Six Women 2013-05-21

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Ohnhai

Re: Six Women 2013-05-21

Post by Ohnhai »

six losses/errors across an entire civilization during a last second mass evacuation. Sad though that is (especially as it seems down to a coding oversight) those are 'acceptable losses' considering the alternative.

but something tells me they aren't totally lost
Leak

Post by Leak »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Julie wrote:I'm still going to call it creepy sexy...but the glowy eyes and mouth thing could be a bit off-putting over time. :P
Bud's future boyfriend: "OK, I get you want to read before going to sleep but could you please use a small lamp or something"?
Reminds me of this TV spot that's currently running here - in German, "strahlen" (to shine) also means to grin and/or being happy...
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

In English, I think that would be "beaming".

... and now those Star Trek neurons are firing: Beam me up, Bud!

(I haven't even watched Star Trek. Blame those parodying comickers.)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
ShirouZhiwu

Post by ShirouZhiwu »

An entire civilization downloaded into crystals to save them? Totally my area of fiction! If I'm reading it right, the six babies were combined in one crystal. If it is anything like image merging, then you should end up with one particularly flawless child. I'm betting on Kath being that child and someone decided to recompile her data into flesh and blood. That still leave a question of what you do with hundreds of thousands of time displaced people?
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

ShirouZhiwu wrote:An entire civilization downloaded into crystals to save them? Totally my area of fiction! If I'm reading it right, the six babies were combined in one crystal. If it is anything like image merging, then you should end up with one particularly flawless child. I'm betting on Kath being that child and someone decided to recompile her data into flesh and blood. That still leave a question of what you do with hundreds of thousands of time displaced people?
Well they do have access to an inter-dimensional Library with access to all known dimensions. :twisted:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
ShirouZhiwu

Post by ShirouZhiwu »

Mark N wrote:
ShirouZhiwu wrote:An entire civilization downloaded into crystals to save them? Totally my area of fiction! If I'm reading it right, the six babies were combined in one crystal. If it is anything like image merging, then you should end up with one particularly flawless child. I'm betting on Kath being that child and someone decided to recompile her data into flesh and blood. That still leave a question of what you do with hundreds of thousands of time displaced people?
Well they do have access to an inter-dimensional Library with access to all known dimensions. :twisted:
Well, either that or you can send them all to one small country and watch the local politics explode.