Order Up 2014-01-24

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Catawampus

Re: Order Up 2014-01-24

Post by Catawampus »

NOTDilbert wrote:Hokay, how came EVERYONE can see the demon and not just the Demon Shepherd!?
Bud's always apparently been able to see demons at times under undefined circumstances; remember how she and Brandi used to play around with Doubt, and how she sees Tina. So Bud can see demons under certain circumstances, even when they're not intentionally manifesting (or ladyifesting, in the case of Ms. Tentacle) for her.

As for Atsali. . .dunno. Maybe the demon is not bothering to hide herself because she sees it's all paranormals at the moment. Maybe Atsali has some demon-seeing ability. Maybe the alignment of Jupiter with the Pleiades refracted the ley-lines through some coffee dust in just the right way.
Grantwhy wrote:Well, everything that gets written ends up in the Library, so there might be quite a collection of Japanese^ graphic (VERY graphic :shock:) novels/comics.

But surely Atsali isn't the kind to go seeking them out?

And if found accidentally I suspect she would definitely avoid reading them.
I'd guess that simply being a teenager at school would probably be enough for her to learn about such literary works and their themes. Or being online much, even on relatively safe sites; here we are right now, discussing the topic and perhaps introducing some reader to the genre.
My2Cents wrote:Situation disarmed. Move along.
It seems to be appendages other than arms that are the current problem, however.
Grantwhy wrote:Monica is NOT an squeezy Toy.
Other individuals seem to differ from your opinion. . .
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Catawampus wrote:
Grantwhy wrote:Well, everything that gets written ends up in the Library, so there might be quite a collection of Japanese^ graphic (VERY graphic :shock:) novels/comics.

But surely Atsali isn't the kind to go seeking them out?

And if found accidentally I suspect she would definitely avoid reading them.
I'd guess that simply being a teenager at school would probably be enough for her to learn about such literary works and their themes. Or being online much, even on relatively safe sites; here we are right now, discussing the topic and perhaps introducing some reader to the genre.
Paul did kind of beat us to it :)
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/let-this-happen/

Interestingly it was Ms Tentacle who was the one most worried about being late.
Catawampus wrote:
Grantwhy wrote:Monica is NOT an squeezy Toy.
Other individuals seem to differ from your opinion. . .
Ok - Monica is not a squeaky toy.

And for anyone thinking of making a Monica plushie, it would be very wrong to include two squeakers (or whatever they are called), so stop thinking about it :x
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

And even those who are in today's comic seem to have done this before...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Grantwhy wrote:Paul did kind of beat us to it :)
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/let-this-happen/
It appears Tentacle can change shape, elongating as desired. Then again, there also seems to more than one tentacled creature in there: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/just-forget/. So some of the scenes showing the arm could be from someone else.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

This brings up a question: does Tina's "covey" change at all, since they're "free-range" demons?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin