Fishing You Out 2013-09-26

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Cheesy1

Fishing You Out 2013-09-26

Post by Cheesy1 »

But I have a trick for fishing you out.
Um, Monica, try not to destroy the whole damn place in the process of killing the rape blob.
Atomic

Re: Fishing You Out 2013-09-26

Post by Atomic »

Similar to fishing with dynamite, or wrangling earthworms with an electric generator. Something ain't going to be happy at all very soon!

BTW - For all the crap M got from her gym teacher, just look at her now!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I'm hoping Jet is oblivious to all of this... or she's going to feel it in the morning!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I think the Tar just got the tar beat out of it, notice the black stuff around M's feet.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

DilyV wrote:I'm hoping Jet is oblivious to all of this... or she's going to feel it in the morning!!!
CSpace may be connected to Jet but I doubt it is a physical part of her. Separation of realities and interaction is well established in Wapsi. If it wasn't several otherworld incidents would have shown up on both sides. IE" The GGG blow up would have affected other realities.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Opus the Poet wrote:I think the Tar just got the tar beat out of it, notice the black stuff around M's feet.
I don't think that it is the TAR but the material of CSPace it self. Makes me wonder if CSpace does not behave like a non-Newtonian solid. If it does then the shock wave should transmit to the TAR and freeze it in place while Monica grabs it. The time this is taking kinda indicates it will be next week before we see what is inside the TAR. Figure Monica will grab it tomorrow and then deal with it next week.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Looks like Monica is getting ready for the next Avengers movie.

Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Either Monica calmed down or herding the demons used up the excess energy. Her form has returned to a more normal state. The bring of fire went bye-bye leaving the base form of the Jaguar Girl. I do notice that nudity here does not seem to bother her at all. She is not even thinking about it. Chalk that up to her anger.
dex drako

Post by dex drako »

zachariah wrote:Either Monica calmed down or herding the demons used up the excess energy. Her form has returned to a more normal state. The bring of fire went bye-bye leaving the base form of the Jaguar Girl. I do notice that nudity here does not seem to bother her at all. She is not even thinking about it. Chalk that up to her anger.
she only seems to care about being nude when she's closer to her human self the more she transformes into being the JG the less she seems to care.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Well, we don't know much (if at all) about the spatial relationship (if any) between C-space, and Georgette's physical body.

I'm just hoping that the particular spot that Monica chose to slaaam was not topologically congruent with the top of 'Jett's bladder.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

That last panel reminds me of the refrain to an unpublished song I know of. "Sea of Lost Dreams"

Sailing a sea of lost dreams
Where nothing is quite what it seems
The wind dies,
The waves sigh,
They call out to me,
Come follow the music
To someplace that magic might be.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

One thing that I keep thinking about though is what if what Br'er Jaguar is about to encounter is in fact the equivalent of a Tar Baby. Ah does hopes she remebers her foks tales.

"Please don' toss me in dat lava pit Br'er Tar."
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

I don't think she's powered down any just 'cause she's not Lava (Phoenix) Girl now. She's more dangerous than ever.
She's SMILING.

If the Tar has a hyperdrive, it's already too late to use it...
Last edited by NOTDilbert on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

NOTDilbert wrote:I do't think she's powered down any just 'cause she's not Lava (Phoenix) Girl now. She's more dangerous than ever.
She's SMILING.
It does look like Monica has crossed the Bishonen Line.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

NOTDilbert wrote:She's SMILING.
...I'll be under my bunk.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
SilverMane

Post by SilverMane »

MerchManDan wrote:
I'd rather be in another universe, probably still not as safe as I would like... :shock:

How is she learning all these trick on the fly?
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

... tapping into the akashic records?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

SilverMane wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
I'd rather be in another universe, probably still not as safe as I would like... :shock:

How is she learning all these trick on the fly?

The same way she could read Nudges fear and drop her into a volcano; She is running on instinct again.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Tar may be weak and pathetic, etc. but still ... to be fair, what resident of Georgette's demon space would NOT be cowering and hiding at this point? Is there any being there who would choose to stand up and face Mega Mini-Monzilla on her terms right now? Hiding would be the only tactic left to them in the current situation, weak pathetic coward or not. Even the ones she was not after were just herded together in an instant then skree'd on their bare feet across the freshly waxed "floor," squished together in two groups like so much silly putty.

The nudity isn't too much of a big deal for her given that she is surrounded by females right now (who are also hard core nudists apparently). In fact that has been the case every time she has transformed. In another case, Shelly and Bud were not so situated when she poited them to the Mall, so their concern about being starkers was more pronounced.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
illiad

Post by illiad »

nudity is a very *modern human* thing.... a tribesman in south Africa usually wears only ONE thing, and that is to stop it causing problems while hunting!! :E
the only 'nudity' he would acknowledge, is losing his trusted spear... :/

of course demons are not limited by their form - like animals, their shape and colouring is tribal..