Fell In Love 2013-09-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
HiFranc

Re: Fell In Love 2013-09-06

Post by HiFranc »

I think that M and Kevin are still together, and I don't see Monica being the kind of person to two time someone. Given how Monica reacted when Shelly came to her in the middle of the night because of Heather, I think that Monica would be Georgette's friend.
Francisco
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Boxilar wrote:
jwhouk wrote:But she does feel like she's been played like a piano, though.
Well, of course. Her innermost desires, the things she kept even from herself, have been yanked out and put on display. Poor Georgette is having a rough day.

I guess my question will be, how does Monica deal with this? She already seems to have gotten past the initial "what the Hell" moment, and true to form, is worried about how it's affecting Georgette. When she's not being all snarly and growly, our Jaguar Girl is a very compassionate person.

It brings up all sorts of possibilities.

How did Kevin react to Monica's transformation? Having a hot girlfriend who can control monsters is one thing. Having a hot girlfriend who is a monster is another.

Are they still together? If so, how does Monica let Jett down gently. If not, does Monica want to get involved with another person, especially so soon after ending a relationship. Again this is speculation. There have been no indications that Monica and Kevin are over.

Does M like girls? There have been hints that she might be, but there hasn't been anything concrete. If Monica is still with Kevin, would he be open to Monica having another love interest? Monica sure wasn't willing to share him with Bud.

Would Georgette be open to the idea? No indication one way or another, but the poor girl has had her face shoved into the fact that she is deeply in love with Monica. Once she gets past the initial shock, because denial left the building with the psychic kiss, Jett may be willing to do anything to be with the one she loves.

Not pushing for any of these possibilities. I'm just along for the ride
If I remember correctly she wasn't willing to share Kevin with Tina either, although I think Monica's remark to Tina in that regard was rhetorical as she knew Tina wasn't after him. I might be wrong but from what I've seen so far Monica is strictly dickly as one of my friends puts it... She is comfortable enough around other women to hold hands and such, and she really didn't have much choice in Euryale kissing her... She's closest to Shelly, but even that relationship is strictly plutonic. :lol: :lol: :lol: I do believe that Jet is somewhat of a projectionist, I'm just not sure she is in control of it. She was projecting something for Monica to pick up on it so strongly. I think we need to keep in mind that Monica might not be in touch with all of her own capabilities just yet. We know she can read a person's worst fear... and we see what she did to nudge. What if Jet's worst fear is that others find out she's hiding her feelings for other women, specifically Monica? I agree that Monica was the receiver in this, at least initially... then projected what Jet was harboring within her back at Jet. I'm not all that sure Tina was in on the projection but its for sure that both Monica and Jet shared that experience. Jet was embarrassed by it initially... and Monica and Tina going on about it freaked her out and sent her back into extreme denial. I think the remark someone made about Jet hiding those feelings from even herself is right on the mark. No one likes seeing their shortcomings dragged out into the open for everyone to see, even if those 'shortcomings' aren't shortcomings at all... and no one, and I mean NO ONE liked being so publically spurned.

*drops a lead lined box full of depleted uranium into the pun jar*
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:
Dave wrote:They share another experience, too: losing face.
Sings Koombayah and passes the pun jar around... LOL
:mrgreen:
DilyV wrote:She's closest to Shelly, but even that relationship is strictly plutonic. :lol: :lol: :lol:
And you are invoking the Pun Jar in my direction??? :lol:

OK, OK, I'll pay up...
roosevelt_lost_face.jpg
roosevelt_lost_face.jpg (26.85 KiB) Viewed 6505 times
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

scantrontb wrote:
Julie wrote:Ugh...awkward situation leads to angry upset lady...poor Jet! I only hope that she'll be receptive when Monica and/or Tina tries to fix things. :(
YEP... I couldn't help myself... but THIS page, last panel :D :lol:
I love the last two panels on this page...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Timotheus wrote:
zachariah wrote:
Timotheus wrote:You can run but you can't hide...

If those are fire code approved doors for a restaurant she'll be able to get out even if they're locked. You just can't get in.

I would still say Georgette was the transmission source, even if she was unaware of it. Tina and Monica were both receivers, but each in their own separate manners.

