Too bad England abolished capital punishment

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

Too bad England abolished capital punishment

Post by Fairportfan »

(posted this originally in the Misfile forum, in a thread named "Things that re-affirm my low opinion of human nature")

This one does more than re-affirm my low opinion - it drives it to a new low. In negative numbers.

Mick Philpott planned to frame ex-girlfriend for fire, court told

A jury has heard that a fire that killed six children was started deliberately by their father in a bid to frame his former lover
Vikram Dodd/The Guardian wrote: A house fire that killed six children was started deliberately by their father as part of a plot to frame his ex-girlfriend, a jury has heard.

Mick Philpott was facing a custody battle with his former lover, Lisa Willis, who had ended their relationship months earlier. A jury at Nottingham crown court heard that Philpott began to "set up" Willis by complaining to police that she was threatening him, his wife and the children.

Philpott, 56, his wife Mairead, 31, and Paul Mosley, 46, all denied six separate counts of manslaughter in relation to the deaths.

Mick and Mairead Philpott's children – Jade, 10, and her brothers Duwayne, 13, John, nine, Jack, eight, Jesse, six, and Jayden, five – died in the fire, on 11 May last year in the semi-detached house in Allenton, Derby, where the couple lived.

Willis, 28, had also lived at the property* but left in February 2012 after becoming fed up with the living arrangements. {emphasis added}
<snip>
A total of 11 children lived in the house. Six were the offspring of Mick and Mairead Philpott, while four were his children with Willis. Another child was Willis's, who she had had with another man.

Latham said the fire was started in the early hours of the morning on the day Willis and Philpott were due in court to discuss the residency of the children.
<snip>
Philpott first met Willis when she was 17, and she moved into the house soon afterwards. While Willis and her children were living at the three-bedroom council house in Victory Road, most of the children normally slept upstairs, while Mairead Philpott slept in either the living room or the conservatory.

Her husband slept in a caravan outside with Willis.
<complete story>

===================

* Apparently for like eleven years...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Re: Too bad England abolished capital punishment

Post by Mark N »

What amazes me is that while I am not surprised by what people can do to each other, I am finding that I can still want to vomit from them.

This also looks like a "Poly" relationship that took a real bad course.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Mark N wrote:This also looks like a "Poly" relationship that took a real bad course.
After eleven years...
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

I know what my wife's reaction to hearing about this will/would be. Four words.

"Horr. Ih. Fy. Ing."

Can't disagree a bit. If the accused parents did actually do this... well, I don't know if they'd qualify as sociopaths or psychopaths, but at this point it scarcely seems to matter.

Those poor kids... :o
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Fairportfan wrote:
Mark N wrote:This also looks like a "Poly" relationship that took a real bad course.
After eleven years...
I have seen them last 20 years before going sour and know of ones that lasted 40 years and still strong. We also do not know the accuracy of some of the info on the private lives so one never knows.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Julie

Post by Julie »

I have no words. I just don't understand how someone could set a fire in their own home putting their own children at risk (and in this case killing them) just for the sake of getting someone else in trouble. If his kids weren't home, I'd be less horrified and more in an eye-rolling mood...but this...it makes me ill.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Julie wrote:I have no words. I just don't understand how someone could set a fire in their own home putting their own children at risk (and in this case killing them) just for the sake of getting someone else in trouble. If his kids weren't home, I'd be less horrified and more in an eye-rolling mood...but this...it makes me ill.
I agree. I hope that the UK still has some old style dank cells for these MONSTERS to spend the rest of their natural lives in.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Julie wrote:I have no words. I just don't understand how someone could set a fire in their own home putting their own children at risk (and in this case killing them) just for the sake of getting someone else in trouble. If his kids weren't home, I'd be less horrified and more in an eye-rolling mood...but this...it makes me ill.
Well, he wasn't trying to get her in trouble as an end in itself - he was trying to get her in trouble so he'd get custody of the kids, since he would be a better parent to them than she would.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Fairportfan wrote:Well, he wasn't trying to get her in trouble as an end in itself - he was trying to get her in trouble so he'd get custody of the kids, since he would be a better parent to them than she would.
Yup, the ass-hat proved that one alright.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Mark N wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Well, he wasn't trying to get her in trouble as an end in itself - he was trying to get her in trouble so he'd get custody of the kids, since he would be a better parent to them than she would.
I have been known to engage in sarcasm.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Fairportfan wrote:
Mark N wrote:
I have been known to engage in sarcasm.
I know, that is why you are so fun to play with. :twisted: