Evening Agenda 2014-02-05

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Evening Agenda 2014-02-05

Post by shadowinthelight »

I sense... a great disturbance in the force.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Re: Evening Agenda 2014-02-05

Post by Dave »

A "stake" dinner? That would suggest that Phix and Shelly were eating vampires... and I thought Phix had sworn off?

Possibly "steak"?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

shadowinthelight wrote:I sense... a great disturbance in the force.
Well, definitely a great disturbance in the Tina.

===========

Hate to be picky, but there's ... something ... about Phix's lower legs that's just ... off.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
shadowinthelight

Fairportfan wrote:Hate to be picky, but there's ... something ... about Phix's lower legs that's just ... off.
Huge right calf is huge.

NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Dave wrote:A "stake" dinner? That would suggest that Phix and Shelly were eating vampires... and I thought Phix had sworn off?

Possibly "steak"?
It's been Phixxed.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Hate to be picky, but there's ... something ... about Phix's lower legs that's just ... off.
Huge right calf is huge.
Considering she normally has the leg musculature of a pouncing cat, muscular shapely legs are....what was I saying?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Huge right calf is huge.
Maybe they were having Veal instead of Steak?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Based on Phix's arrival in today's strip, and on Bud's arrival when the Library redirected her to Mapimi, I think we can conclude that vorp is almost certainly the sound of the Library's teleportation system (akin to poiting and to the Anasazi stargate).

I wonder whether this means that the large-group arrival-and-departure lawn outside the main Library building is a vorp-all sward?
NOTDilbert wrote:
Dave wrote:A "stake" dinner? That would suggest that Phix and Shelly were eating vampires... and I thought Phix had sworn off?
Possibly "steak"?
It's been Phixxed.
Excellent. There was enough confusion about Shelly Steak Sauce. Don't really need more.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Phix has unusual taste in swimwear. I haven't seen a high-waisted bottom like that since I was a young boy, and I'm old enough to remember what I was doing when JFK was shot.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Cue the Phix-inspired nosebleeds in 5...4...3...2...1 :twisted:
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

:twisted: (Evil laugh)

Oh, this is gonna be good... Everyone, get your gamma-shielding goggles on and get in your bunkers, I'm forecasting a high probability of several immortal beings duking it out. Or at least a verbal crossfire of epic proportions.

Monica, Shelly, Phix, and possibly everyone else who has a beef with Bia or is a friend of Tina, Shelly, or Monica... Many of whom are immortal and/or immensely powerful...

And Bia, the Ancient Greek Titanic personification of Force itself.

Hopefully, this will go down somewhere other than Earth... Because it just might be intense enough to put a hole in North America visible from the Moon. Or perhaps crack the Earth in two. And that's assuming everyone holds back. If this turns into a no-rules brawl, it will probably rip the fabric of reality a new black hole.

Ooh! What if Epimetheus/Occifer Tight Buns/(Mr. I can't be bothered to look up his modern name right now) gets involved? He's a Titan. Titan on Titan would be even more potentially catastrophic.

(Yes, I spelled officer that way on purpose)
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote:Phix has unusual taste in swimwear. I haven't seen a high-waisted bottom like that since I was a young boy, and I'm old enough to remember what I was doing when JFK was shot.
Just imagine the magnitude of the "stuff in the closet that I haven't worn in years" problems which would be faced by a sphinx having a livespan measured in tens of thousands of years.

Based on what we've seen of the Library, she's probably got room for lots of closets. Room enough to let any particular fashion go out of fashion, and come back in as "retro", be forgotten again, be reinvented a few decades down the line... repeat as many times as you like. Phix probably has swimsuits from every era in the combined histories of 27 CM time loops, with a few from particularly-famous Lanthian designers tucked back in a corner behind the steel-spring bustle.
shadowinthelight

GlytchMeister wrote:Oh, this is gonna be good... Everyone, get your gamma-shielding goggles on and get in your bunkers, I'm forecasting a high probability of several immortal beings duking it out. Or at least a verbal crossfire of epic proportions.
And most importantly, it all goes down in bathing suits. Image

MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Opus the Poet wrote:Phix has unusual taste in swimwear. I haven't seen a high-waisted bottom like that since I was a young boy, and I'm old enough to remember what I was doing when JFK was shot.
Tim Allen calls them "amples." Because if there are "briefs," then the natural opposite would be "amples," right? ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Dave wrote:Based on Phix's arrival in today's strip, and on Bud's arrival when the Library redirected her to Mapimi, I think we can conclude that vorp is almost certainly the sound of the Library's teleportation system (akin to poiting and to the Anasazi stargate).

I wonder whether this means that the large-group arrival-and-departure lawn outside the main Library building is a vorp-all sward?
A) <dignified silence with a touch of lofty disdain>

B) I was wondering how Shelly would be arriving on her own, since i don't think it's been established that she can poit herself, even now.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Fairportfan wrote:
Dave wrote:Based on Phix's arrival in today's strip, and on Bud's arrival when the Library redirected her to Mapimi, I think we can conclude that vorp is almost certainly the sound of the Library's teleportation system (akin to poiting and to the Anasazi stargate).

A) <dignified silence with a touch of lofty disdain>
Indeed; let's not lose our heads over such punnery.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Fairportfan wrote:B) I was wondering how Shelly would be arriving on her own, since i don't think it's been established that she can poit herself, even now.
Good question. I was about to suggest the Library could vorp her, but if so, why would Nudge need a soccer mom?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Sidhekin wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:B) I was wondering how Shelly would be arriving on her own, since i don't think it's been established that she can poit herself, even now.
Good question. I was about to suggest the Library could vorp her, but if so, why would Nudge need a soccer mom?
Maybe Nudge wasn't at the Library that time - or she has since figured it out; she got the human look down pretty good after a while....
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Oh no - I just realized Monica has doomed them all. DOOMED I TELL YOU! DOOMED!!! She told Tina:" You have nothing to worry about." DOOOOoooomed!
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

So grandmother and granddaughter indulge their primitive instincts from time to time. I wonder what Shelly's dad would think of that sort of behavior? (when the hell are we gonna hear from him about all this) I'm not too sure even Justin would be ok with it. I guess it's an outlet for those tendencies though. Probably also saves a number of Library Apos from the swift and certain fist of instant and bloody doom. Especially now with two powerful sphinxes. They would make a formidable team against any of the would-be Apo-snacks roaming the vast halls of books. Apo-tartar doesn't sound too appealing, but I'll bet it's filling.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap