My Location 2013-05-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Julie

Re: My Location 2013-05-14

Post by Julie »

Fairportfan wrote:Odd we should mention that:

(Mouseover text: "The strongest incentive we have to develop faster-than-light travel is that it would let us apologize in advance.")
Now I have the Badger song stuck in my head...
DilyV wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:I'm assuming this was not spoken in English, nor translated by the program. I'd say either:
  • Kath is translating (from subtext?) on-the-fly, utilizing her Rosetta welcome.
  • Brandi is speaking some language that Atsali understands (as a spoken language, at least).
  • The "sound" recording is actually a mental message, put in words by each witness seperately. (The welcome screen was visual only.)
... or it's a blunder ...
Orrrrrr.... Paul had to put it in a language we could read because trying to decipher glyph would have left us all going WTF????? LOL :lol:
HAHAHA!! Truth!!
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Leak

Post by Leak »

Julie wrote:Now I have the Badger song stuck in my head...
And now - save the badger badger badger...
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Fairportfan wrote: Image

(Mouseover text: "The strongest incentive we have to develop faster-than-light travel is that it would let us apologize in advance.")
Can I move to HP 56948? Then I'd have about a century free of broadcast pop culture!