Getting Outta Here 2013-02-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
txmystic

Re: Getting Outta Here 2013-02-12

Post by txmystic »

Fairportfan wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote: Great, you gave me the mental image of Katherine riding Atsali in a game of Joust.
Never did get any good at that one.

I usually got good at the ones others didn't (aside from Donkey Kong).
Joust was a different Animal.

I was best at Donkey Kong, Xevious, Berserk/Robotron, Time Pilot, and Galaga, but never got as good as I wanted at Defender/Stargate, Tempest, Missile Command or PACMAN.

A fresh roll of quarters was an incredible thing.

I still play Arkanoid on my computer. IMHO the best thing to ever happen to Breakout.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Am I weird that my first thought at seeing where this is going was "WHEEEEE!!!!"? :) I can't say I'd be any better off than Atsali were I actually in that situation, but from here it certainly looks like it will be a fun ride.

(Yes, I'm aware that this kind of reaction is likely what led Atsali to believe she would enjoy an Adventure of stereotypical proportions, but at least I'm well aware that the emotional experiences from reading and reality don't always align. :P)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

jwhouk wrote:
St. Cynic wrote: The pun jar is patiently awaiting the flock of you.
The pun vault has just achieved SEO and has apparently started docking procedures with the International Space Station.
If anything could afford the ticket price it could. Considering how many different things has been put in that means it has a lot of things that can be used for kinetic strikes from orbit. It is quiet possible that it is getting ready to deliver some serious mail.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

zachariah wrote:
jwhouk wrote:
St. Cynic wrote: The pun jar is patiently awaiting the flock of you.
The pun vault has just achieved SEO and has apparently started docking procedures with the International Space Station.
If anything could afford the ticket price it could. Considering how many different things has been put in that means it has a lot of things that can be used for kinetic strikes from orbit. It is quiet possible that it is getting ready to deliver some serious mail.
See the previous day's thread for the reason.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:
B_Rud wrote:I'm pleased to see Katherine taking relative control of the situation.
Yes she is and it is a good sign. This is an excellent example of putting the cart before the force.
*doesn't say a word... just points solemnly at the punjar*

Then giggles my butt off...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Atsali is your typical 15 year old... fearless up to the point where they realize they've gotten themselves, and most likely someone else, into a situation they can't hope to control... then they just fall apart! This is the very reason why kids shouldn't try to grow up too soon. How many times have we seen young teens trying to act like adults and all that entails? At this point, Atsali is good for nothing but dead weight in the cart to hopefully give them momentum going downhill... Not that going down into a rickety old mine that is at this moment being blasted by a ton of old dynamite is a good thing...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

zachariah wrote:
B_Rud wrote:I'm pleased to see Katherine taking relative control of the situation.
Yes she is and it is a good sign. This is an excellent example of putting the cart before the force.
In normal social situations, Katherine is uncertain and sort of goes allong for the ride. With real and deadly danger looming, she's become assertive and is taking charge. There's a passage in Bill Mauldin's WWII book "Up Front" where he says that the loud mouth, gungho guy folding under actual combat while the the quiet unobtrusive soldier stepping up to take charge when the fecal matter hits the occilating unit is a sterotype for a reason. It apparently happens quite a bit under real combat conditions.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Boxilar wrote:here's a passage in Bill Mauldin's WWII book "Up Front" where he says that the loud mouth, gungho guy folding under actual combat while the the quiet unobtrusive soldier stepping up to take charge when the fecal matter hits the occilating unit is a sterotype for a reason. It apparently happens quite a bit under real combat conditions.
Rodger Young
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Leak

Post by Leak »

Is it just me, or has Atsali shifted her legs into human form?

np: CoLD SToRAGE - Plasticity (Slipstream Volume 2)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

DilyV wrote:

The pun jar is currently in orbit and suffering from temporary amnesia due to blast effects. The first stage booster was a big one. So I assume you are pointing straight up, unless you have an accurate orbital track for it. I would make some sort of deposit but my teleportation device is down for spring cleaning right now.

That said. I put a case of the Hercules extra strength 90% dynamite. It will need a re-entry thruster eventually. Does this means the Pun Jar uses an Orion Drive?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Fairportfan wrote:
Boxilar wrote:here's a passage in Bill Mauldin's WWII book "Up Front" where he says that the loud mouth, gungho guy folding under actual combat while the the quiet unobtrusive soldier stepping up to take charge when the fecal matter hits the occilating unit is a sterotype for a reason. It apparently happens quite a bit under real combat conditions.
Rodger Young
Yes and Audie Murphy. I remember looking up Rodger Young after reading Starship Troopers when I was a kid.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Not to mention Alvin York, come to think.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

zachariah wrote:
DilyV wrote:

The pun jar is currently in orbit and suffering from temporary amnesia due to blast effects. The first stage booster was a big one. So I assume you are pointing straight up, unless you have an accurate orbital track for it. I would make some sort of deposit but my teleportation device is down for spring cleaning right now.

That said. I put a case of the Hercules extra strength 90% dynamite. It will need a re-entry thruster eventually. Does this means the Pun Jar uses an Orion Drive?
If it does, does that mean it's Radioactive?
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Boxilar wrote:
zachariah wrote:. . . I put a case of the Hercules extra strength 90% dynamite. It will need a re-entry thruster eventually. Does this means the Pun Jar uses an Orion Drive?
It seems to have a radio, and it's quite active. . . .

drops in a whisker radio, just for old time's sake.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Boxilar wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
Rodger Young
Yes and Audie Murphy. I remember looking up Rodger Young after reading Starship Troopers when I was a kid.
And the Asimov story "C-Chute."
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Boxilar wrote:
zachariah wrote:
An Orion drive will work with any type of explosive. It will depend on the mass of the object to be moved for the size of the blast. The drive concept is simple but very brute force. It was first proposed in 1947 and did offer a high energy, large lift capacity that exceeded any other method of propulsion at the time. A good example of it's proper use can be found in 'The Shiva Option' by David Weber and Steve White.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Leak wrote:Is it just me, or has Atsali shifted her legs into human form?

Yeah, I thought I was the only one to notice, and not to sound like an old perv or anything, she does have nice legs. Only meant as a compliment.
Dave

Post by Dave »

TheDOCTOR wrote:
Yeah, I thought I was the only one to notice, and not to sound like an old perv or anything, she does have nice legs. Only meant as a compliment.
She also seems to be wearing her Mighty Morphin' Power Sweater... it's adapting to the presence and absence of her wings somehow. I can't tell for sure if it has slits in the area of the scapulas?
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Dave wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:
She also seems to be wearing her Mighty Morphin' Power Sweater... it's adapting to the presence and absence of her wings somehow. I can't tell for sure if it has slits in the area of the scapulas?

I think the shirt seems to have no slits because it would ruin the illusion of being just another human teenager when she is out in the open. But I can (and have) been wrong about things in the Verse before.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

TheDOCTOR wrote:

Meh, she has bird legs.

Dropping a cuttlefish bone and an empty KFC bucket in the Pun Vault.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.