One of my favorite things about Texas...

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Jabberwonky

One of my favorite things about Texas...

Post by Jabberwonky »

That's shared from Arizona all the way over to Georgia and Florida...

I've tried to describe the Whataburger experience to people who haven't been there and you just can't. I always stopped at one on the way home from the Airport when I'd come home for RnR...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
NOTDilbert

Re: One of my favorite things about Texas...

Post by NOTDilbert »

Haven't had one in years....yummy things....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Dave

Post by Dave »

Wow. The #9 reason ("You can have as many patties as you want") ought to have a coda: "Once."

Having that much animal-based saturated fat in a single seating could drop a guy before he gets out the door. Sorta like fettuccine Alfredo - "heart attack on a plate".

Considering the comparison vs. In & Out Burger - the latter seems to always over-salt their burger patties. Does Whataburger make the same mistake?
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

They're pretty decent for a fast-food place. And their serving sizes are made for actual real people, not for hummingbirds the way some places seem to be (it always seems to cause confusion to the people taking my order at places such as McDonald's when I order a Big Mac meal plus three more Big Macs and assorted sides; I'm not sure why that is, but it's annoying).
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Ughh. I had Whataburger for dinner yesterday. Spent the whole night and some of today experiencing severely unpleasant bodily functions and had to call into work sick. There were a couple of times I literally was barely able to curl up in a ball before passing out on the batroom floor. Image
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:Ughh. I had Whataburger for dinner yesterday. Spent the whole night and some of today experiencing severely unpleasant bodily functions and had to call into work sick. There were a couple of times I literally was barely able to curl up in a ball before passing out on the batroom floor. Image
Ooogh... sorry to hear it.

You're sure it wasn't the Australian table wine that was at fault?
shadowinthelight

Well, I just said hello to Mr. Ralph for the second time since the last post. Not very fun when you can feel that you are dehydrated and sleep deprived but can't even keep down some Pedialyte.

jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Might be time to head to the ER. There's a point where you get too dehydrated (as I found out on Christmas Day last year).
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yeah, that sounds pretty dire. If you've been vomiting and unable to keep fluids down for almost 24 hours, calling in the Big Guns might be wise. It might be something more serious than simple "spoiled food" poisoning. Going into shock would not be good!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

I agree with the rest, that sounds like you need professional help.
There's a stomach virus going around San Antone right now, I'm being watchful because one of my housemates has come down with a mild case of it.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Dave wrote:Considering the comparison vs. In & Out Burger - the latter seems to always over-salt their burger patties. Does Whataburger make the same mistake?
I don't know about over-salting, but I definitely prefer Whataburger to In & Out. I only go to In & Out for their animal fries. I go to Whataburger for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner and I'll order almost anything on the menu. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
shadowinthelight

Thanks for the concern, guys, but I think I'm getting better now. I had 1/3rd of a banana and some sugar free sports drink earlier and it seems to be staying in place. Trying some plain toast now. Unfortunately not my first time with food poisoning so I know you can't do much more then tough it out. Last couple of times were sea food though.

I also prefer Whataburger over In & Out. The burgers are alright but their fries taste wierd to me.

shadowinthelight

One of my favorite things abou Texas... is yesterday I could wear a short sleeve shirt and today it is 20°F outside with ice falling. :|

Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:One of my favorite things abou Texas... is yesterday I could wear a short sleeve shirt and today it is 20°F outside with ice falling. :|
Is there a causal relationship there? :) Every time my wife gets out her sweaters, we seem to have a heat wave...
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:One of my favorite things abou Texas... is yesterday I could wear a short sleeve shirt and today it is 20°F outside with ice falling. :|
Is there a causal relationship there? :) Every time my wife gets out her sweaters, we seem to have a heat wave...
He was wearing a short sleeve shirt, must have fairly casual...
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Dave wrote:
Can we get your wife to get out her sweaters, please?
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Dave

Post by Dave »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Dave wrote:
Can we get your wife to get out her sweaters, please?
Oh, but if she got them out because you wanted a warm spell, something much worse would probably happen. A blizzard of ice-stalactite skewers, a rain of frogs, a plague of lighthouse keepers... something like that.

For reasons best known to those-who-cannot-be-named, her powers as a weather goddess only work in a chaotic fashion.

I've have helped her set up her own weather-control business years ago, if it were otherwise.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Have the decay of a radioisotope set off some automation that will release her sweaters in a sealed compartment, the inside of which we cannot observe in any fashion.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:Have the decay of a radioisotope set off some automation that will release her sweaters in a sealed compartment, the inside of which we cannot observe in any fashion.
Do you really want to trigger a forty-day-and-forty-night downpour of half-alive, half-dead cats?? :(
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dave wrote:Do you really want to trigger a forty-day-and-forty-night downpour of half-alive, half-dead cats?? :(
Ummm. . .I most certainly never would not want to not avoid never not doing such a thing.