I made a YouTube video!

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

I made a YouTube video!

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Re: I made a YouTube video!

Post by Dave »

Very nice... tasty selection of images. That last, misty one was particularly evocative.
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:Very nice... tasty selection of images. That last, misty one was particularly evocative.
That's Vicksburg, 1936

I messed up a little - i've got to remaster the whole thing; i used the wrong picture of an oil rig in a storm. It's not even a Gulf rig, obviously.

This is the one i meant to use - nicely dramatic, too:

It's one of my favourite Cowboy Mouth songs - i don't know if i can claim to be friends with the guys, but we're on first-name terms - and i searched YouTube for it earlier today, and was mazed there wasn't any version of it.

I wish i could go take pics in NOLa to to a video for Paul's "At the Foot of Canal Street" (There's a cemetery there...), which Paul co-wrote with John Boutte (who did the theme for the series "Treme" - and they used his version of "Foot" in the show, too).
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I messed up a little - i've got to remaster the whole thing; i used the wrong picture of an oil rig in a storm. It's not even a Gulf rig, obviously.

just to make sure... that pic isn't an oil rig either... it is a main deck view of a super tanker (viewed from the bridge most likely). you can tell by the pointed end dead center on the pic, and to the right and left of it, you see the steel bulwarks of the bow... to get some good pics, google "gulf coast oil rig pictures" though you may have to search some more to find ones in a storm, most of those pics are either in clear weather, or show the rigs exploding...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
AnotherFairportfan

scantrontb wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:I messed up a little - i've got to remaster the whole thing; i used the wrong picture of an oil rig in a storm. It's not even a Gulf rig, obviously.

just to make sure... that pic isn't an oil rig either... it is a main deck view of a super tanker (viewed from the bridge most likely). you can tell by the pointed end dead center on the pic, and to the right and left of it, you see the steel bulwarks of the bow... to get some good pics, google "gulf coast oil rig pictures" though you may have to search some more to find ones in a storm, most of those pics are either in clear weather, or show the rigs exploding...
Oh, well.

I found that by googling exactly that and i didn't look too close...

Other than that, whatcha think?