Hold That Thought 2014-12-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Akeche

Hold That Thought 2014-12-23

Post by Akeche »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/hold-that-thought/

For those who might not be able to see it yet! Can catch it in the Archive.

Well... Is Nadette amused by his expression? I think Atsali looks like she can't even think of any words to chitchat about let alone try to order something.
lake_wrangler

Re: Hold That Thought 2014-12-23

Post by lake_wrangler »

I can't help but wonder if the sister chose that very moment to leave on purpose... :twisted:
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Wonder what Nadette found to snerk about?

Could it be the petrified Sali besides here??? Could be. Sali appears to be imitating the Walking Dead! Vacant eyes. No expression.

The 8 on the shirt would be better if it were sideways. "To Infinity and Beyond!!!!"

A goal for Jacob.

Drops a Buzz Lightyear inaction figure into the jar.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Nadette probably saw both drawing a blank already. There can be a difference between knowing and seeing it actually happen.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Nadette is too cute... I mean, no sense in her being the only one on edge, is there?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

I almost expect two puddles... maybe Nadette smells urine?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

A cup of coffee, $7.00.
A brownie with it, $3.50.
Watching order giver and order taker in total paralysis, priceless.
For everything else there is future sight.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

lake_wrangler wrote:I can't help but wonder if the sister chose that very moment to leave on purpose... :twisted:
Does the sister, perhaps, also attend their school?

Do she and Nadette know each other?

Is it a ... plot?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Next up: A remake of the scene when Rudolph and Clarise first meet. :lol:
and Don't say you don't know what I mean, after 50 years that scene should be burned into everyones brains. ;)
````````````````
Jacobs sister is Randi?
(Groucho): "I'll bet she is." :roll:
Last edited by TheDOCTOR on Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Atsali has Monica's favorite shirt!
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Uh oh, they've both been stricken with whatever was making my computer at work crash repeatedly today.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Next up: A remake of the scene when Rudolph and Clarise first meet. :lol:
and Don't say you don't know what I mean, after 50 years that scene should be burned into everyones brains. ;)
I have no idea what you mean, though i would guess, if i had to, that it's a reference to that animated Rudolph THING that i have never watched and don't plan to that gets dragged out each Christmas.

(I wish i could make a similar statement anent It's a Wonderful Life...)
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Otpu

Post by Otpu »

Nadette - All is proceding as I have foreseen.

This has to be one of her easiest predictions, absolutely
no need for seer abilities needed.

If extreme arousal causes paranormals to lose humaform
control maybe we get to see what Jacob's natural form is
tomorrow.
Dave

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote:Wonder what Nadette found to snerk about?

Could it be the petrified Sali besides here??? Could be. Sali appears to be imitating the Walking Dead! Vacant eyes. No expression.
Heh... yup. After seeing Atsali gobstop her sister Berdine with a siren's song of a few words, and after having Atsali bluescreen her with an accidental "flash", I sorta figure that Nadette finds it curiously satifying to see that Atsali, too, can be rendered speechless and void by the simple proximity of The Someone Who Might Be The Someone.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Agh! My ship is taking on water! Jacob is spouting geeky social recluse truisms meant to evoke kinship with the typical reader. The boy and the girl's eyes meet across the crowded coffee shop. Is it fate? Kismet? Destiny?

I'm still hoping that the one that stopped him in his tracks is Nadette, because that would just be too delicious. Cling to the thin reed of hope and shake your fist at the sky!

EDIT: Also, how well is Mr. Play-it-safe here going to do with a girl who not only likes to go on adventures, but whose life *is* an adventure? An adventure starring a supporting cast of the least safe beings in the world? If he has heard any of the buzz that has been going around school, he should know exactly who she is and exactly who she is "related" to and exactly how very unquiet his life would become if he fell anywhere near to her orbit. Princesses fall for herbivores in manga all the time, but not so much in real life . . . or in this case "real life".
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

This does not bode well for the next couple of days. :? OK Jake, just stay calm, be smooth...and DEAR GOD don't stare at her chest!!
TheDOCTOR wrote:Jacobs sister is Randi?
(Groucho): "I'll bet she is." :roll:
HEY-OOOOO!! :lol:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:Next up: A remake of the scene when Rudolph and Clarise first meet. :lol:
I have no idea what you mean, though i would guess, if i had to, that it's a reference to that animated Rudolph THING that i have never watched and don't plan to that gets dragged out each Christmas.
Which reminds me: I've been having some trouble getting into the Christmas spirit this year precisely because I haven't watched that yet. I recall there's a 50th Anniversary edition on DVD available; maybe I'll pick it up tomorrow or the next day. :P
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
NebulousRikulau

Post by NebulousRikulau »

Looks like a quiet day at the Coffee Shop.
Yep.
illiad

Post by illiad »

yeesh, you're THAT old???? a lot of us weren't born then..... :P :)
as for "getting into the Christmas spirit" , you don't watch TV??? getting difficult to find something *non-christmas* to watch... :roll:
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

illiad wrote:as for "getting into the Christmas spirit" , you don't watch TV??? getting difficult to find something *non-christmas* to watch... :roll:
If you mean me, I cancelled my cable TV a couple of months ago to reduce the monthly bill. Truly, if not for that I'd have been camped out on the futon for hours, several times over the past couple of weeks.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:I can't help but wonder if the sister chose that very moment to leave on purpose... :twisted:
Does the sister, perhaps, also attend their school?

Do she and Nadette know each other?

Is it a ... plot?
My first thought exactly.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin