The Neighborhood is Watching

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Jabberwonky

The Neighborhood is Watching

Post by Jabberwonky »

"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Atomic

Re: The Neighborhood is Watching

Post by Atomic »

As usual, there's a ton of information left out of the story. And I like the stereotypical use of passerby authority to propose validation: The comment about satanic etc. was not from someone in the "group of community leaders." but some bystander, whose attachments are not specified, and presumes to speak for the groups motivations. They might as well have asked the town drunk what he thought of the event. Actually ask the people who were doing the paint-over? Nah -- that wouldn't be news, would it? Lazy reporting.

And the project may or may not have been fully authorized by the usual goat-rope collective of city approval authorities. No story there, either. "Too Many Fingers In The Pie" stories are complicated and confuse the readers. Ho hum.

So "Artist Paints Mural, Neighborhood Rejects It" is the story. "But why, oh why?" moans the lone voice in the wilderness. Film at eleven.

Not critiquing the art, or the response, just disgusted at horrible reporting.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Leak

Post by Leak »

They should have made that a reverse graffiti - even if the people didn't like the art they still couldn't have denied the fact that the wall was really, really dirty to begin with... :)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

It was uggglllyyyyy...

I hadn't heard about this one.

Not surprised, though.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Atomic wrote:As usual, there's a ton of information left out of the story. And I like the stereotypical use of passerby authority to propose validation: The comment about satanic etc. was not from someone in the "group of community leaders." but some bystander, whose attachments are not specified, and presumes to speak for the groups motivations. They might as well have asked the town drunk what he thought of the event. Actually ask the people who were doing the paint-over? Nah -- that wouldn't be news, would it? Lazy reporting.

And the project may or may not have been fully authorized by the usual goat-rope collective of city approval authorities. No story there, either. "Too Many Fingers In The Pie" stories are complicated and confuse the readers. Ho hum.

So "Artist Paints Mural, Neighborhood Rejects It" is the story. "But why, oh why?" moans the lone voice in the wilderness. Film at eleven.

Not critiquing the art, or the response, just disgusted at horrible reporting.
This type of shoddy reporting is what I have come to expect over the past decade. There was once a time when a reporter had to have all of the facts in triplicate with back up proof. But now it is tabloid style crap in place of information. I am not surprised at all by this.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Julie

Post by Julie »

I'm just amused that they had "Wolunteers" helping to uncover the defaced mural. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Julie wrote:I'm just amused that they had "Wolunteers" helping to uncover the defaced mural. :)
Of course they did...they needed the Wolunteers after they had all that Wodka.

Jaki? JA jestem połowa Język polski, JA jestem dopuszczane... :P
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir