Everything Is Okay 2014-09-29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
MerchManDan

Everything Is Okay 2014-09-29

Post by MerchManDan »

Only a little awkward. I won't even bother asking what this meeting is about.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
oldmanmickey

Re: Everything Is Okay 2014-09-29

Post by oldmanmickey »

these are not the droids you are looking for, move along
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

MerchManDan wrote:Only a little awkward. I won't even bother asking what this meeting is about.
School board?

Monica seems to be taking "smooth and suave" lessons at the Wahnee Institute! :D
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I don't think it's a meeting, so much as random library patrons who stopped in their tracks to observe the sudden action. They sure did stop in their tracks... Love the surprised look on them.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

And off panel, Phix is still facepalming.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Well at least it's better than the cameos in today's redraw of "It's Walky" :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

lake_wrangler wrote:I don't think it's a meeting, so much as random library patrons who stopped in their tracks to observe the sudden action.
Ah, that could be. I guess it didn't occur to me that the Bibliothiki would be suddenly so popular amongst the paranormal set; for some reason, in my head the place is almost empty most of the time.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Except for the horns, the guy with the pocket protector reminds me amazingly of a friend here in Atlanta who's a retired NASA mathematician.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Move along, citizens!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Everything's perfectly normal"
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Except for the horns, the guy with the pocket protector reminds me amazingly of a friend here in Atlanta who's a retired NASA mathematician.
Perhaps it IS your friend! Only YOU cannot see the horns as you've been 'Glammed'. :twisted:
That explains why he is so good at math. Heh-heh-hehhhhh.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

MerchManDan wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:I don't think it's a meeting, so much as random library patrons who stopped in their tracks to observe the sudden action.
Ah, that could be. I guess it didn't occur to me that the Bibliothiki would be suddenly so popular amongst the paranormal set; for some reason, in my head the place is almost empty most of the time.
Well, we know that there is a group of young orphans who visit once a month, which included a certain teenaged avian, as well as a whatsit, who are no longer orphans, I might add. We have also seen a minotaur and his grandmother...

We also know that it's a rather large building (at least 317 floors - we don't know if Calista was at the very top or not, when she swung down the spider silk line...)

So it is quite conceivable that all the times we saw Phix, Nudge, Tsillah, Bia, Monica, Shelly, et al., there were other people in other areas of the Library, whom we did not see, simply because they did not add to the scene at hand.
Aed

Post by Aed »

I'm pleased to see Monica is investing in better quality garments. Her clothing stood up to the Phoenix fire without combusting and her shoes survived an incredible drop and stop that would probably pop the seams of lesser foot wear. I'm guessing that Monica is patronizing paranormal shops to meet her special needs. ;)
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

All we need now is for one (or more) of those patrons to point to a sign that reads "SILENCE"
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Opus the Poet wrote:Everything's perfectly normal"
...what the heck am I watching?? :|
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

"Shhhhhhhhsh!"
illiad

Post by illiad »

MerchManDan wrote:
em, most libraries *look* fairly empty, you cannot see all the people hidden by the stacks, or in the corners reading... :)
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

illiad wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
em, most libraries *look* fairly empty, you cannot see all the people hidden by the stacks, or in the corners reading... :)
And this is an exceptionally large library... the Library of Congress could be tucked in a corner somewhere and forgotten about...
illiad

Post by illiad »

MerchManDan wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Everything's perfectly normal"
...what the heck am I watching?? :|
I second that motion! :D food stuck to a room door.. some strange student fresher thing??? looks like a prank, it is called "where is the food?" :o :shock:

But back to the library... I don't think we have seen the ground floor, where all the patrons sit and read, get coffee and snacks, get the local newspapers...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Except for the horns, the guy with the pocket protector reminds me amazingly of a friend here in Atlanta who's a retired NASA mathematician.
My friend Ned:

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.