In The Cross Hairs 2016-04-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
oldmanmickey

Re: In The Cross Hairs 2016-04-07

Post by oldmanmickey »

maybe someone swapped out her basil for catnip?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
CPUGuy1

Post by CPUGuy1 »

I don't think anyone is listening to Phix :( ...maybe like she is in another Dimension? ;) Or are they just not letting what she is saying let it bother their CosPlay. :D
So I say, HEY, PHIX :?: ... If You Can't Stop Them :? ... JOIN IN!!! :lol:

I would!!!
Is The Earth On A Diet?
With just one million people losing weight,
so after each one had lost 'one pound' ...
will the earth weigh 1,000,000 pounds less?
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Yeah, seems like a dream Phix is having. Losing control of the Library would be one of her worst nightmares, even if it is funny. Could also be something being created by Tsillah. She can make entire recreations of environments. Then there is Connie. She seems to be able to conjure things out of nothing, like the bell when Shelly was beating up on Nudge.

All in all, though, things keeps changing like in a dream.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Gyrrakavian wrote:On the off chance it's not a dream, it's some sort of trickster(s) screwing with Phix. Fae, tanuki, mujina, kitsune, or Coyote, or some combination thereof are all likely culprits and working in cahoots with Shelly, Connie, and Pickle. In the event it's not a dream, anyways.

Who knows, maybe Raven has gotten involved.
Two of those (Coyote and Raven) are actually Nudge in the Wapsiverse. Fae are not normally allowed in the library IIRC (Cricket was an exception because she was summoned to the Library). The rest are unknowns in the Wapsiverse as far as I know. They may exist there, they probably exist there, but we haven't had contact with them that I can remember. If we have it has been a brief glimpse in the background or a single-panel encounter.

I think it was an extra-large pepperoni pizza before falling asleep in front of a 3 stooges marathon. :mrgreen:
Double-duty, eh?
Well, then we know she might have also been Little Hare (Ho-Chunk Trickster Coyote) and Isily (Caddo Trickster Coyote). Though, being that they both have separate unique names, they could also be completely different individuals in the Wapsi-verse. Being that spiders are more Kath's domain, I think we can rule out Nudge being Iktomi.

What I'm wondering is if Nudge was or helped any of the trickster heroes. Such as Bluejay, Chahnameed, Glooskap, etc. Or if she was any of the trickster gods; Napi, Shioku, and Skeleton Man.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Gyrrakavian wrote: Double-duty, eh?
Well, then we know she might have also been Little Hare (Ho-Chunk Trickster Coyote) and Isily (Caddo Trickster Coyote). Though, being that they both have separate unique names, they could also be completely different individuals in the Wapsi-verse. Being that spiders are more Kath's domain, I think we can rule out Nudge being Iktomi.

What I'm wondering is if Nudge was or helped any of the trickster heroes. Such as Bluejay, Chahnameed, Glooskap, etc. Or if she was any of the trickster gods; Napi, Shioku, and Skeleton Man.

She is a Pan- she could also be 'Robin Goodfellow' (Puck), who's gender is never clearly defined...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

Such wonderful madness.
I enjoy this very much.
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Two of those (Coyote and Raven) are actually Nudge in the Wapsiverse.
Double-duty, eh?

If I recall correctly, some mythology had Coyote marrying a woman who could change into a bear. . .
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Catawampus wrote:
Gyrrakavian wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Two of those (Coyote and Raven) are actually Nudge in the Wapsiverse.
Double-duty, eh?

If I recall correctly, some mythology had Coyote marrying a woman who could change into a bear. . .
....Oddly enough, sounds right.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Gyrrakavian wrote:Double-duty, eh?

Catawampus wrote:If I recall correctly, some mythology had Coyote marrying a woman who could change into a bear. . .
Gyrrakavian wrote:....Oddly enough, sounds right.
I thought most women could do that . . .

Or did you mean physically turn into a bear?

/flrrd/

--FreeFlier
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

The trope ain't called Mama Bear fer nothin'.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

GlytchMeister wrote:The trope ain't called Mama Bear fer nothin'.
A.k.a. "An Em-bear-assment of Richards". It's an object lesson for men... I'm sure you can guess what the catch-phrase is.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Is that balloon a case of "This space intentionally left blank"?

Heh, every time Paul types some text in there, I keep deleting it....

(PS- It's Friday afternoon and I thought I had sent this Wed.)