See You At Mesa Verde 2013-04-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

See You At Mesa Verde 2013-04-25

Post by shadowinthelight »

Well that just cleared everything up.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Re: See You At Mesa Verde 2013-04-25

Post by Fairportfan »

Atsali's got a new crush!
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Even with the poit I don't think that was Brandi at all. I can't see her playing that type of game on Kathy without a lot better reason than any one we've seen.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Fairportfan wrote:Atsali's got a new crush!
Yep. Now she just needs a poster to hang over her bed. BTW does Brandi have a theme song? I'm sure Sali needs a new ring tone.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

zachariah wrote:BTW does Brandi have a theme song? I'm sure Sali needs a new ring tone.
UTFO - Split Personality
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

No, Atsali, you don't.

At least, you really don't want to have to grow up and lose your innocence in the way Brandi did. What you would surely lose in the process, could be much more of yourself than you can imagine. Being suave, cool, and able to poit ain't worth the price.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

zachariah wrote:Even with the poit I don't think that was Brandi at all. I can't see her playing that type of game on Kathy without a lot better reason than any one we've seen.
I can. Remember, Brandi kept herself in the dark about what had to be done to Monica to destroy the Calendar Machine.

Brandi knows that certain secrets have been kept from the Library for a good reason. She has arranged for some one she trusts (Katherine) who has a healthy fear of authority to discover and control those secrets that is still part of her circle.

In other words, Senior Director Odoya just gave Katherine a huge promotion.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Brandi: "I don't like myself when I think like that." In that case, Brandi's gonna have words with director Odoya when they face each other next morning.

In the mirror.....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

That last frame, Brandi sounds like May...
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

NOTDilbert wrote:Brandi: "I don't like myself when I think like that." In that case, Brandi's gonna have words with director Odoya when they face each other next morning.

In the mirror.....
Probably. If Brandi is even aware of SD Odoya. Still, it makes sense. Katherine is probably the best person to discover the secrets at Mapami and decide if the universe at large is ready for them. While she is part of those "in the know" she is not part of the inner circle of Monica, Phix, Shelly and the GGG s. She'll be able to best decide what needs to be known, who needs to know it, and what needs to remain hidden.

I'll I'll admit SDO's methods are a bit... unorthodox.
Last edited by Boxilar on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

1. Atsali recognizes a vampire when she sees one. But I don't think she thought to tell Kath until now; or at least, we have not been privy to that infodump.
2. Lily, vampire, dreadlocks girl – Pratt didn't introduce herself, yet they're all on the same page. Did K&A assume Brandi knew they talked to her, and only her?
2b. Oh, and did Oduya know that? The logistics are kinda messed up by now.
3. "Miss Gilchrist" didn't twig, at least not visibly, to the formality (and personality) switch. I'm weirdly disappointed.
4. Kath has been sent up as "scout", and is now not just "leading" this "mission", but also sent up as controller of "any secrets". "The Hell?!" indeed.

One thing that has been lurking in the back of my mind, is how "part of" Bud "went with Monica", "guarding her", during the portal cloth retrieval: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/motherhen/

I'm wondering wheter (a) "part of" indicates that the girls can sorta be in two places at once, and (b) "guarding her" suggests a potential explanation to the Wile E. Coyote stunts.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

I think Atsali not telling Katherine pretty much anything can be chalked up to Atsali assuming Kath knew more than she actually does. In the Siren's eyes, Katherine is an adult who has access to the Library. She should know these things.

As far as what Lily knows? I'm guessing, not much. "Go to this location, Meet Dr. Gilchrist She's our scout for this mission. Do whatever she asks you to do and provide her with full support.

Naturally, Pratt assumes Kath is up to speed with what is going on and is floored when Kath and Atsali take out the helicopters.

At this point, Lily probably still doesn't know who did that.

As far as Bud going with Monica, maybe it was similar to what M manifested when she first displayed her astral fire healing technique, except that As only a portion of Bids soul went with her.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

I didn't mean to question what Lily knows – nor did I mean to add to the confusion; sorry. :)

I meant to note that Brandi is talking about "Lily", and though K&A haven't heard that name, they both know who she's talking about.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Ah, I see your point. Maybe Lily introduced herself off panel?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Most of the holes we are talking about appeared because of what this Brandi said. From the strip referenced the act of sending a part of yourself elsewhere is easy to master. Brandi probably did and could be using it here. But here it seems like there are several different personalities operating through Brandi, or using her image without permission.(Boy is that a copy-write violation) We right now have three different sets of facts out of Brandi and she has contradicted herself at least twice about who and what she knows. Add in static interference and it's gotta make you wonder.
as363

Post by as363 »

AAAAAAHHH - Fem-bots of the world unite !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -
(Quantum Vibes by Scott Bieser)
eee

Post by eee »

Sidhekin wrote:I didn't mean to question what Lily knows – nor did I mean to add to the confusion; sorry. :)

I meant to note that Brandi is talking about "Lily", and though K&A haven't heard that name, they both know who she's talking about.
Logical deduction, I would assume. A woman with Native American features who seemed to be in charge of the MiB expedition was the one who spoke to A&K; Senior Director Oduya spoke of an Anasazi female who's part of the MiB group. So that they're the same person would seem a reasonable guess.

On a different question, after consideration I've concluded Brandi would HAVE to be aware of SDO if this is a case of split personality. There'd be hours of her life disappearing from her memory, she'd be being told that people she doesn't know would know her, and she's apparently aware that she runs the MiB and in fact set that agency up, as well as did some extremely heavy lifting herself in establishing the Vimana Cell network. All this couldn't be escaping her notice; she must know.

And there's the deal with the demons she made. This may be it.
Julie

Post by Julie »

My reaction was in the same vein as Dave's...
Atsali wrote:*squeeeeee* I wanna be her when I grow up!
Umm...no honey, you don't. You see, it would take a seriously traumatic series of events to create that kind of personality and...hey! Are you even paying attention, young lady?!?

:P

Also, I'm really glad today isn't Friday. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

If Brandi had two (or more) personalities, Bud and Jin would know. They have been together for thousands of years. Something like that would have come out. I don't know who this is, but it is not Brandi! And I think Katherine realizes that.

She said that she, Jin, and Bud were sent to different places by the Library, but there has been no indication in the past that the Library has any control over any of the GG.. As far as we know, the only controlling source outside of themselves is Monica.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Sidhekin wrote:.
2. Lily, vampire, dreadlocks girl – Pratt didn't introduce herself, yet they're all on the same page. Did K&A assume Brandi knew they talked to her, and only her?
Well, Suzi looks rather Scots/Irish, not a likely look for an Anasazi.

Also, come to think, Atsali never saw Suzi - at least, i figure, not close enough to spot that she's a vampire.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber