Look Over There 2015-07-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Aleister Crow

Re: Look Over There 2016-07-10

Post by Aleister Crow »

So... I guess the seer didn't see that coming.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

DilyV wrote:Just a few things...

1. It's not 2016 yet... LOL (Fix the date)
2. No bear ears! Nadette seems to have gotten that little glitch under control
3. No Wings! Is Atsali still wearing the talisman?

4. Castela is getting better at her "human looks"... now she needs to work on her eyes (Paging Aunt Tina!!! SHAZOWIE!!!)

5. Bud is on top of everything as always. Nice segue there Bud...

re: Castela's eyes- http://wapsisquare.com/comic/well-played/
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Pardona wrote:Bud continues to be the absolute mistress of smooth. XD
Well, to be fair, she has had a little time to practice. So not counting time machine resets (since she was not the one in the time forest); Bud being about 20 something when turned into a Golem by the ancients would be how old now?

Yeah, she has had some time to hone her skills, just sayin.
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
Gavote

Re: Look Over There 2015-07-01

Post by Gavote »

Somewhere in excess of two millenia. Better not to try to put an exact number on a lady's age...especially one who can make diamonds by accident!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

I have just returned from a week in Californicatia and Atsali finally bags a love interest? Cool...

Here is something I did in anticipation of these two rocking the world with a kiss, following a previous rendition of "Long long time" by Nadette using the original words, but these lyrics are mine...

(As before, empty stage with spot on tall stool with microphone on stool. Nadette in bear form walks out, picks up mike and sits down. Her demeanor is nothing like previously, she is upbeat, smiling and relieved. Opening strains begin-)

You always balked- or turned and walked- but finally there came the day when we both sat down and talked,

and I never knew just what did I do? Thinking it was all my fault when the one you feared was you

and I've done everything I know, to try to make you mine- and I think I will adore you for a long, long time...

I lived in fear- held back each tear- but I couldn't give you up, so I had to perservere

and now you see.... how it ought to be

here you'd been running from yourself, when the one you want is me

and I've done everthing I know, to try to help your mind- and I think I'm gonna want you for a long, long time

work past the scar- you've come so far- and now you understand just who you really are

oh and for all I've tried, arms open wide, just as I was loosing hope you are standing by my side

Oh yes and I've done everything I know, to try to make you mine- and I hope we stay together for a long, long time-
(cresendo- she WAILS this... think Janice Joplin)
Yes and I've done, EVERTHING I KNOW... to TRY TO MAKE YOU MINE.... (Trails off slightly)
(A-capella- soft slow voice, smokey- she is smiling, tears are present)
... and I think I'm... gonna love you... for a long...long...time..."
(Music carries off the end- Atsali walks out on stage, a little shy, steps up to Nadette- they kiss as the light fades to black
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Gavote wrote:Somewhere in excess of two millenia. Better not to try to put an exact number on a lady's age...especially one who can make diamonds by accident!
According to the Chronology, somewhere in excess of twelve millennia. However, she wasn't a conscious individual during all of that... she was part of the Chimera, or in an entangled state with Brandi and Jin, or in Ethetian stasis, or in a "golem shutdown" state for part of the time.

It's certainly fair to say that she's had more years and opportunity to pick up and practice Smooth, than most of us are ever likely to experience. Since she's still sort of a late-teen in some respects, it makes for an interesting mix.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

TazManiac wrote:
DilyV wrote:Just a few things...

1. It's not 2016 yet... LOL (Fix the date)
2. No bear ears! Nadette seems to have gotten that little glitch under control
3. No Wings! Is Atsali still wearing the talisman?

4. Castela is getting better at her "human looks"... now she needs to work on her eyes (Paging Aunt Tina!!! SHAZOWIE!!!)

5. Bud is on top of everything as always. Nice segue there Bud...

re: Castela's eyes- http://wapsisquare.com/comic/well-played/
Yes... exactly... then there was the first time that we saw her with one stalk and one eye... a really big one... she's been working at it... Just saying it would be nice to see her working on keeping her human form from time to time. it's the eye stalks that make Castela unique... but it would be nice to see that she is maturing and learning.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Aleister Crow wrote:So... I guess the seer didn't see that coming.
Aahh, but she MAY have... :)

" I see an Ice cream van, so everyone will be distracted while I give the biggest kiss yet!!! :D :D "
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I'm hoping Tina picks up her page; this whole arc has been "Shazowie!" indeed...
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I'm hearing less "Shazowie!" and more "DAAAAY-UUM!".
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

shadowinthelight wrote:I'm hearing less "Shazowie!" and more "DAAAAY-UUM!".
FTFY.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

And there are still two days left this week for more fireworks, firefights, fireflies (?), Firesign (??), fire breaks, or even a stray firedrake (needs to stay out of the pool).

And the mental floss remark on the other thread made me think of Zappa's Montana.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Yippie ay-oh ty-aay!

And be sure you don't call a Firefly an upstart! 8-)
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

shadowinthelight wrote:I'm hearing less "Shazowie!" and more "DAAAAY-UUM!".
Ice Water?...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

shadowinthelight wrote:Yeah, give your sister some privacy... in this completely public place.
Not about privacy, it's about removing a small child from a PG-13 situation.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Whew! Good thing Atsali is at least 15...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote:
Gavote wrote:Somewhere in excess of two millenia. Better not to try to put an exact number on a lady's age...especially one who can make diamonds by accident!
According to the Chronology, somewhere in excess of twelve millennia. However, she wasn't a conscious individual during all of that... she was part of the Chimera, or in an entangled state with Brandi and Jin, or in Ethetian stasis, or in a "golem shutdown" state for part of the time.

It's certainly fair to say that she's had more years and opportunity to pick up and practice Smooth, than most of us are ever likely to experience. Since she's still sort of a late-teen in some respects, it makes for an interesting mix.
She and Brandi were active five thousand years ago, at least.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.