Call me Cassi 2016-05-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
illiad

Re: Call me Cassi 2016-05-30

Post by illiad »

TazManiac wrote:
jwhouk wrote:You have to wonder if Atsali "made it" through the first 56 iterations of the calendar machine reset.
The end of last week, I was on a similar track; around the idea that not just Shelly and Monica, etc got shuffled around but Eeeeeevvvvrybody got jumbled up, every time the 'Clock' reset...

(If you haven't watched 'Dark City' before, it's not too late...)
***spoiler alert for above link!!!:) If you have not seen dark city yet, it is well worth it, Its 'not really' Sci-fi, for those that dont like that... its more a 'scary house' mystery... :)

and as for 'Calendar reset' How do we know that 'comic time' for atsali is NOT years after that???
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

illiad wrote:and as for 'Calendar reset' How do we know that 'comic time' for atsali is NOT years after that???
because she's interacting with "Aunt Monica" and "Aunt Jin" in the present tense... therefore all this happened about 13-15 years ago... therefore before the reset happened in 2012... until this iteration when it was stopped...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Given that 'Sali was 15 when we first met her in 2013, and that she's roughly five/six or so when we're seeing her here, this incident happened right around 2003/2004.

That was roughly the time that we learned that Monica could speak Glyph language (back here).
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
illiad

Post by illiad »

do remember that 'comic time' is NOTHING like real time!!! A week of RL may have passed, but 'comic time' will only be a few minutes or less...

Aside from indicating 'holidays' there could be weeks or months in between RL days...
that whole sequence from feb 13 to march 5th took about 3 weeks! (comic time = about 10 minutes! though there may have been a hour or two finishing with wedding photos, and getting to the bar with a black thumb!...:) )
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Dude, we know.

I think Joe has a pretty good handle on how time works in this situation and the chronology of the comic.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

What I'm suggesting here is that at this point the GG's hadn't even entered the picture. The whole story arc was back when Monica was still trying to ignore the paranormal.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

jwhouk wrote: . . . back when Monica was still trying to ignore the paranormal.
Wolf-who-watches wrote:That never works.
One notes that. :roll:

--FreeFlier
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

"I can't see you, you can't see me" is not a reliable defense strategy.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

GlytchMeister wrote:"I can't see you, you can't see me" is not a reliable defense strategy.
Monica's response: "YES! And it drives me CRAZY!"
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

illiad wrote:
TazManiac wrote:
jwhouk wrote:You have to wonder if Atsali "made it" through the first 56 iterations of the calendar machine reset.
The end of last week, I was on a similar track; around the idea that not just Shelly and Monica, etc got shuffled around but Eeeeeevvvvrybody got jumbled up, every time the 'Clock' reset...

(If you haven't watched 'Dark City' before, it's not too late...)
***spoiler alert for above link!!!:) If you have not seen dark city yet, it is well worth it, Its 'not really' Sci-fi, for those that dont like that... its more a 'scary house' mystery... :)
If you haven't seen Dark City, hit mute until about 2:45 into it, when the title fades and the camera moves through a circular window. There is an awful spoilery narration. It is a lot more fun without it...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
illiad

Post by illiad »

hmm, I dont remember much of the intro, I'll have to dig out the dvd.... :P