In My Hair 2016-02-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
scantrontb

Re: In My Hair 2016-02-16

Post by scantrontb »

Gyrrakavian wrote:One of my other anthologies has Call me Joe and Hark, Who Goes There? one right after the other. The latter of course being the basis for John Carpenter's The Thing
i like the version that Peter Watts did better... it's the same story, only told from the ALIEN'S point of view: titled "The Things"
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Gyrrakavian

Re: In My Hair 2016-02-16

Post by Gyrrakavian »

scantrontb wrote:
Gyrrakavian wrote:One of my other anthologies has Call me Joe and Hark, Who Goes There? one right after the other. The latter of course being the basis for John Carpenter's The Thing
i like the version that Peter Watts did better... it's the same story, only told from the ALIEN'S point of view: titled "The Things"
Definitely sounds interesting- I'll have to check that out.

Stories told from a non-human perspective tend to be pretty intriguing when done well. Try the short story 'Hi, Colonic', by Harry Turtledove. It's pretty short and explains a certain detail of many abduction stories.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."