Am I Sick 2014-04-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Am I Sick 2014-04-30

Post by shadowinthelight »

Hormones. That is all.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Re: Am I Sick 2014-04-30

Post by AmriloJim »

'Sali has more questions than a census enumerator. The answers will come... in time.
Castela, on the other hand....
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Onset of puberty: Check.

Onset of monthly hormonal fun: Ongoing.

Different talk with Momma that you thought you were gonna have: Tomorrow morning.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Dave

Post by Dave »

For Atsali, life has certainly become complicated lately. With all that's going on, I suspect she won't be sleeping very restfully tonight.

For Castela... not so much... she's still able to enjoy a well-urned snooze.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

The Echo-coustics of that urn are probably better than most loud speakers...

Dave... *slides the pun jar your way* :lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

Dave wrote:For Castela... not so much... she's still able to enjoy a well-urned snooze.
I think the pun jar will want you ante up for the pot...
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I have a feeling puberty for sirens may involve chastity cages, saltpeter laden grahamcrackers*, and frequent cold showers.

(*Graham crackers were first issued by the red cross in large numbers to American troops in WW I because they were supposed to be an anti euphoric.)
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

You guys pitcher selves down every time you sink to pun vased humor.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
as363

Post by as363 »

Well written Mr. P -
Haylo

Post by Haylo »

First confirmation that little Castela doesn't always revert when asleep. Maybe that's her equivalent of learning to stary dry all night.
Skruddgemire

Post by Skruddgemire »

NOTDilbert wrote:Onset of puberty: Check.

Different talk with Momma that you thought you were gonna have: Tomorrow morning.
Yeah, what most people forget is that girls hit sexual maturity roughly 28 days before she develops her first period. The period is the end of the cycle when the system says "@#$% it, we're not getting preggers. OK Girls, flush and reset the system for the next try!"

Meaning that 14 days (+/- a few days) prior, she is actually in her very first fertile phase. With the growing tingling in her nether regions, it wouldn't surprise me if she falls asleep and fiddles with herself while dreaming. Having had a daughter who awoke screaming from a dream having had her first orgasm...it is one hell of a surprise. And often one that they are not expecting.

Kath may need to start thinking about looking for a new home. One with more bedrooms so Atsali can have a little more privacy. Ooh...just thought of something. If Kath doesn't, there is going to be another meltdown as Castella is unlikely to be able to keep her mouth shut if/when she hears Atsali having an erotic dream. God knows she couldn't when Atsali was visited by the booby fairy.

But at the same time splitting them into two rooms is going to cause another type of meltdown as I don't think she's going to like being separated from her big sister.

I'm just hoping that in the few years remaining before Atsali goes off to college, Castella matures enough to be able to deal with her leaving to live in the dorm.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I doubt it unless Kathy is a mind reader. No teenage girl is about to tell their mother I had weird feelings last night and felt strange, hot, tingly all at the same time. Most likely is they will keep quiet and ask their friends. So the talk will not be about this. However Kathy might be really good at ready Sali and can figure out what the problem is. She know s Sali is entering puberty and all the things it brings for girls. SO she may be getting ready for the mom-daughter talk. But I think it will be about controlling her feelings and how much harder that will be for the next few years.

Castella's talk will probably be keep your nose out of Sali's private things or eventually you will push her to far when I'm not here to stop it. Pickle has to learn to respect peoples privacy.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

You know, that was the first thing I thought after reading today's strip.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

From The Talk with my parents:

"And you know how a really big sneeze feels? Like just before, when you tense up and breath in reeeeal deep, then whammo! And you feel sort of sparkly all over?"

"Ummm, yes?"

"OK -- it's like that, but in your crotch."

"!"

"Sooner or later, it will sneak up on you -- probably when you're dreaming a really nice dream. It's part of growing up. We're happy for you, OK?"

< Hugs >
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:Dave... *slides the pun jar your way* :lol:
Dave places an offering of a Guatemalan quetzal into the Pun Jar... in honor of the resplendent Atsali, of course.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Skruddgemire wrote:

Kath may need to start thinking about looking for a new home. One with more bedrooms so Atsali can have a little more privacy. Ooh...just thought of something. If Kath doesn't, there is going to be another meltdown as Castella is unlikely to be able to keep her mouth shut if/when she hears Atsali having an erotic dream. God knows she couldn't when Atsali was visited by the booby fairy.
I think they already have separate bedrooms - Kath chastises Castela "I told you not to go into your sister's...(room?)" (probably intended to follow with "when she's not there").
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Dave

Post by Dave »

NOTDilbert wrote:I think they already have separate bedrooms - Kath chastises Castela "I told you not to go into your sister's...(room?)" (probably intended to follow with "when she's not there").
That was my interpretation as well.

If they were sharing a single room, Kath would more likely have said something like "I told you to leave your sister's personal things alone."

I suppose Kath might have been in the process of saying "I told you not to go into your sister's diary" but that's a somewhat unusual phrasing... and it would imply that the issue of Castela reading Atsali's diary had caused arguments before this. if that were the case, I doubt that even Ms-Blurts-Out-Everything-She-Thinks Castela would have been quite so blurt-ish this time... she's a smart cookie and would have learned at least that much discretion from being chewed out by Momma Bear at least once before.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Pickle Jar!
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

I kinda read it as "I told you not to go into your sister's things" ...

... but then it would have been "get into", not "go into"? I dunno. (Not native over here ...)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
starkruzr

Post by starkruzr »

How has no one ever had The Talk with this girl, even when she was an orphan?!