Stop Something Stupid 2015-06-26

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Cheesy1

Stop Something Stupid 2015-06-26

Post by Cheesy1 »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/stop-something-stupid/

She didn't argue the "girlfriend" assumption by Devyn! Just saying! :P
Opus the Poet

Re: Stop Something Stupid 2015-06-26

Post by Opus the Poet »

This title works on so many levels. :mrgreen:

Also, ninjaed by less than 60 seconds. :evil:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

And a Fortuitous Way Out suddenly appears --
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

Nice to see this not snowballing into another problem again. She really should apologise to Jessie too.
ImageImage
Thor

Post by Thor »

In the second panel, it should say "...my friends don't..."
Dave

Post by Dave »

"Scott to bridge! Captain, I'm getting a massive irruption of common sense and rationality down here, and the drama generators canna stand the strain... they're shutting down. The embarrassment drive can't get any traction at all. I tried injecting self-anger into the rumination chamber, but it dissipated in the honesty field. There's nothin' more I can do... I canna change the laws of discourse!"
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Atsali is pretty level headed once she knows there's a problem... She usually takes a pretty common sense approach to resolution. She IS maturing... I'm wondering if the inability to sense other's feelings, intent, and so forth is an ingrained racial trait or something that she's had to learn being in the orphanage. I'm pretty sure she had the trait when we first met her because she really didn't understand Kath's reactions to a lot of things. I'd really like to see her get things out in the open with everyone... except Nadette and Jessie. She owes both a more private apology and explanation.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Before everyone starts fanning themselves and waving their shipping flags just yet. I'm not sure how it is where you guys are, or Paul is, or even how it tends to be in our supernatural version of the Twin Cities. But a lot of the time I'll hear completely straight women refer to their other lady friends as girlfriends. I'm certain that isn't just a southern thing.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Akeche wrote:Before everyone starts fanning themselves and waving their shipping flags just yet. I'm not sure how it is where you guys are, or Paul is, or even how it tends to be in our supernatural version of the Twin Cities. But a lot of the time I'll hear completely straight women refer to their other lady friends as girlfriends. I'm certain that isn't just a southern thing.
I think the difference is who says it... If a girl is talking about someone else's lady friend, they seem to make the distinction between the two.. If a girl is talking about her friends, it normal to say 'girlfriends'.. BUT it has been know to 'mix it up' just to confuse the boys!!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by illiad on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Nadette seems perky...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

illiad wrote:
Akeche wrote:Before everyone starts fanning themselves and waving their shipping flags just yet. I'm not sure how it is where you guys are, or Paul is, or even how it tends to be in our supernatural version of the Twin Cities. But a lot of the time I'll hear completely straight women refer to their other lady friends as girlfriends. I'm certain that isn't just a southern thing.
I think the difference is who says it... If a girl is talking about someone else's lady friend, they seem to make the distinction between the two.. If a girl is talking about her friends, it normal to say 'girlfriends'.. BUT it has been know to 'mix it up' just to confuse the boys!!! :mrgreen:
Never noticed that honestly, it's tossed around regardless of who uses it. Least that's where I live of course.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Akeche: as I said.. girls like confusing people... :) :P

only one rule- once you start getting a clue about their 'rules' they change them all.. :roll:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

(Munches on a Phix cookie)

"Guess I'm going to have to update the Relationship Chart again..."

;)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

jwhouk wrote:(Munches on a Phix cookie)

"Guess I'm going to have to update the Relationship Chart again..."

;)
yep, you're gonna have to add at least Devyn, but more than likely the other three as well... i'd wait a few days though before doing it, that way you can find out if the relationship line for Jesse needs to be changed to "antagonistic" again as well.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I have the lines dotted right now... :D

"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I wonder if Sali realizes that Nadette is actually nude? After all they usually only morph their clothes, cheaper that way. Also to ursa morphs there is no such thing as nudity as they always have fur. To them morphing coverings like a swim suit is just to look the same to other people who have that silly nudity convention.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

*Sees first panel*
...I feel a disturbance in the force... As though thousands of shippers cried out in joy...
*Reads second panel*
...and were suddenly silenced by UST.
*Reads third panel*
Teenage girls using logic? In a social situation amongst themselves? To AVOID drama?
Whaaaaat?
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

UST?

Edit: Oh. Unresolved Sexual Tension.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Girls can and do have other girls for just friends. Everyone knows that in the female relationship miasma, the phrase girlfriend has a dual meaning. Girlfriend and girlfriend. One purely platonic, the other something more (sometimes in orders of magnitude).

That having been said, we know that Atsali is often stand-offish when it comes to other people. It has been alluded to that everyone Atsali has felt an attachment to or had a friendship with has met with pain and heartache for Atsali. At this point, we don't know the attachment between the horned girl and Atsali but we know there was a closeness between them for Atsali to be so torn up over her hanging herself. We're sure that Nadette has a thing for Atsali, but not really sure how Atsali feels about it other than pushing Nadette away to avoid being hurt. This seems to me to be a defense mechanism that has been so ingrained into Atsali to stop her from being hurt that it's possible that it's not so much that as a siren Atsali can't read others, as it is this defense mechanism kicking in and shutting her down. This is kind of obvious when Atsali becomes aware that she's hurt someone by her cold, logical actions... she all of the sudden does feel badly that's she's hurt someone and seemingly over reacts to make amends...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

DilyV wrote:
Girls can and do have other girls for just friends. Everyone knows that in the female relationship miasma, the phrase girlfriend has a dual meaning. Girlfriend and girlfriend. One purely platonic, the other something more (sometimes in orders of magnitude).

That having been said, we know that Atsali is often stand-offish when it comes to other people. It has been alluded to that everyone Atsali has felt an attachment to or had a friendship with has met with pain and heartache for Atsali. At this point, we don't know the attachment between the horned girl and Atsali but we know there was a closeness between them for Atsali to be so torn up over her hanging herself. We're sure that Nadette has a thing for Atsali, but not really sure how Atsali feels about it other than pushing Nadette away to avoid being hurt. This seems to me to be a defense mechanism that has been so ingrained into Atsali to stop her from being hurt that it's possible that it's not so much that as a siren Atsali can't read others, as it is this defense mechanism kicking in and shutting her down. This is kind of obvious when Atsali becomes aware that she's hurt someone by her cold, logical actions... she all of the sudden does feel badly that's she's hurt someone and seemingly over reacts to make amends...
Her relationship might have been similar to her stewardship to Castela, she was "assigned" to keep an eye on Nerdy-Birdy, who in turn watched over Pickle. Remember her outburst after her Adventure with Katherine. We aren't yet privy to the circumstances of the suicide, but we do understand the impact it had. Even Castela is slowly comprehending the tragedy it was, if not what exactly what it was.

Atsali still has to properly explain her processing problem to 'Dette, which would also clue us in more on what happened after "Atsali's Big Adventure II: Do You Want To Build An Explosion?" When we saw Cub crying.