(Pigeons on the grass, alas.)
Fire Code approved doors are for the emergency exits. Not the main entrance. Especially on older businesses. If you look you will see that most stores front doors do not have quick release handles on them and are lockable. The workers are the ones who get the fire code protection in most stores. lol.
I guess it all depends on the city, age of the door, and variances. As I recall they didn't need crash bars or panic bars or plates but they did have to be unlockable from the inside to prevent being trapped. You can't have a double keyed lock unless there is another exit within 100 feet with a crash bar release. So the dead bolt should be lever actuated from the inside.
The place has a basement, so the odds are very good that it has a back door behind the bar equipped with a standard crash bar including alarm. She just has to go past Monica and Tina to get to it.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

jwhouk wrote:WAG for Monday: she walks out and runs headlong into....

...Bud?
...Brandi?
...Jin?
...May?
A ravening hoard of Paparazzi that have tracked Georgette down thanks to one of her fired body guards. They see she is upset and want to know why. They see Monica and Tina behind her and want to know who they are and what they did to upset Georgette. Lots of pictures of everyone.

Georgette: (ducking back inside and slamming and relocking the door) Help me!
Monica: Phix is going to kill me!
Tina: Quick, everyone down to the basement!

Basement, then a quick poit to the Library for a sit down with Nudge.
No one is better at introducing people to new points of view.

The Paparazzi will still be there in the morning when Tina shows up to open, good for a 1 day boost in business. When pushed she can let slip a hint that the previous owners were ‘cooking crack’ (http://wapsisquare.com/comic/dontknowyou/) and built a secret passage to the sewers in the basement. When they go looking for the other end Tsillah can have fun doing giant croc imitations.

Which just leaves the problem of the Paparazzi tracking down Monica as a possible interest. That will lead them to the others.
The poor girls will have no peace for a while, and have to pretend to have very humdrum normal lives. That will leave Kathryn & Company as the only ones who can save the world if needed.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

My2Cents wrote: A ravening hoard of Paparazzi ...
There's a dragon in the Twin Cities that collects paparazzi?

("Horde/hoard" is almost as likely to generate confusion as "discreet/discrete".)
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Fairportfan wrote:There's a dragon in the Twin Cities that collects paparazzi?
All things considered, that wouldn't surprise me. Heck, if a dragon can be landlord to an apartment building, why not?
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

MerchManDan wrote:All things considered, that wouldn't surprise me. Heck, if a dragon can be landlord to an apartment building, why not?
I can think of at least one other who collects plushies, so I'm down with that.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

OK my prediction for Monday is M catches up with Jet without poiting, then manages to explain that things are not as they used to appear with her (M) and Tina. She has Jet look at Tina with one eye closed. Hilarity ensues... (OK maybe not hilarity, maybe something akin to eldritch dread.)
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Opus the Poet wrote:She has Jet look at Tina with one eye closed. Hilarity ensues... (OK maybe not hilarity, maybe something akin to eldritch dread.)
It could be hilarity, especially if Jet mentions that the view is no different than many models before putting on makeup. :lol:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dale

Post by Dale »

She's "a walking Romantic Movement" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romantic_music#Romanticism or "a walking romantic moment"?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Dale wrote:She's "a walking Romantic Movement" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romantic_music#Romanticism or "a walking romantic moment"?
Kosh: Yes.

Defining the nature of Romanticism may be approached from the starting point of the primary importance of the free expression of the feelings of the artist. The importance the Romantics placed on untrammelled feeling is summed up in the remark of the German painter Caspar David Friedrich that "the artist's feeling is his law".

This seems to tie in with what Tina said: that Georgette is a person of powerful feelings and emotions, and she's lived a life filled with trauma and drama. Her "untrammelled feeling" seems to have freely expressed itself all over Tina's and Monica's preternatural sensitivities, to everyone's surprise.

Hence, Romantic with a big R. Identifying the presence of romantic elements with a small r is left as an exercise for the reader; study guides can be found in the Harlequin section of the shelves. ;)

Tina has been known to speak in ambiguities on earlier occasions... I guess she hasn't given up the habit.
starkruzr

Post by starkruzr »

I was about to post to the effect of wondering about "romantic movement" as a weird turn of phrase, but you guys covered it, so I'm good.
as363

Post by as363 »

Well - On;y 4=5 hours left and we should have the new post. (so riding the F5 key won't help} . Be interesting to see who called it first. I'm not a gambling man - so I'll just wait and see what Mr.P has decided to give us. That way - I can get to bed and get some sleep.