Art contest! $500 prize! Last month! Contest winner soon

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Opus the Poet

Art contest! $500 prize! Last month! Contest winner soon

Post by Opus the Poet »

Letting my friends know about this first. I'm having an unusual art contest over on my blog.

I have a rather large scar on my leg that is a constant reminder that some people in law enforcement don't give a crap if I live or die and should someone manage to kill me while I'm riding my bike no fingers will be lifted by them in any effort to find the driver that hit me. I know this because it has already happened once, leaving quite a "mark". I'm going to get a tattoo to cover this scar up, and I'm giving $500 to the artist that comes up with the best design. Paul is specifically invited to participate, but none of the artists that hang out here are excluded. I want the best picture possible on my leg and I'm not going to get that by arbitrarily excluding people from participating. The artist also gets first publishing rights on his or her web site (until someone grabs the image and steals it, but there's nothing I can do about that crap). I'm posting a large image of the leg in question on my blog this Sunday to use as a canvas to practice on and submit your effort.

I'm posting this in the fan art room as well.

And has the changed headline points out, we're coming up on the deadline. The winner will be announced June 2, the deadline is June 1.
Last edited by Opus the Poet on Sat May 04, 2013 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Opus the Poet

Re: Art contest! $500 prize!

Post by Opus the Poet »

here's the link to the actual contest: http://opusthepoet.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... ee-sunday/

WARNING! very graphic image, those with weak stomachs are encouraged NOT to click on the link.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Already working on it.

Question - to where shall the image(s) be submitted? E-mail to: ? Post here? Didn't quite see that part.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Sorry. Post a comment to the blog post for an addy to send the image to so I can see it without spilling the beans to fellow competitors. I get alerted everytime someone makes a post, so I will catch it almost as soon as you post it, or the next time I log back into the internets.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I have gotten some interesting images for the contest as well as some good suggestions for the competitors to submit as part of their images.

I personally like the zipper idea, but I'm not even close to making up my mind.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

For what it's worth, I expect to be submitting a batch before the 1 June deadline.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff