Soggy Purple Balls Found in Desert

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

NOTDilbert

Soggy Purple Balls Found in Desert

Post by NOTDilbert »

You just can't make this stuff up - here: http://screen.yahoo.com/mysterious-ball ... 19340.html
Weird thing is, they look kinda like - really big - spider eggs. And Kath hasn't got there yet.

And while you're there, watch Sweater Ponies, mainly 'cause they're cute, and for a cameo by Rainbow Dash:
http://screen.yahoo.com/scotch-sweater- ... 22671.html
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
MerchManDan

Re: Soggy Purple Balls Found in Desert

Post by MerchManDan »

Heh. I'm apparently less mature than I had previously though, what with the first images that came to mind. :mrgreen:

As for the sweater ponies, when you mentioned Rainbow Dash I had thought the news site would show that shot of her wearing a sweater. Or at least a sweater with her on it.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

MerchManDan wrote:Heh. I'm apparently less mature than I had previously though, what with the first images that came to mind. :mrgreen:
Dammit man. I'm waiting for someone else to bring this into the gutter before making my comment...

:P
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Jabberwonky wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:Heh. I'm apparently less mature than I had previously though, what with the first images that came to mind. :mrgreen:
Dammit man. I'm waiting for someone else to bring this into the gutter before making my comment...

huh... i always thought that Barney was a GUY...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Saw a toy ad recently - a toy gun that fires pellets, that you first soak in water. Some kind of gel; they swell as they hydrate. you then load them into the shooter and blast away - like a cross between a paintball and a water pistol. As the news lady mentions, there is a similar product to put in flower vases.

How either got to the desert? :?:
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

NOTDilbert wrote:Saw a toy ad recently - a toy gun that fires pellets, that you first soak in water. Some kind of gel; they swell as they hydrate. you then load them into the shooter and blast away - like a cross between a paintball and a water pistol. As the news lady mentions, there is a similar product to put in flower vases.

How either got to the desert? :?:

Surely no one would be so needy as to put the deco balls in a spot in the desert and call the news to get on TV :shock: ..... Yes I am a sarcastic and cynical ass. :roll:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

We'll have to see if anyone claims credit for the prank. And this being the Internet, someone will, whether they are or not....
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

scantrontb wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:

huh... i always thought that Barney was a GUY...
Key word: WAS.

Ouch. Poor Barney. :(
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Barney was a dinosaur, I shot him cause he bugged me...

Carved his fluff til he said,"enough!"

Then left him in the desert!

I really hate that thing. It is the bane of all my years doing childcare. It is forbidden in any home I care in. If a child is obsessed with it, I generally do not have TV on an find more enlightening activities for them to engage in.

Which made for interesting when a friend showed me this movie...um, Death to Smoochy. You can guess I am sure to who millions of traumatised parents envisioned Smoochy to be...

Orbeez are great for bamboo plants. Finding them in a brick and mortar store when they break down in your glass and you need to add more is quite another vegetable...
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

DinkyInky wrote:Barney was a dinosaur, I shot him cause he bugged me. . .
"Barney is not a dinosaur. It is a hitherto unknown member of the Family Hominidae, which we name Pretendosaurus barneyi . . ."
The Taxonomy of Barney: Evidence of Convergence in Hominid Evolution by Edward C. Theriot
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

bmonk wrote:
"Barney is not a dinosaur. It is a hitherto unknown member of the Family Hominidae, which we name Pretendosaurus barneyi . . ."
The Taxonomy of Barney: Evidence of Convergence in Hominid Evolution by Edward C. Theriot
Some one was way too bored.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

bmonk wrote:
I was just filkin' around…yanno, the theme song justbegged fora re-write...

…comes from having a bunch of rennies for friends. They're very punny folks.

Not even for a 33 year old bottle of Glenmorangie will I read anything about that green and purple freak of unnature.

I once paid my brother a fortune to goto a shooting gallery with one of those and destroy it. Many people joined in on the carnage. There was only a cloud of fluff left. And the world rejoiced.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Sounds like you'd appreciate this, Dinky. ;)

"Everybody is after Barney; he is gonna get ZAPPED."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

MerchManDan wrote:Sounds like you'd appreciate this, Dinky. ;)

"Everybody is after Barney; he is gonna get ZAPPED."
MwahahahahahhaaAaaa! Even though it won't play on my tablet, my imagination makes this awesome.

--Safyr Drathmir