A Non-Spoiler review on how the new Star Wars feels....

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

GlytchMeister

Re: A Non-Spoiler review on how the new Star Wars feels....

Post by GlytchMeister »

Oh snap. I hope you're quick, Shneekey, she bites.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:Oh snap. I hope you're quick, Shneekey, she bites.
I do not. Quichon bites, I have a death touch. Unless you mean biting rhetoric, then I suppose, but only when provoked. :twisted:
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

DinkyInky wrote:
I do not. Quichon bites, I have a death touch. Unless you mean biting rhetoric, then I suppose, but only when provoked. :twisted:
More along the lines of "this one is dangerous, watch out."
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:
More along the lines of "this one is dangerous, watch out."
:P meep meep!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Post by Dave »

DinkyInky wrote:Damnit Shneekey! Hey monk, you get exactly four paces head start, go!
Considering who you're hanging around with here, Googling "washable keyboard" might not be a bad idea. Some of them are even dishwasher-safe.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Dave wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Damnit Shneekey! Hey monk, you get exactly four paces head start, go!
Considering who you're hanging around with here, Googling "washable keyboard" might not be a bad idea. Some of them are even dishwasher-safe.
I was wondering about that myself. The forum does seem to be a wretched hive of punsters and comedy.

She might have better luck with one of those laser-projected keyboards.
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Dave wrote:
non compatible with the Kindle Fire hdx.

My keyboard cover is for my presently non working laptop. Doesnt fit.

--Safyr Drathmir
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

DinkyInky wrote:The crap thing is I used to make 3d art, and short 3d animation clips. I am sitting literally on thousands of dollars of software that I am afraid to use...quite a lot of it the same software the bigs used in that movie.
Use it with one eye closed.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Just saw the new Star wars in 3D. One of the best movies I've seen in a while, and I'm not a Star Wars guy.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Catawampus wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Whirley pukey. Saw it in XD, got my son the BB-8 goggles...took me hours for my brain to register reality properly again. The only one more painful was Avatar...
Is it the things in motion on the screen that cause that, or is it just the perceived depth of field in general?
For me it's the motion on the screen not aligning with the motion (or lack thereof) in the theater that usually gets me sick in 3D movies. I sometimes even have trouble with non-3D films if the motion is spinny/loopy enough. :/ That's part of why it's a miracle that this one didn't get me sick...the aerial/space battle scenes were the things I dreaded most going into it, and it turned out to be a non-event. :) A total 180 from when I saw Avatar in 3D...where I had to leave the theater about 1/3 of the way through to throw up in the bathroom, and then stood in the entry hall thingy just out of sight of the screen to "enjoy" the rest of the film. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I never watched anything in 3D when I had the chance, and now I can't, so I have to try to just imagine what the effect must be like. All I can do is to imagine "it's like looking at real 3D objects, but contained in the bounds of the screen", but I doubt that it's really quite like that.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Catawampus wrote:I never watched anything in 3D when I had the chance, and now I can't, so I have to try to just imagine what the effect must be like. All I can do is to imagine "it's like looking at real 3D objects, but contained in the bounds of the screen", but I doubt that it's really quite like that.
Why not? No 3-D capable facilities around or does it make you sick? I guess the other option is you lost an eye, but... Well... :|
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

3-D, for me, makes it look like I'm watching through garbage, or old GIF's.

One of the pitfalls of having deuteranopia.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Catawampus wrote:All I can do is to imagine "it's like looking at real 3D objects, but contained in the bounds of the screen", but I doubt that it's really quite like that.
That is pretty much what it is like except far away objects are often just as in focus as the close ones which is a break from normal reality that may throw some people's perception off.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Catawampus wrote:I never watched anything in 3D when I had the chance, and now I can't, so I have to try to just imagine what the effect must be like. All I can do is to imagine "it's like looking at real 3D objects, but contained in the bounds of the screen", but I doubt that it's really quite like that.
Why not? No 3-D capable facilities around or does it make you sick? I guess the other option is you lost an eye, but... Well... :|
We have an inordinately fancy cinema here with all sorts of 3D abilities, and I've never suffered from motion sickness (which seems like it might be related to 3d-sickness), so that's all fine. Having one optic nerve burned out makes stereoscopic vision a tad tricky, however. When watching a 3D movie, I get to sit there wearing some silly uncomfortable glasses and watch a movie in 2D.
shadowinthelight wrote:That is pretty much what it is like except far away objects are often just as in focus as the close ones which is a break from normal reality that may throw some people's perception off.
Huh. I'd think that the focus would still be normal, since it's all being seen through a camera lens.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Huh. I guess I was right about one eye not working. You didn't exactly lose the whole thing, but it still.
I'm too much!