Last Two 2013-04-24

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Jabberwonky

Last Two 2013-04-24

Post by Jabberwonky »

o_0
That's an interesting loading screen...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Mark N

Re: Last Two 2013-04-24

Post by Mark N »

Someone has a rather robotic tick going on there.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

My second guess yesterday after "Brandi is lying her ass off" was "Brandi has a second personality the first may not be aware of." I think Senior Director Odoya just showed up.

Edit; it was my third guess, after "Lying her ass off" and "it's probably really Nudge".

At least it wasn't alternate universe Brandi.
Last edited by Boxilar on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Well, whoever that REALLY is, her holocostume seems to have a short in it *krzt* *paf*
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Mark N wrote:Someone has a rather robotic tick going on there.
:D
See if she's got 'Life Model Decoy (TM) S.H.E.I.L.D. Technologies' stamped on her butt.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

That could be a hologram, or the library has override censorship of the GG and what they reveal.

Now who is Marcie?

Lilly is Anasazi!!! I kinda felt those folks would be showing up in this eventually.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

zachariah wrote:That could be a hologram, or the library has override censorship of the GG and what they reveal.

Now who is Marcie?

Lilly is Anasazi!!! I kinda felt those folks would be showing up in this eventually.
That's part of the phrase "Puerta de Hayu Marca", a place name. Not Marcie. I hope.
Yeah, either a hologram or left-brain and right-brain Brandi are fighting for control of who drives....
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Heheheh..

"Brandi"'s Gastric trouble made me LOL hard. Someone fed "Brandi" ansjovies? (note the quotation marks) :lol:

So, the "double Brandi/shapeshifter as Brandi-people were right, me thinks. But who ís it... The funny rudeness of the sounds somehow say "Nudge"to me, but then again, I am more often wrong than right.

Oh, could also be Maya, still a bit hung over from her constant cocktail-drinking, hence the burps and other sounds...

tbh. I have nó clue whatsoever.
Last edited by Jay-Em on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

So, are we on an adventure to fix another broken golem?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

And "Puerta de Hayu Marca" means "to step into the gate of the gods". Apparently the Bibliotheki does Google....
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

zachariah wrote:Lilly is Anasazi!!! I kinda felt those folks would be showing up in this eventually.

I think the term "living" is stretching things a bit.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Brandi has two different personalities in one body. DAMMIT all TO HELL! This changes things.

So Bud and Jin were also called into search for our missing heroines. Interesting. I wonder who else has been called into play?

Lily is Anasazi.......there's a hook I wasn't expecting at all. I wonder who the second Anasazi is?
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Jabberwonky wrote:See if she's got 'Life Model Decoy (TM) S.H.E.I.L.D. Technologies' stamped on her butt.

I'm willing to examine Brandi's butt for as long as it may take. :)
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

I really hope the "guerk"s are because this "Brandi" is actually some kind of substitute, so we do not have the horror of another malfunctioning golem. OTOH, I really hope the "guerk"s are *NOT* because this "Brandi" is some kind of substitute...
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Okay, I'll count this as a very strong point for "multiple Brandies" in one (clay) body.

And if that's the case, I'm not sure that's to be counted as a malfunction: It seems to work out nicely.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

txmystic wrote:I really hope the "guerk"s are because this "Brandi" is actually some kind of substitute, so we do not have the horror of another malfunctioning golem. OTOH, I really hope the "guerk"s are *NOT* because this "Brandi" is some kind of substitute...
I supose if you consider a multiple personality a malfunction. The trauma Brandi went through may have forced her to to seperate out that part of herself who sees people as pawns on the chess board and alowed her to make the deal with the demon world. Hell, part of the deal may have been making Senior Director Odoya a seperate and distinct personality that the Brandi we know hs no knowledge of. It's possible that what Brandi has thought was the Library directing things was actually the senior Director all along. Consider that Brandi (either version) can POIT and while she can't be two palces at once, she can be anywhere in existance that she's been before instantaniously. Time will tell if the others, or how many of them, know about this.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Now, now, now...let's wait for a second on Multiple Golem Disorder.

*gurk*
*pbbbth*
*gock*
*guerk*

Senior Director Oduya is Brandi under Stinky's mind control powers! :o
What the Heck.gif
What the Heck.gif (29.47 KiB) Viewed 12952 times
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

It does seem as if the one we know as Brandi just went from regular old Brandi, the good natured fly catcher, shopping lover (as shown in the first panel), to Senior Director Brandilyn Oduya in the last panel, after that brain fart. Her look even changed. If you look back, you can see that same sort of expression on her in the comics where she's talking to Lily. The Brandi we knew before may not even be aware of her Senior Director personality. OTOH, I think the Senior Director is aware of her other self since she didn't suddenly wonder WTF she was doing there.

What's also odd is that Kath doesn't seem to have noticed. If she has she's not letting on.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Hmmm.. *scratching beardy* Brandi seems to be a split-personality in the extreme then?

Sounds plausible, and might, indeed, be her way of dealing with extreme trauma.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
eee

Post by eee »

Stigmartyr762 wrote:Brandi has two different personalities in one body. DAMMIT all TO HELL! This changes things.
Hear hear. Look at the change in expression between Brandi in the first few panels and in the last. The former is normal Brandi; the latter is Senior Director Oduya, the Chessmaster. Given the horror of what she went through, Disassociative Identity / Multiple Personality Disorder is perfectly understandable. Or this might be part of the deal she made with the Demons. Brandi said during her outburst to Monica after Jin was reset that at some point she had to step back, become more pedestrian, and stop treating people like chess pieces: apparently she did that by becoming two people in one body.

This explains why Brandi said the MiB would 'supposedly' recognize her. Normal Brandi would have no memory of ever meeting Lily or any of the others. I wonder if she knows about her second self?