is the first step.
I suspect Thana did the same, and Atsali freaked . . . so then when Thana hung herself . . .

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

FreeFlier wrote:
eee wrote:

I suspect Thana did the same, and Atsali freaked . . . so then when Thana hung herself . . .
Or, worse, Atsali just never noticed, leaving Thana thinking she'd been friend-zoned.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

eee wrote:Because we've already had a sad scene?

FreeFlier wrote:I suspect Thana did the same, and Atsali freaked . . . so then when Thana hung herself . . .
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Or, worse, Atsali just never noticed, leaving Thana thinking she'd been friend-zoned.
No, given the strength of Atsali's reaction, Atsali did something. Atsali feels too guilty to have simply been oblivious.

--FreeFlier
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

FreeFlier wrote:No, given the strength of Atsali's reaction, Atsali did something. Atsali feels too guilty to have simply been oblivious.
That could come from recognizing something after the fact (perhaps MUCH after) and believing she could and should have recognized it soon enough to do Thana some good.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Warrl wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:No, given the strength of Atsali's reaction, Atsali did something. Atsali feels too guilty to have simply been oblivious.
That could come from recognizing something after the fact (perhaps MUCH after) and believing she could and should have recognized it soon enough to do Thana some good.
Yeah - that's what i was getting at.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Warrl wrote:That could come from recognizing something after the fact (perhaps MUCH after) and believing she could and should have recognized it soon enough to do Thana some good.
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Yeah - that's what i was getting at.
It's possible, but I think the reaction is too strong.

--FreeFlier
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Don't forget, there was monologue in the direction that Atsali was saying -
People don't really love you, they just say that to get something (or to manipulate...)
Of course I'm paraphrasing, poorly, but I recall the freak-out had mention of "I can't believe you when you say you love me, it's happened before...".
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

TazManiac wrote:Don't forget, there was monologue in the direction that Atsali was saying -
People don't really love you, they just say that to get something (or to manipulate...)
Of course I'm paraphrasing, poorly, but I recall the freak-out had mention of "I can't believe you when you say you love me, it's happened before...".
Though that could be due as much to after-the-fact rationalising by Atsali as it is to anything that Thana herself did (or that she thinks Thana did).
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

jwhouk wrote:I think I skipped over that page in TV Tropes...
4 being a number associated with death, and 4 minutes after the sex scene being entirely too short and 40 minutes being not quite long enough. I don't watch 'The 100', but I got a whole hell of a lot of complaints about it in my tumblr feed. At the very least, they should wait until the next episode.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."