Not Here 2013-04-29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Not Here 2013-04-29

Post by DilyV »

Um... is Suzi defying gravity? I mean she's hanging upside down and all... but we though Monica had good bras????

I foresee Lily and Suzi and gang being one or two steps behind every move they make... Sure the trail is still warm when they get there, but then the keystone cops were always on a hot trail too... round and round and round....
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Fairportfan

Re: Not Here 2013-04-29

Post by Fairportfan »

"Soldier kids".

* snrk *
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

DilyV wrote:Um... is Suzi defying gravity? I mean she's hanging upside down and all... but we though Monica had good bras????
That's pretty much what I was thinking, "How the hell are those things not in her face?"
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

So, Suzi doesn't seem to know about stargating. Or, at least, she didn't expect to find a stargate terminal shoehorned into a triangular opening in a cliff wall out in the southwest.

Do these two ever really talk to one another? :roll:
DilyV wrote:Um... is Suzi defying gravity? I mean she's hanging upside down and all... but we though Monica had good bras????
Based on what Dracula was often portrayed doing (e.g. climbing down the outside of his castle, head downwards) I've sorta concluded that a partial gravitational inversion field probably comes as part of the vampire equipment package... it's a standard option. Suzi isn't hanging, she's just standing upside down on a projecting rock located a few feet above the opening. Or, maybe, the MIB have access to some really nifty Lanthian-derived fabrics, better even than carbon nanofiber and golden orb weaver silk. :geek:
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Yeah, it kinda reminded me of http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=829

"Suction cups? No way. Anti-gravity cups."

Though I dare say this one at least hints at the effects of gravity. Most notably her hair, mind ...
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

For a change I was right about the monday strip. Back to Lilly and Suzi. I am surprised they did not follow through the gate to chase after Kathy and Sali. But Lilly may figure it's a waste of time. I would take her comments to indicate she does recognize a gate and what it means. I suspect she knows that following through the gate would probably mean missing the Mesa Verde meeting.

INVITE: Party at Mesa Verde! BYOS. (Bring Your Own Spider)
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Sidhekin wrote:Yeah, it kinda reminded me of http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=829

"Suction cups? No way. Anti-gravity cups."

Though I dare say this one at least hints at the effects of gravity. Most notably her hair, mind ...
Well Suzi does have a lot of hang ups.

Deposits one anitgravity belt into the jar.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

DilyV wrote:I foresee Lily and Suzi and gang being one or two steps behind every move they make... Sure the trail is still warm when they get there, but then the keystone cops were always on a hot trail too... round and round and round....
No they are going to take the shortcut and cut them off at the pass ... er, Mesa Verde.

Mean while, Kathryn and company are in Mapimi learning the secrets they will have to decide if they are going to share with the MIB when they arrive at Mesa Verde, later.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Kinda hate to make this point. But in the last frame a part of Suzi is drawn defying gravity wrong. If her hair hangs down other things will as well, and they are not.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Maybe she had a bat earlier. But yeah; they're hanging at her shoulders not in her face. Maybe MIB girls go to the same bra architect Monica uses.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Turn it upside down, and you'll more easily see that other things are indeed hanging, er, up (since it's upside down).

Her collar. And, yes, her breasts. Their deformation is consistent with the pull of gravity and the lift of the bra both being reversed.

It's somewhat more subtle than I was expecting though, suggesting, as DilyV and Wyvern noted, a good bra. Hey, she's had more than a century to find good dealers – cut her some slack. 8-)

DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:Kinda hate to make this point. But in the last frame a part of Suzi is drawn defying gravity wrong. If her hair hangs down other things will as well, and they are not.
While it would be totally hilarious to see, I don't think Paul will go back and fix this titular mistake...

*Tosses a vintage Playtex cross your heart bra into he punjar*
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
nerf-dweller

Post by nerf-dweller »

How in the world is Suzi's glasses staying on her nose while she's hanging upside down? Is that some Wapsiverse Vampire schtick like the sparklely kind in other world?
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Er, even my glasses stay on my nose when I'm upside down (which is not too often, thankfully).

The, um, temple arms (is that the term?) curve over and (somewhat) behind the ears, pulling the pads to rest on the bridge of my nose, near its root, no matter how I turn.

Or they'd slide down my nose in any vigorous activity ...

(If anything, they stay in place even more soundly when I'm upside down – it's easier for the glasses to slide down my nose than to slide up over the brow ridge. But I guess a larger proboscis and/or smaller ridge may give other results.)

Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Fairportfan wrote:"Soldier kids".

* snrk *
When you're 5000 years old, everybody who isn't an ageless immortal is a kid to you. And even the ageless immortals are young pups if they haven't been around long.
Dave wrote:So, Suzi doesn't seem to know about stargating. Or, at least, she didn't expect to find a stargate terminal shoehorned into a triangular opening in a cliff wall out in the southwest.

Do these two ever really talk to one another? :roll:
When was that going to come up in course of normal conversation.

"Hey, did you file the paperwork on the Guteierez case?"

"Yeah."

"Good. By the way, I can operate Anasasi stargates because I'm one of the last remaining Anasasi."

"...what?"
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Wyvern wrote:

Maybe she had a bat earlier. But yeah; they're hanging at her shoulders not in her face. Maybe MIB girls go to the same bra architect Monica uses.
Well, Lydia did say she had a government order for those bras...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
as363

Post by as363 »

So now we have Larry , Curly , and Mo(re) . Starring in "A comedy of Errors !
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Welcome to the Spider Triangle when all angles are wrong and gravity does not work.

Point one: The triangle hollow holding the star gate is in, is an inverted triangle. One pointed end is pointing down to make up the top half of the hourglass on the spider carving. So Lilly is actually kneeling on the ceiling, or one of the sides, without regard to the actual orientation of the triangle.

Point two: Suzy's hair is either pointing straight up or down. If she is at the triangle point that is down her hair is pointing up. If she is at one of the others her hair is at 60 degrees to vertical. It is still pointing straight.

Point three: I've heard of push up bra's but not push down bra's.

Point four: Suzy is using w-a-a-a-a-y to much hair spray or mousse.

Point five: If Suzy get's her ass down there, where is she really supposed to take it to? Lilly is not down anywhere!

I've heard of climbing the walls in frustration but this is ridiculous.

Deposits my used HP Wand kit into the pun jar.
Julie

Post by Julie »

jwhouk wrote:
Wyvern wrote:

Well, Lydia did say she had a government order for those bras...
Truth! :) I bet that someone higher up felt the need to corral those puppies before someone else got hurt (namely the poor readers of this comic who would likely choke to death upon seeing a massive wardrobe malfunction like that). :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
RunningBull

Post by RunningBull »

I noticed that they called her "Dr." Gilchrist this time. So, now the crew goes to Mesa Verde, I assume Brandi fills them in, but would she send them over to Mapimi? Would she need to?
"You're not going crazy! You're going sane in a crazy world!"
- The Tick