What Next? 2015-08-31

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

What Next? 2015-08-31

Post by DilyV »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/what-next/

Not knowing where she's going... this won't turn out well...

If where she's at corresponds to the school, only in a sideways jump into another dimension, she might... but still... its not looking good...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Atomic

Re: What Next? 2015-08-31

Post by Atomic »

They're actors in Devyn's nightmare projection.

Ewwww.....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

It could be worse. So far there's nothing that indicates this is actually fatal, just scary as hell.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Paul himself stated they are only moving in their minds... I'm sure that bowel and bladder functions are trans-parallel...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote:They're actors in Devyn's nightmare projection.

Ewwww.....
Lead characters, minor characters, comic relief, or disposable spear carriers?

(Did they remember to pay their dues in the Screen Actors Guild?)
Gavote

Post by Gavote »

If she can quit teasing sharks, she's got the instincts to make her an excellent para-medic.

*tosses a fully stocked triage kit in the pun jar and saunters off towards the psychological fallout shelter*
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

I wonder if whoever is calling for help is a projection of Devyn's isolation, or if they're the last (surviving) dingbat to get stuck in there from the last time.

That is, of course, assuming it's not a trap.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
eee

Post by eee »

Not-Jordan has a surprising amount of courage and empathy, rushing to aid someone she doesn't know crying out for help. Or she doesn't have much in the way of survival instincts.

Her reactions here are rather interesting, though. When Jordan doesn't answer she doesn't waste time continuing to shout down the hole, she doesn't try the door to see if it leads to a way down to what's under the greenhouse, and she starts running without any apparent concern that the floor has shown an annoying tendency to open up and swallow people. If it were me I'd get over to the side where the floor is likely to be stronger. On the other hand, it is possible she has already figured out this is not reality and the normal rules don't apply. And she has to go through the scenario presented, no matter where it leads, before she can get out. If she can.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Apropos this sequence: Wes Craven just died.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

at lest they aren't wearing red shirts
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

It would be interesting if when she got to whoever was crying for help it was Jordan!
Vive la weird!
AnotherFairportfan

JSStryker wrote:It would be interesting if when she got to whoever was crying for help it was Jordan!
It's the last girl Devyn sent here, and she has to take her place until someone comes along to replace her...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

It will all be over when it's proved that building someone up is way better than tearing them down. And the girl chose to go help when Jordan wouldn't', that says a lot.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

DilyV wrote:http://wapsisquare.com/comic/what-next/

If where she's at corresponds to the school, only in a sideways jump into another dimension, she might... but still... its not looking good...
I am really hoping that answering the call for help is actually the way out of the nightmare.

All this darkness is what Devyn holds back/holds in so as not to affect others . . . makes me want to know more about her; how and why this is so. My best guess (which are often wrong) is that she was just born this way.
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

meisdadoo wrote:
DilyV wrote:http://wapsisquare.com/comic/what-next/

I am really hoping that answering the call for help is actually the way out of the nightmare.

All this darkness is what Devyn holds back/holds in so as not to affect others . . . makes me want to know more about her; how and why this is so. My best guess (which are often wrong) is that she was just born this way.
Seems like we haz another candidate for Monica counselling
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Atomic wrote:They're actors in Devyn's nightmare projection.
Which raises two questions in my mind:

First, just how much can Devyn actively control, or at least influence, this environment? Is Devyn actually in charge of the nature of this world, or is she just another participant in this place who happens to be better informed and is thus more capable in it?

Second, if it is something that Devyn can control, then what happens now that she has wandered off with Atsali? Does she still have a connection with it, or is it just running on some sort of autopilot at this point? Or is it now free to turn into its own thing, free of any outside interference and script?
illiad

Post by illiad »

well devyn said she has to "protect you every day from my magic world" - so all she does is relax, and let it 'occupy' their minds... :twisted:

she was there with them... until Atsali distracted her, at which point she 'disappeared' from Jordan & friend's 'minds eye'... someone shouted, she thought it was Jordan.. :P

I guess it is their paranoia :shock: that is 'powering' it...
captnq

Post by captnq »

Wait wait wait...

So you are saying, I lure this girl into Times Square, sneak up on her, squirt her with a water pistol full of DMSO4 and LSD, then run like Hell as all of Times Square starts drooling/begins peeling off their own skin because she can no longer hold "IT" back?
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Apropos this sequence: Wes Craven just died.
that's a bummer... now how long will it take before they start rebooting his films and diluting their impact with crap remakes since he isn't here anymore to say "no!"...?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
AnotherFairportfan

captnq wrote:Wait wait wait...

So you are saying, I lure this girl into Times Square, sneak up on her, squirt her with a water pistol full of DMSO4 and LSD, then run like Hell as all of Times Square starts drooling/begins peeling off their own skin because she can no longer hold "IT" back?
Ten square blocks in two minutes...