Anyone else getting broken or missing images?

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

NOTDilbert

Anyone else getting broken or missing images?

Post by NOTDilbert »

Hey FPF,
Your cat pics, and a lot of the images posted in the last couple days, either will not display (a little box with 'image' instead in Firefox) or broken image icons (IE9). Some of them from even earlier are affected, but not all. Anyone else experiencing this?
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Leak

Re: Anyone else getting broken or missing images?

Post by Leak »

NOTDilbert wrote:Hey FPF,
Your cat pics, and a lot of the images posted in the last couple days, either will not display (a little box with 'image' instead in Firefox) or broken image icons (IE9). Some of them from even earlier are affected, but not all. Anyone else experiencing this?
Have you tried right clicking on them and selecting "view image"? It's quite possible someone took them or the server they're on down or disabled the ability to hotlink them from another domain - all ways that you'd get an error HTML page instead of an image and thus a "broken image" from your browser(s).

(That said, I can definitely see them here, and I don't have them cached - maybe some kind of content filter on your end is the cause?)
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

#Leak,

Will try that - no content filters on my end on either browser, will try your way.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

All is working now - may have been the server they were cached in (electronictiger.net, in FPF's case) was down at the time.

Sweet mysteries of (internet) life....
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Leak wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Hey FPF,
Have you tried right clicking on them and selecting "view image"? It's quite possible someone took them or the server they're on down or disabled the ability to hotlink them from another domain - all ways that you'd get an error HTML page instead of an image and thus a "broken image" from your browser(s).

(That said, I can definitely see them here, and I don't have them cached - maybe some kind of content filter on your end is the cause?)
They're on my own hosting account.

For instance, the first cat pic is http://electronictiger.net/avail/stch1.jpg
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber