Never Left Their Sides 2012-09-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Never Left Their Sides 2012-09-06

Post by Dave »

OK, is there any way in which Nudge has not goaded Phix? She is really rubbing it in... a verbal flail woven from well-salted barbed wire dipped in acid.

Considering how angry Phix was/is, it seems certain Phix will follow Nudge out the window... out of the Library, off her own turf. That has to be part of the plan. Maybe they managed to arrange for a huge vat full of icewater for Phix to fall into, to cool her off and interrupt her fury? I can't imagine anything less than an atomic cannon stopping her, at this point.
NOTDilbert

Re: Never Left Their Sides 2012-09-06

Post by NOTDilbert »

Nudge: " The airship seems to be a bit late...."

Okay, that's really running flat out - up the inside wall of the turret - unless Library is adjusting local gravity for them.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

OK, Nudge is now outside the Library, losing its' protection. Phix will soon be outside (which will make the Library feel relieved, since there will be less damage to repair). Phix will then have the freedom to truly fly, giving her a distinct advantage.
I'm gonna hate tomorrow's cliffhanger!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Phix might be in a blind, dumb rage, but bóy.. is Nudge angry too.... She's going all-out. loyal to the bitter end.

Back to the jump outside. Yeah, it wouldn't be too hard to imagine a larger plan, where Shelley is waiting óutside, in her Titan-Sphinx shape. It could cool-down Phix in no uncertain manner... C 'mon, she's a Títan. Outside the library, she might be able to flatten Phix in óne blow. Phix prolly' knows that.

Interesting. A bit disconcerting though, since friday is scary close.. this is gonna be one héll of a weekend.

Amazing how a couple of scribbled lines, some text and some good thoughts can engage us....

PS: bibliothèki looks like something out of Skyrim.. I like it..
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
pinglederry

Post by pinglederry »

I find it interesting how Nudge looks so indistinct in that last panel, coupled with the "I never left their sides!" line. Maybe this Nudge is just a projection? Or it could be a stylistic choice and I could be grasping at straws. I guess we'll see.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Will the library actually let both librarians be outside it at the same time? I suspect it is quiet possible it won't. Phix tries to go out the window and is stopped, or the window disappears. Then Phix gets to stand there fuming while nudge makes tracks over the horizon.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Jay-Em wrote:PS: bibliothèki looks like something out of Skyrim.. I like it..
The Library may look like something from Skyrim, but Nudge flying through the air is straight out of Overgrowth.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Set the hook, let the fish run, then reel her in. Not a bad strategy with a trout or bass. A bit more risky with a giant cat bird type of fish.

I'll bet a gold Spanish dubloon for the pun jar that Shelly is waiting outside that window. ;)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

zachariah wrote:Will the library actually let both librarians be outside it at the same time? I suspect it is quiet possible it won't. Phix tries to go out the window and is stopped, or the window disappears. Then Phix gets to stand there fuming while nudge makes tracks over the horizon.
It let Phix leave, from time to time, when she was the only librarian.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Never left their side? Does this mean Tina was actually lurking around Wapsi Square area long before she showed up to open the shop? Or has some other character actually been Nudge all this time? It would explain a lot about Dietzel. Of course she would have to do a time share thing between demon and dog form. Doesn't seem likely to have been a human though since she had trouble assuming that form. Or is she somehow a part of Connie as well? Paul can be so darn cryptic. Grrrrrr. (Pay no attention to my growl. Coming from a 4-10, 85 pound girl, it's more comical than anything else).
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Jay-Em wrote:Interesting. A bit disconcerting though, since friday is scary close.. this is gonna be one héll of a weekend.
It looks like a literal cliffhanger this weekend...

(deposits a 100m coil of climbing rope and some pitons)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

This really is a full service library. That's a nice looking half-pipe in panel two...
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Jabberwonky wrote:
zachariah wrote:Will the library actually let both librarians be outside it at the same time? I suspect it is quiet possible it won't. Phix tries to go out the window and is stopped, or the window disappears. Then Phix gets to stand there fuming while nudge makes tracks over the horizon.
Yes but with two it may not. With a single librarian it allowed for short breaks. With two it can have someone there all the time. Part of the librarians job is to protect the place after all. So there is a good chance it will not let her leave.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:Never left their side? Does this mean Tina was actually lurking around Wapsi Square area long before she showed up to open the shop? Or has some other character actually been Nudge all this time? It would explain a lot about Dietzel. Of course she would have to do a time share thing between demon and dog form. Doesn't seem likely to have been a human though since she had trouble assuming that form. Or is she somehow a part of Connie as well? Paul can be so darn cryptic. Grrrrrr. (Pay no attention to my growl. Coming from a 4-10, 85 pound girl, it's more comical than anything else).
If I remember correctly Tina had been Jin's friend in previous time loops so yes she's been around. But remember, according to the demons this is the first time they've been in charge and Nudge is the one who got Shelly lost which so she could have her near death experience which was right before Tina's death. It was then that she took up residence in Tina's body with the demons.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Leak

Post by Leak »

Boy, I sure hope Nudge read up on transforming into a bird (of the non-flightless kind, or a plane) before taking that jump...
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

I think Nudge is counting on Phix snapping out of it and catching her in the air before she becomes a messy spot on the scenery.

The risk of course being that either Phix lets her go splat, or catches her for a nice in-flight snack.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

zachariah wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
Yes but with two it may not. With a single librarian it allowed for short breaks. With two it can have someone there all the time. Part of the librarians job is to protect the place after all. So there is a good chance it will not let her leave.
Then...then why did it let Phix blast Bia out the wall and Nudge bust up the stained glass window?

:?
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

pinglederry wrote:I find it interesting how Nudge looks so indistinct in that last panel, coupled with the "I never left their sides!" line. Maybe this Nudge is just a projection? Or it could be a stylistic choice and I could be grasping at straws. I guess we'll see.
Now... that is an interesting theory. Could a projection have made Phix bite her own tail?
ImageImage
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

chibichibi01 wrote:
pinglederry wrote:I find it interesting how Nudge looks so indistinct in that last panel, coupled with the "I never left their sides!" line. Maybe this Nudge is just a projection? Or it could be a stylistic choice and I could be grasping at straws. I guess we'll see.
Now... that is an interesting theory. Could a projection have made Phix bite her own tail?
YES... Tsillah. Remember her carrying the backpack, and the notebook for Shelly to autograph?

this would be a classic case of a Trickster using misdirection... when the real Nudge made Phix bite her own tail, and during the ensuing "pain-blackout" (where the pain is so great that you can't see, hear, feel, or most importantly here, can't SMELL ANYTHING else) that i'm sure Phix had while wincing from the pain, Nudge was hidden by Tsillah's shadow manipulation, and Tsillah herself, or at least her 3D Projection in our dimension, is the one running thru the halls being followed by Phix, and the reason she looks so indistinct right now... well, she's outside in the sun and the shadow she's made of is going away... thus, when Phix, in her blind rage jumps out after her, two things will happen: one: she'll look around for her on the ground unsuccessfully because she isn't even there anymore, and two: she'll be OUTSIDE the Library...

THAT'S when it's gonna get interesting, in the Chinese sense of the word...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
PlutoniumBoss

Post by PlutoniumBoss »

Somebody get Nudge some shades, because that jump was... Dangeresque.