SpringCon 2012-05-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Jerry Lewis

SpringCon 2012-05-17

Post by Jerry Lewis »

Well, that's definitely not what I expected in a Friday cliffhanger.
shadowinthelight

Re: SpringCon 2012-05-17

Post by shadowinthelight »

Wait, did Pablo really make both Star Wars and DC Comics 20% cooler in one shot by crossing Princess Leia with Rainbow Dash and Wonder Woman with Pinkie Pie?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sure seems like! I sense some gaming crossover influence as well... that shopping bag is probably full of trading cards, for a big Friendship Is Magic The Gathering tourney at the picnic grounds.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I have half a mind to run over to Minneapolis tomorrow and give him a "Damn you, Pablo!" for leaving us on a cliffhanger Thursday!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Julie

Post by Julie »

jwhouk wrote:I have half a mind to run over to Minneapolis tomorrow and give him a "Damn you, Pablo!" for leaving us on a cliffhanger Thursday!
Yeah...not gonna lie...my breathing pace kicked up towards hyperventiliation levels when I saw there wasn't a page today. :oops: Then I remembered that it's a comic...and on top of that, it's Paul's comic, and I'm a big girl who can wait until Monday to see the next page.

I'll keep telling myself that for the rest of the weekend...we'll see if I ever actually believe it (the "I'm a big girl" part that is). :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

*big hugs for you gals and guys*
Dave

Post by Dave »

Wish I could be there, Paul - have a great weekend and enjoy yourself!

Let me put in one humble hope that you'll manage to make it out to one of the West Coast conventions one of these days... San Diego or SF perhaps. I haven't been to a con of any sort in years... would love to have a great excuse to go!
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

I hope the convention is a good one for you!

By the way, did anyone else notice that the comic page version has a Midwest Comic Book Association tote bag, while the version shown on Facebook has a San Diego Comic Con tote?
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Wyvern wrote:I hope the convention is a good one for you!

By the way, did anyone else notice that the comic page version has a Midwest Comic Book Association tote bag, while the version shown on Facebook has a San Diego Comic Con tote?
Being Facebook-less, I hadn't seen that. :o

Um... Paul, if you're going to be at SDCC this year, pretty-please let us know your schedule somewhat in advance! :mrgreen:
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Who else didn't immediately get the connection of Princess Diana of Themyscira and Pinkamena Diane Pie? Very sneaky, Paul. ;)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Was temporary-like off the net this week, due to finally getting back to employment, and not using the local library's wifi to surf the 'net. Got a quick connection for the weekend and now I'm catching up. Now seeing that Brandi was making herself a backup of Civilisation for future use, I once again applaud Mr Pablo for the surprising revelations that were obvious all along.

Have fun storming the Springcon, Mr Taylor!
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Dave wrote:Wish I could be there, Paul - have a great weekend and enjoy yourself!

Let me put in one humble hope that you'll manage to make it out to one of the West Coast conventions one of these days... San Diego or SF perhaps. I haven't been to a con of any sort in years... would love to have a great excuse to go!
Or Comicpalooza in Houston! It's next weekend!
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Here's one of the pics I did that they'll be auctioning at the convention to help the Minnesota Lupus Foundation. http://www.lupusmn.org
Attachments
red sonja.jpg
red sonja.jpg (333.29 KiB) Viewed 10671 times
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Hansontoons wrote:
Dave wrote:Wish I could be there, Paul - have a great weekend and enjoy yourself!

Or the Central Canada Comic Convention this November - plenty of time to plan for it! ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

MerchManDan wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:

Or the Central Canada Comic Convention this November - plenty of time to plan for it! ;)
C'mon, why there??? Isn't there about 30ft of snow on the ground and the temperature -100 F by the time November comes around? And wolves! You might get eaten by wolves! Or bears!

Come to beautiful Houston! The heat! The humidity! The traffic! The mosquitos! What isn't there to like? And we don't even start thinking about hurricanes until later on in the summer!
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

shadowinthelight wrote:Wait, did Pablo really make both Star Wars and DC Comics 20% cooler in one shot by crossing Princess Leia with Rainbow Dash and Wonder Woman with Pinkie Pie?
I just noticed Slave Leia wore her Starfleet earrings to the event, goes good with the Rainbow Dash hair....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Hansontoons wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:Or the Central Canada Comic Convention this November - plenty of time to plan for it! ;)
C'mon, why there??? Isn't there about 30ft of snow on the ground and the temperature -100 F by the time November comes around? And wolves! You might get eaten by wolves! Or bears!
Dude, Paul is from Minnesota. What with the weather & animals THERE, he's practically an Honourary Canadian. :lol:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

I have to do the obligatory plug for ECCC out here in Seattle, WA.
on the plus side, the weather wouldn't be too cold, nor too hot, however it would be a bit rainy...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Leak

Post by Leak »

Wapsi wrote:Here's one of the pics I did that they'll be auctioning at the convention to help the Minnesota Lupus Foundation. http://www.lupusmn.org
Well, if there's someone versed in killing wolves it's probably her... :)