Not Gonna 2014-03-05

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Not Gonna 2014-03-05

Post by Dave »

That's probably wise.

Connie's attitude doesn't seem much like "reasoned determination" to me. This young elemental is seriously pissed off.

I do think she's remembered something.
pcj70

Re: Not Gonna 2014-03-05

Post by pcj70 »

I think you are right, ouch!
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

It's good to know your purpose in the universe.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Holy CraponaCracker! Now THATS Creepy Girl. :shock: ....and a half.
Looks like Connies been eatin' her Spinach. :lol:
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Connie is emitting a strong zombie vibe in that last panel.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Remember. Connie, being derived from Shelly, is at least part sphinx.

What we're seeing here is the aspect of her that scared the poo out of the apos.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Looks like Connies been eatin' her Spinach. :lol:
And yet she's all skin and bones.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

I'm getting a little worried about Connie. Look at how her body is distorting in the last panel, particularly the arms. Something may be coming loose in her integration, or she is becoming overpowered by her rage demon.

And Connie isn't looking at Bia hit the sand when she gave that snort, it is likely that Connie has issues with someone else there. Who that is and why will be interesting, as will who and how steps in to stop Connie's rampage.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote:Connie is emitting a strong zombie vibe in that last panel.
I'm sorta flashing on one of the scarier bits of "Lord of the Rings" here... zombies with power and real malice.

Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye.

Connie isn't a Ringwraith (as far as we know), but for all we can tell, she might be able to pull it off if she were annoyed enough.

We don't know how deep the "boiler room" goes. I doubt Bia would like it there.
My2Cents wrote:I'm getting a little worried about Connie. Look at how her body is distorting in the last panel, particularly the arms. Something may be coming loose in her integration, or she is becoming overpowered by her rage demon.
We've seen Connie shape-morph before... even from the very first time she introduced herself to Shelly. She can and does shape-change from "normal" to a very ghoulish form, depending on her mood.

It's just part of her nature. She reminded Shelly that being in a room with her (Connie) would make a lot of strong men soil their pants. She is the Creepy Little Girl, after all!

Paul did a beautiful drawing a year or three ago, as an artist's demo for a macquette of Connie he was hoping to have sculpted. It shows two of her, standing back to back, holding hands... one a fairly normal (albeit grim) little girl holding a ball-toss toy, the other leprous and oozing-hollow-eye-socketed and tattered. (Darn, my Wapsi-fu isn't up to finding it in the strip archives tonight... I'm not sure Paul even ever posted it as a daily so it may not be there. I have the original here, but you can't see it through the text :-( )

I'm sure she'll pull herself together presently. She'll probably even remember to pick up the bits she dropped. ;)
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

My2Cents wrote:I'm getting a little worried about Connie. Look at how her body is distorting in the last panel, particularly the arms. Something may be coming loose in her integration, or she is becoming overpowered by her rage demon.
Definitely showing more of the non-human side of herself.

I keep imagining an unarmed Bobby stumbling upon the scene and saying "what's all this, then?"
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

No - FIRST he has to say "'Ello 'ello 'ello".

THEN he says "Wossall this then?"
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
illiad

Post by illiad »

:o :shock: :o if you see her lookin' at you....R U N !!!!!
Last edited by illiad on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

So... in a landing like that, who gets the points? Bia, or Connie? I'd say if Connie gets the points, that's a 10.0... if bia gets the points, epic Fail!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:So... in a landing like that, who gets the points? Bia, or Connie? I'd say if Connie gets the points, that's a 10.0... if bia gets the points, epic Fail!!
The Russian judges vote only 9.5, since Bia didn't come down in the glass-lined sand pit that Bud had excavated. Connie's aim during the left-fisted lift was just a trifle "off".
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Alllllll-righty then. Connie has ceased being cute. She may be looking at Nudge now, thinking about some payback for that hairdo she gave her a while back. More likely though she's just snarling at the others as a sign not to interfere if they know what's good for them. I think we have also seen beyond much doubt that Bia does not have her usual titan power currently.

I always thought the sphinxes were afraid of Connie just because of a technical issue with them being unable to categorize her properly, but now I wonder if she could hold her own against one as well. Shelly may not be kidding when she says she isn't getting between Connie and Bia. Still, Shelly did deeply love her mother at one time. Bia must have been a good, kind and loving mother despite her intentions. Seems like Shelly would have some feelings still for her. Of course she probably also knows Bia can't be killed and isn't too concerned about that. A sphinx who tries to interfere, however, may become instant sushi/fish bait. Bud might be the only one who could restrain Connie. Not that the island would survive the attempt.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Well, people were speculating if Castela is related to Bia as well. Cassie is some kind of plant. Now we know Bia is too. She's a face plant.
*drops some Miracle-Gro into the pun jar*
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Connie is taking on a certain skeletal appearance, and we do know of at least one other skeletal being related to Bia. But I will make no further assumptions.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

SHORYUKEN!!!!
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Okay, I am always wrong, but I do not think Bia is down and out. I still maintain that she is the embodiment of Power and as such, even in child form, she can come back at Connie. If she does, will Shelly be so blase'? And what will happen to the island? It is possible that one reason Pallas sent Bia there is to learn humility and this is a test, in which case, I thinkthis will be a battle for Bia. Does she fight back - as is her nature - or yield - which might be demeaning for a Titan?
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
eee

Post by eee »

And Connie isn't looking at Bia hit the sand when she gave that snort, it is likely that Connie has issues with someone else there. Who that is and why will be interesting, as will who and how steps in to stop Connie's rampage.
She MIGHT be snarling at Tina. Tina doesn't have the issues with Bia that most of the others there do, and she might have been going to intervene to stop Connie from beating on what she sees as a child. Or, since Connie is part demon, and Tina has shown a willingness to enforce the rules of demonic behavior, she might have made the mistake of suggesting Connie rein it in. Which at this point, wold probably not be wise...
davids4250 wrote:Okay, I am always wrong, but I do not think Bia is down and out. I still maintain that she is the embodiment of Power and as such, even in child form, she can come back at Connie. If she does, will Shelly be so blase'? And what will happen to the island? It is possible that one reason Pallas sent Bia there is to learn humility and this is a test, in which case, I thinkthis will be a battle for Bia. Does she fight back - as is her nature - or yield - which might be demeaning for a Titan?
Two problems with Bia fighting back. First, Connie is something new - a fusion of human and demon - and where she ranks on the power scale is uncertain. Particularly right now, when she's in a full blown rage ("Conscience SMASH!!"). Going after her might get Bia more of the same or worse. Second, as noted, Bia's been sent there to try to make contact with all the people she's hurt and angered, and maybe start the forgiveness process. Becoming aggressive will just enrage people further. She might not want to do that.

Besides, she may need some time to recover from this whuppin'. Taking two blasts from a Chimera is one thing; Being punched in the jaw - twice, one of them so hard it lifts you several feet up in the air - is another.