Lying Low 2015-04-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Lying Low 2015-04-16

Post by shadowinthelight »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/lying-low/

And then convents see a surge in new recruits.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Lying Low 2015-04-16

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

"What happened with Berdine"? Shouldn't that be "Nadette"?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

shadowinthelight wrote:http://wapsisquare.com/comic/lying-low/

And then convents see a surge in new recruits.
In Steven Brust's To Reign in Hell, the First Created are genderless, until Lilith invents gender and decides that she is female, whereupon most of the others decide that they're male...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:"What happened with Berdine"? Shouldn't that be "Nadette"?
Makes more sense that way.

Also, the minicabbage is more commonly spelled "Brussels sprouts" rather than "Brussel sprouts". I don't think I've ever heard it used as a curse before, although many children do curse it. :)
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Th' princess has that "Aw, crap! I didn't think of THAT!" look on her face.
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:"What happened with Berdine"? Shouldn't that be "Nadette"?
Makes more sense that way.

Also, the minicabbage is more commonly spelled "Brussels sprouts" rather than "Brussel sprouts". I don't think I've ever heard it used as a curse before, although many children do curse it. :)
I used to like those when i was a kid.

Then one day we had them for dinner, and something (not necessarily the sprouts) made me violently ill, and now i get queasy when i smell them.

(Rutabaga, now, always made me gag.)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Dave wrote:.... "Brussel sprouts". I don't think I've ever heard it used as a curse before, although many children do curse it. :)
Oh, bulldogs! (to quote a dear friend)

Meanwhile -- a certain busty you lady is soon to discover that few things are more attractive of envy and admiration than simple but certain self esteem. Having a solid faith in yourself is a power in and of itself!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I used to like those when i was a kid.
That's because you were a weird kid. Don't worry, so did I. :) I imagine I still would like them, but I haven't had them in many years.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:I used to like those when i was a kid.
That's because you were a weird kid. Don't worry, so did I. :) I imagine I still would like them, but I haven't had them in many years.
I like them a lot better than I did when I was a kid. Back then I couldn't stand to be in the same house with them when they were cooked.

These days, I can choke 'em down even if my wife boils them until they're soft (how she likes 'em).

I quite enjoy them when lightly sauteed or roasted with garlic-infused olive oil (which is how one of the cafes at work occasionally serves them).

I believe that they've been bred for a somewhat milder flavor, in recent years, than was the case when I was a sprout myself in Philadelphia.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

'Brussels Sprouts' may indeed be correct but I consider the third 's' is being absorbed into the first 's' in Sprout.

It flows better that way, and as we all know- common usage may well change the rules, over time.

Secondly, I also paused when I read 'Bearndine'. Unless another shoe drops re B, it should read "Nadette".

(Maybe there'll be a backfill "you remember what happened at the parapool over that prude... Poor Bearndine...". As in something, maybe inadvertent backfires and B takes the hit. (or not...)

It's good to see Cricket btw.

PS- those who dislike the sprouts now can often enjoy them, or at least tolerate them, if they get cooked 'the other way'.

Over or undercooked, as the case may be, do it the other way.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Seems like they forgot everyone follows the Queen of the school.

Now may i suggest you try those nice brussel sprouts steamed in a little butter with light seasoning. I find them quite good that way. Now Rutabaga fall in the same category as Sushi, i aint never been that hungry even when i was going through survival training eating juicy grubs (lot of protein there).
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

oldmanmickey wrote:Now Rutabaga fall in the same category as Sushi, i aint never been that hungry even when i was going through survival training eating juicy grubs (lot of protein there).
I'm with you there. I will happily leaf-bake me a handful of earthworms and chow on some cricket/grasshopper kebabs if it means I don't have to eat raw fish. NOPE.

I don't think I've ever even seen a rutabaga IRL. I had to google it just now to know what it looks like, lol.
Heck, they look like potatoes! I dunno how they smell, but by looks alone, I could totally be convinced to eat one of those.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
AnotherFairportfan

GlytchMeister wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:Now Rutabaga fall in the same category as Sushi, i aint never been that hungry even when i was going through survival training eating juicy grubs (lot of protein there).
I'm with you there. I will happily leaf-bake me a handful of earthworms and chow on some cricket/grasshopper kebabs if it means I don't have to eat raw fish. NOPE.

I don't think I've ever even seen a rutabaga IRL. I had to google it just now to know what it looks like, lol.
Heck, they look like potatoes! I dunno how they smell, but by looks alone, I could totally be convinced to eat one of those.
Like white turnips but even stronger and more nauseating.

and i LIKE sushi.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Enough with the veggie comments. Just leaf it alone already.

Drop a bottle of Vegemite into the jar.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
eee

Post by eee »

I'm going to assume we haven't gotten to the date with Jacob, the Battle of the Para-Pool, or further interactions between Atsali and Nad', yet.

(Cricket's confusion is understandable. She was never a trendsetter herself, and hostile towards the ones that were. She'd have no idea how kids key off everything the Queen Bee does. She's going to have to expand the scope of her view.

She and Berdine seem to be getting along a bit better.)
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Cricket wrote:What could possibly go wrong?
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Aleister Crow wrote:
Cricket wrote:What could possibly go wrong?
The dreaded words that tempt the universe of the perverse to prove that things can get worse!
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

zachariah wrote:Enough with the veggie comments. Just leaf it alone already.

Drop a bottle of Vegemite into the jar.
Lettuce have some fun, this kind of humor cannot be beet!

High-tails it for the Farmer's Market; the jar, hungry it is.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Oopsie! Hit F5
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Monica really needs to have another talk with Atsali about self-esteem and self-confidence. They're not going to get any smaller Atsali, and you really need to learn to deal with it. Complaining isn't going to make them go away nor make idiots stop making remarks about them. Be confident in who you are and what you want to make of yourself in life. Be confident in your plan to prove people wrong about Sirens. Just be Confident! She really needs some sage advice from Monica that other people will always form wrong opinions and we can't do anything about it except prove them wrong by OUR actions.

I have to wonder though... we've not seen anyone in the comic tease Atsali... call her names and such (except for Cricket calling her jugs... and Jessie too I think...). Did someone really call her a slut, or is she angsting over the fact that that's what people supposedly say about Sirens? Is it real or perceived? If so, who called her a slut and why?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.