Kerplunk Kerplooie 2013-04-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Sphinx-Napped

Re: Kerplunk Kerplooie 2013-04-04

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

did i miss a update?

how did we go from the copter going kablooie to going thru a portal. i mean i remember the hand print activating but we really didn't see what the hand print was activating , sorry if i sound confused because its like we're missing something in between the time astil slams into kath that causes her to fall into this page
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Katherine activated the portal a ways inside the cliffside opening (offscreen, but that's the assumption).

Atsali aimed the chopper at the opening in the cliffside.

She jumped free seconds before impact, transformed.

Swooped forward into the opening (presumably transforming again as she did, since her wingspan would never clear).

And, presumably, as she came arrowing into the opening at sixty MPH or so, grabbed Katherine in her arms and allowed her momentum to carry both of them through the portal.

=====================

Too bad that Shelly has been de-portalised; imagine Katherine and Atsali coming bursting out of THAT portal just as Shelly and Justin are about to ... well ... do almost anything, actually.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Or Kath and Sali would get stuck in the boiler room with Connie. :shock:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
zachariah

Re: Kerplunk Kerplooie 04-04-2013

Post by zachariah »

MerchManDan wrote:
zachariah wrote:There is also the possibility they are no longer on earth. One of the tribes in the area Kath was in did just disappear leaving little or no trace of where they went. Best guess is they just migrated due to climate changes but in this universe they could have gone elsewhere.
Unless the Vimana Cell Network that Brandi set up has just been taken down - an event that I hope we-the-viewers would have noticed - I'm pretty sure they're still on Earth.
That network was set up to keep others out, not us in. It makes no sense for Brandu to set up a prison around the earth. So it shouldn't stop portals allowing travel from and back to earth.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Kingmaker wrote:And Atsali, you would think with a wingspan like that she could have zipped through the portal and stopped herself from falling down those long stairs. Maybe even saved Kath the bruises her bruises have.
More likely she had to retract her wings to be sure she would fit through the portal.

Depending on how they are built hitting the edge of a portal with a limb could be very bad (instant amputation), better not to chance it.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

Yea this is what i mean we are missing the choice made i mean seeing bird girl go out with her wings and kath activating the the portal but we have no idea if she did what we ak think, at least the the new pages explains some of what happened thanks for that waspi at least you are trying to clear up things that happened{some comics don't even care to explain]
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Sphinx-Napped wrote:{some comics don't even care to explain]
Some comics assume - rightly or wrongly - that the readers can draw inferences from what's shown about what hasn't been shown.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
MerchManDan

Re: Kerplunk Kerplooie 04-04-2013

Post by MerchManDan »

zachariah wrote:That network was set up to keep others out, not us in. It makes no sense for Brandu to set up a prison around the earth. So it shouldn't stop portals allowing travel from and back to earth.
Perhaps not, but that still doesn't prove that Kath & Astali are on some other planet. Occam's Razor: "Among competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected."
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
eee

Post by eee »

shadowinthelight wrote:Or Kath and Sali would get stuck in the boiler room with Connie. :shock:
Atsali would be bouncing off the walls in terror.

Kath... Kath has been so full of surprises, Connie might be afraid of HER! :o
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The reason why "Connie" would be afraid of Kath is because she creeps Shelly out.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

jwhouk wrote:The reason why "Connie" would be afraid of Kath is because she creeps Shelly out.
i'm not sure about that, we know that TINA creeps Shelly out, because Shelly said she did, but... i'm not counting the one time that Monica invited Kat out for drinks with the gang... i think that creepy-factor was just because of the sweaty-clammy handshake not that she was categorizing Kat as "creepy" in total...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

You need to factor in Shelly's intense dislike of spiders, too.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Holy smokes, that's right! Could Shelly's arachnophobia have been some sort of premonition regarding Kath & her part in this story?
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

scantrontb wrote:
jwhouk wrote:The reason why "Connie" would be afraid of Kath is because she creeps Shelly out.
i'm not sure about that, we know that TINA creeps Shelly out, because Shelly said she did, but... i'm not counting the one time that Monica invited Kat out for drinks with the gang... i think that creepy-factor was just because of the sweaty-clammy handshake not that she was categorizing Kat as "creepy" in total...
Or maybe it was the eyes. http://wapsisquare.com/comic/09292003/
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.