Kitten, with fat guy

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

Kitten, with fat guy

Post by Fairportfan »

Here we have some fat guy whose beard badly needs trimming with Rocket snoozing on his ...chest.

Sorry that she's a touch out of focus in one - my arm's only so long, the camera is sorta heavy for one-handed use that way, and i couldn't see for sure exactly how the shot was lined up, so it focused slightly behind me rather than on her, and at that short range...

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Re: Kitten, with fat guy

Post by Dave »

Rocket rather resembles a young cat I just met today: Trilogy.

Trilogy is so named because she has only three legs (left-front is missing). She's a somewhat unusual rescue cat... one of a colony of feral cats living in my town, she was found limping along by a concerned citizen and turned in to the Humane Society. She had been shot... more than once... her injured leg had to be amputated and apparently they pulled at least two .22 bullets out of her. A local group donated the coniderable cost of her surgery and rehab, the Society put her up for adoption, my friends were among numerous applicants and (after two home visits to check out the house) were judged suitable to take proper care of Trilogy.

She's quite shy but very curious. Hobbles around fairly slowly on three limbs, but I was told she can run so well and quickly you'd never know she is missing a leg... goes up the stairs to her favorite room in a flash. When one of her caretakers was holding her, she did allow me to gently caress her (very soft and silky fur) and give her a light cheek-rub. It apparently took months (and some sort of anti-anxiety meds) for her to become comfortable even with her new adoptive parents... she's had more trauma during kittenhood than any sentient being should have to face in a lifetime.

I have rather uncharitable feelings (to say the least) towards whatever low-life decided to use her for target practice.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Dave wrote:I have rather uncharitable feelings (to say the least) towards whatever low-life decided to use her for target practice.
Ever read Keith Laumer's story "The Exterminator"?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:
Dave wrote:I have rather uncharitable feelings (to say the least) towards whatever low-life decided to use her for target practice.
Ever read Keith Laumer's story "The Exterminator"?
No, that's one Laumer story I had never encountered... thanks!

Only one probem with the solution posited therein... how does the new exterminator avoid being reclassified? Seems like a rather limited career path ;)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Reminds me of my friends kitty Felix, only less white on face. Her preggers mama showed up during a snowstorm, and my Mother, despite injuring herself severely, took care of her until her litter was birthed and weaned(aka mama kitty left). The resulting four kittens were found homes. Felix was solid black until a few days before he was supposed to be delivered to her Mother, who has a preference for black felines. Her children fell for him, and after a few name ideas, my son said, "Hey Auntie, he looks just like Felix...you know , like on my movies?" The name stuck.

ImageAs a kitten

ImageWhat happens when my son plays with cameras(and why he got one for Christmas two years ago).

My son says she needs lots of hugs and toys and treats, and that she is cute.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir