Back Off 2013-04-09

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Back Off 2013-04-09

Post by jwhouk »

Angry Lilly is angry.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
shadowinthelight

Re: Back Off 2013-04-09

Post by shadowinthelight »

Even "mosquitoes" can do damage.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Timestamps were the same but yours got the first reply. But when I went to delete mine your comment kept me from being able too. Now we're stuck with it. lol. I watched to see which one got the first reply.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

OOoooh, she's mad. LOL!!

This ain't going to look good on the ole record.

Katherine has officially made her first enemy.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

She is really pissed, and I don't blame her as she probably had to sign for the equipment before the mission. But was the order actually given, or did she just assume it was given. From her comment she just assumed the troops would guard them. A good leader doesn't leave little things like that to chance.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Stigmartyr762 wrote: Katherine has officially made her first enemy.
I doubt this made Lily her enemy after all it wasn't personal. She is mad because it won't look good on her record. Especially after all the problems she has on her record. This little oopsie isn't going to help come promotion time.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

"I've eaten people smarter than you!"

Not many can get to say that and mean it....

Jwhouk -- if u delete your comment, then zachariah can delete the thread.

Oh ya -- just what were the looking for anyway that Kat and company led the way?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Atomic wrote:"I've eaten people smarter than you!"

Not many can get to say that and mean it....

Oh ya -- just what were the looking for anyway that Kat and company led the way?
The line in the TV show Once was made to Red. "You've got someone on your lip."

After landing they probably went toward the cliff carving to offer help to Kathy and Sali. Lily assumed Kathy agreed to accept their help and so did the rest of the team. Kathy did help that impression along but she never actually say she would team up with them.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Ah, Suzi is there.

And she gets to be the level-headed, rational one.

For once.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

That's not a good thing to tell your crew. If I were one of them and had a sidearm, I'd be fondling the hand-grip about now. Not to mention the fact one of them may turn into something a lot more powerful than a lowly vampire, this being the MIB of the Wapsiverse.

Thing is, Lilly, YOU are in charge. It was up to you to insure a guard was posted.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
as363

Post by as363 »

One thing that I've been wondering about - we toss out M.I.B - which implies a tie to the movies (funny and neat that they were). But this is Wapsi land and not everything is what it seems . What if M stood for manipulators ? And I stood for interrupter ? I know there are several factions among the entire cast of characters that we have been exposed to...now which group would be in favor of Kath not finding what she has been seeking.
Just saying...
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Whomsoever hid it from The Library...
(ominous musical riff)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Hoooooolyyyy crap!!!! If there was any doubt by the crews what Lily was, there is none now!!! Lookit them choppers!!! Angry much, Lily?

I get the feeling with the youngish look of the other crew members and the fact that at least one eats caramel latte popcicles, that as soon as they landed they all went to the rim of the crater to get a look at the big spider carving. With a boss like Lily, you only get to make that mistake once. Looks like she sees them all as red shirts now!

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14&start=940#p16156
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
sheik

Post by sheik »

DilyV wrote:Hoooooolyyyy crap!!!! If there was any doubt by the crews what Lily was, there is none now!!! Lookit them choppers!!! Angry much, Lily?

I get the feeling with the youngish look of the other crew members and the fact that at least one eats caramel latte popcicles, that as soon as they landed they all went to the rim of the crater to get a look at the big spider carving. With a boss like Lily, you only get to make that mistake once. Looks like she sees them all as red shirts now!
I suspect that taking out her anger on the mundane crewmen is strictly verboten.
Considering just how low in the pecking order vampires are, could she really do much more than vent her anger without getting snuffed herself?
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

zachariah wrote:
Stigmartyr762 wrote: Katherine has officially made her first enemy.
I doubt this made Lily her enemy after all it wasn't personal. She is mad because it won't look good on her record. Especially after all the problems she has on her record. This little oopsie isn't going to help come promotion time.
Some people have made enemies for much less than what Kath has done. Since Katherine is a personal friend of Monica's, there is little Lily can do to her, but still, Kath has made an enemy.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

(Deleted the post from the other thread.)

This whole storyline is starting to get more Indiana Jones-ish as it goes - random encounters, a long-term goal, over-the-top bad guys and clueless good guys.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
eee

Post by eee »

Lily's reaction is a bit puzzling to me. If it were me, I'd be going "OMG!!! WTF JUST HAPPENED?!? Who just wiped out our helicopters? The Siren? Why? Why was one crashed into the alcove? Is Dr. Gilchrist still alive? WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!? And what do we do now?"

It's be... unpleasant... if one of the MiBs HAD stayed behind to watch the copters and was in the back of the one when Atsali opened up on it and blew it to pieces...
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Oohkay... Still. Something keeps bugging me in a majour way. Why, oh why, all the wanton destruction? I can fully understand Lily's frustration. Shé's apparently the Mission's leader, and she is the one that has to explain to her superiors, The Library, or Brandi, what the heck went on.

Unless...

Unless Mark N's comment yesterday was the solution: all of this is some elaborate plan by Brandy to "see" if someone she eyes as a deep-MIB-operative, is smart enough to distrust anything that looks too easy, and is prepared to do éverything to prevent interference with a mission.(and all of that, preferably, without casualties. Could be important to Brandi, given her remorse over the glazing of a part of the earth, and her general refusal to kill)

Katherine, cooky as she is, is apparently smart, very véry smart. Ánd she keeps a cool head under duresse (we'll forgive her the fainting when confronted with Phix). All qualities very much appreciated from intelligence-operatives (!)

On that note: we stíll do not know whát exactly she did in the airforce. My experience withthose that háve been involved in Intelligence, is that they keep mum about it, ánd that none, NONE of them had even the slightest resemblance with the movie-variations of "secret agents".

They were all...well.. "Bland", and very unobtrusive. Forgettable, even (ahaaa... Remember that Monica wasn't really aware of Katherine's existence in the beginning? Okhay, M isn't exactly the epitome of "good attention-span", but still...

Some things to ponder, while I quietly sip my Latte -no sugar, please- in the Confusion Corner.
Last edited by Jay-Em on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

DilyV wrote:Hoooooolyyyy crap!!!! If there was any doubt by the crews what Lily was, there is none now!!! Lookit them choppers!!! Angry much, Lily?

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14&start=940#p16156

Nâh, unlikely.

Lily's superior only has to utter these lines: Eating Your crew? Off to the Sphinx You go. You can be an assistant Librarian.....for those few last seconds of your existence...

After all. As I see it, The MIB in the Wapsiverse are there to protect people/earth from all sorts of supernatural threats. That was the intent of Bud and Brandi, when they instigated The MIB. Their way of atoni g for their sins. Added to that: If your boss can flatten planets, if she pleases so, would you risk angering her by killing your crew in a fit of frustration? (By the way, whère is Bud. I miss her brand of "crazy")

Lily is just super-pissed that her attempt to make a good impression on her new job, got thwarted by a rather destructive collision with Katherine's paranoia....
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Jay-Em wrote: Unless Mark N's comment yesterday was the solution: all of this is some elaborate plan by Brandy to "see" if someone she eyes as a deep-MIB-operative, is smart enough to distrust anything that looks too easy, and is prepared to do éverything to prevent interference with a mission.(and all of that, preferably, without casualties. Could be important to Brandi, given her remorse over the glazing of a part of the earth, and her general refusal to kill)
It's pretty sure Brandi did not take a hand in this game. The Library is the player instead. I kind of doubt the Library is working for Brandi. The bigger question is why is the library taking a hand in this game?