Keep Looking 2013-02-21

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Keep Looking 2013-02-21

Post by Fairportfan »

>You enter a room. There is nothing t see except a ladder leading downward through a hole in the floor.

>DOWN

>You climb down the ladder. You are in an empty room. To the east there is a door. There is a sign above the door: "Welcome to the Great Underground Empire"

>EAST

===================

Even the Great Underground Empire would be an improvement on the current situation!
Last edited by Fairportfan on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Re: Keep Looking 2013-02-21

Post by Jabberwonky »

I'm worried about Kat's brain going critical! :o
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

The blurry rumble effect is making me feel like I'm watching a 3D movie without the special glasses.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Is Katherine having problems with her leg?
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Fairportfan wrote:Is Katherine having problems with her leg?
It's hard to see with the blur and superimposed words but I don't think Kat is holding her leg. Looks to me like the shaking has her putting her hands out to get her balance.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I think Katherine sees something in the room besides Atsali and the ladder, something important that she doesn't want to have to leave behind. Also has anyone noticed that Atsali is no longer bleeding, but Kat still is?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

There is a door in the adjacent room. It just happens to be in the floor and not a wall.
Opus the Poet wrote:I think Katherine sees something in the room besides Atsali and the ladder, something important that she doesn't want to have to leave behind. Also has anyone noticed that Atsali is no longer bleeding, but Kat still is?
Could be she sees a picture of herself hanging on the wall.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
TheSkulker

Post by TheSkulker »

Fairportfan wrote:Is Katherine having problems with her leg?
Don't think so but she is dizzy and disoriented. See the stars (uh, asteroids), circling her head?
Her head cuts and bleeding indicate she must have taken a pretty good blow to her head.
Let's hope she doesn't have a concussion or worse, internal bleeding.
We want to see the unexpected! The strange and terrible!
A dream merely soothes - but our nightmares make us run!
GG 07-15-13
TheSkulker

Post by TheSkulker »

Opus the Poet wrote:Also has anyone noticed that Atsali is no longer bleeding, but Kat still is?
The bleeding has stopped but she is still holding her arm (per instructions), next to her body.
We want to see the unexpected! The strange and terrible!
A dream merely soothes - but our nightmares make us run!
GG 07-15-13
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Opus the Poet wrote:I think Katherine sees something in the room besides Atsali and the ladder, something important that she doesn't want to have to leave behind. Also has anyone noticed that Atsali is no longer bleeding, but Kat still is?
I think Kath is stunned that Atsali thinks a ladder leading down is just another door, not an escape route. Going down is risky but it might get them out of the unstable part of the building. Their entrance compromised the building but maybe not the whole building. This is also a sign of panic on Atsali's part as well. At this point Kath is realizing if anyone is going to save them it is her, and her alone.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

zachariah wrote:I think Kath is stunned that Atsali thinks a ladder leading down is just another door, not an escape route.
Actually, she apparently doesn't even think it's a door.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
wwf

Post by wwf »

Fairportfan wrote:
zachariah wrote:I think Kath is stunned that Atsali thinks a ladder leading down is just another door, not an escape route.
Reminds me of when I was at Atsali's age.
Picture a group of rowdy teenagers in a large station wagon with someone's mom driving.
The mom is backing out of a blind driveway.
The mom inches out the car.
Mom (to son): Are there any cars coming?
Son: No.
Mom pushes on the gas and lurches out into the street. HONK! SCREECH!
Mom (to son): I thought you said there were no cars coming!
Son: It was a truck.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Katherine, wounded and shaken or not, is realizing that she's going to have to do all the heavy thinking in this adventure.

Today's exchange is completely plausible to anyone who's ever worked tech support.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

wwf wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
Reminds me of when I was at Atsali's age.
Picture a group of rowdy teenagers in a large station wagon with someone's mom driving.
The mom is backing out of a blind driveway.
The mom inches out the car.
Mom (to son): Are there any cars coming?
Son: No.
Mom pushes on the gas and lurches out into the street. HONK! SCREECH!
Mom (to son): I thought you said there were no cars coming!
Son: It was a truck.
Heh-Heh Thats Funny, Johny. But T'aint the way I hear'd it. One feller says to another as hes backin' out arethere cars comin'? the other feller says "Nope just a dog" after the crash the first feller says "I thought you said a dog/" and the second feller said "Yup, a GREYHOUND!" :lol:
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Heh-Heh Thats Funny, Johny. But T'aint the way I hear'd it. One feller says to another as hes backin' out arethere cars comin'? the other feller says "Nope just a dog" after the crash the first feller says "I thought you said a dog/" and the second feller said "Yup, a GREYHOUND!" :lol:
Ha-Haa!
[voice="Little Girl"]Hey mister. Hey mister. You been keepin' that one in the hall closet, I betcha.[/voice]

Edit: Ooh, look what I found...
The infamous hall closet.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

KnightDelight wrote:There is a door in the adjacent room. It just happens to be in the floor and not a wall.
Could be she sees a picture of herself hanging on the wall.
Or yesterday's spider and kachina vase.
Jabberwonky wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:Heh-Heh Thats Funny, Johny. But T'aint the way I hear'd it. One feller says to another as hes backin' out arethere cars comin'? the other feller says "Nope just a dog" after the crash the first feller says "I thought you said a dog/" and the second feller said "Yup, a GREYHOUND!" :lol:
Ha-Haa!
[voice="Little Girl"]Hey mister. Hey mister. You been keepin' that one in the hall closet?[/voice]

Edit: Ooh, look what I found...
The infamous hall closet.
Said closet was later appropriated under mysterious circumstances by Phineas J. Whoopee, Man with All the Answers.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Wyvern wrote:Katherine, wounded and shaken or not, is realizing that she's going to have to do all the heavy thinking in this adventure.

Today's exchange is completely plausible to anyone who's ever worked tech support.
You're saying that Atsali couldn't find the "any" key?
as363

Post by as363 »

Jaberwonky said

Said closet was later appropriated under mysterious circumstances by Phineas J. Whoopee, Man with All the Answers.

It would be better if it was Phineas and Ferb - on one of their "Excellent Adventures" . Cause the Girl Scout troop is always in the wings - ready to rescue them. And they could provide a sling for the injured arm immediately - as well as a bandage for Kat's head. Girl Power par excellence !!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

I must say, I prefer a good old fashioned Wardrobe.

Now, combine an old wardrobe with the TARDIS, and you might get something near to interesting. Oh, and add Baker's Doctor, because scarves are sexy.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
starkruzr

Post by starkruzr »

Eesh, poor Kath. Her face is really jacked up. That nose must hurt.