For that price, it'd better be at least 20% cooler

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

NOTDilbert

For that price, it'd better be at least 20% cooler

Post by NOTDilbert »

Dubai now has it's own car manufacturing company - W Motors.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/diamonds-ar ... 57614.html

If you're gonna rival a Lamborghini, try pricing it less than seven times the price of your competition....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Jabberwonky

Re: For that price, it'd better be at least 20% cooler

Post by Jabberwonky »

I've spent time in Dubai, ridiculously overpricing your goods just makes it more of a status symbol.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Damn you for getting me excited with the thread title, NOTDilbert. I thought someone had actually gone and built a pony car. :(
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

That WOULD be twenty percent cooler - if it flew....

BTW, no mention of tanned endangered animal body parts in the above link....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Also, no mention of the car transforming into a giant robot. Which had better damn well come standard.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

NOTDilbert wrote:That WOULD be twenty percent cooler - if it flew....

No, but there is the diamond-encrusted headlights and gold-plated hood there for ostentatious display of wealth.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

MerchManDan wrote:Also, no mention of the car transforming into a giant robot. Which had better damn well come standard.
Damn. Least I Could Do is still down, or I'd have linked Audi-bot.
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:

No, but there is the diamond-encrusted headlights and gold-plated hood there for ostentatious display of wealth.
What, no LeVian bling?
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
ShneekeyTheLost

MerchManDan wrote:Also, no mention of the car transforming into a giant robot. Which had better damn well come standard.
Eh, those were horrible, horrible movies and those involved with them should be ashamed of themselves. Pointless pandering to Detroit, hawking their crap for thirty pieces of silver. Humor that starts at sophmorish and rapidly takes a sharp dive in maturity level from there. And I will never, -never- forgive them for what they did to Devistator. What could have been the Crowning Moment of Awesome in the entire history of the silver screen became a sick joke.

I still want to see their CGI and SFX crew do a Grey Death Legion movie, just so I can see their version of an Atlas striding up over a rise... just keep Michael Bay as far away from it as possible. Peter Jackson, however, would be my first pick.
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:

What, no LeVian bling?
Of course not, that would actually be tasteful, you see. LeVian actually does quality artwork in addition to bling.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:

What, no LeVian bling?
Of course not, that would actually be tasteful, you see. LeVian actually does quality artwork in addition to bling.[/quote]Oh yeah? I got one word regarding that. Snooki.
Last edited by DinkyInky on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:
Eh, those were horrible, horrible movies and those involved with them should be ashamed of themselves.
For what it's worth, I was talking about Transformers in general, not the movies in particular. I haven't even seen the second or third.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

The second movie was pretty interesting. Megan Fox wears magical white pants that can repel every speck of dirt throughout the entire adventure. :P
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

There is no explanation for supercars like this, or Lambos or Ferraris or McLarens. For the money, though, I think I'd rather have something a bit more sensible, like a Tesla Roadster - if only I didn't have to buy it used.

EDIT: PLEASE do not let us start up another argument based on that last comment. I know how some on here got rather heated over electrics. I just like the Lotus Elise-styled body, and the kick of an electric motor just registers more on the "cool" scale than any F1 or Aventador.
Last edited by jwhouk on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
ShneekeyTheLost

shadowinthelight wrote:The second movie was pretty interesting. Megan Fox wears magical white pants that can repel every speck of dirt throughout the entire adventure. :P
I couldn't tell, it was drowned out by the stupid.

Reducing a kid's cartoon to a string of dick and fart jokes, racial stereotyping, 'niggah Jay and redneck Jay without anyone playing Silent Bob' as two main supporting characters, and... I will never -ever- forgive them for what they did to Devistator. What could have been a Crowning Moment of Awesome for movie-kind turned into a hoover with an excuse for yet another testicle joke.
jwhouk wrote:There is no explanation for supercars like this, or Lambos or Ferraris or McLarens. For the money, though, I think I'd rather have something a bit more sensible, like a Tesla Roadster - if only I didn't have to buy it used.
Tesla S Class is a four-door sedan with quite impressive performance, if not on the scale of the Roadster or other muscle cars. The X class is going to be awesome when it comes out. It's the perfect 'soccer mom' vehicle, since I doubt anyone is going to be hitting 300 miles in a single day running around town.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

jwhouk wrote:There is no explanation for supercars like this, or Lambos or Ferraris or McLarens. For the money, though, I think I'd rather have something a bit more sensible, like a Tesla Roadster - if only I didn't have to buy it used.
shneekeythelost wrote:Tesla S Class is a four-door sedan with quite impressive performance, if not on the scale of the Roadster or other muscle cars. The X class is going to be awesome when it comes out. It's the perfect 'soccer mom' vehicle, since I doubt anyone is going to be hitting 300 miles in a single day running around town.
Soccer Mom? Oh hell no! It is way too sexy for soccer Mom, cause I want one, and I double dog dare you to call me a soccer Mom.

mutter mutter I still remember the last time someone tried to sell me a soccer Mom vehicle. I left my wee one with my friend and her kid, and test drove the ballsiest fastest thing they had, and left the dealer gasping for air, then we went across the street and went shopping for a car.

--Safyr Drathmir
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

DinkyInky wrote:
Soccer Mom? Oh hell no! It is way too sexy for soccer Mom, cause I want one, and I double dog dare you to call me a soccer Mom.

mutter mutter I still remember the last time someone tried to sell me a soccer Mom vehicle. I left my wee one with my friend and her kid, and test drove the ballsiest fastest thing they had, and left the dealer gasping for air, then we went across the street and went shopping for a car.[/quote]

What would you prefer to be called??? :?: :idea: Steam-Punk Mom perhaps???? :twisted:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Mark N wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Soccer Mom? Oh hell no! It is way too sexy for soccer Mom, cause I want one, and I double dog dare you to call me a soccer Mom.

mutter mutter I still remember the last time someone tried to sell me a soccer Mom vehicle. I left my wee one with my friend and her kid, and test drove the ballsiest fastest thing they had, and left the dealer gasping for air, then we went across the street and went shopping for a car.

What would you prefer to be called??? :?: :idea: Steam-Punk Mom perhaps???? :twisted:
:twisted: That has a wonderfully sparky mad ring to it!

--Safyr Drathmir
ShneekeyTheLost

DinkyInky wrote:
shneekeythelost wrote:Tesla S Class is a four-door sedan with quite impressive performance, if not on the scale of the Roadster or other muscle cars. The X class is going to be awesome when it comes out. It's the perfect 'soccer mom' vehicle, since I doubt anyone is going to be hitting 300 miles in a single day running around town.

Well, I said it was the perfect soccer mom car, however there are always other markets to be explored. After all, *I* want one, and I've got the wrong biological equipment to be an anything 'mom'.

In your case it is "I want something fast enough to do something stupid in, but is also roomy and safe enough for my family to ride comfy", and it certainly meets that criteria as well.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:

Well, I said it was the perfect soccer mom car, however there are always other markets to be explored. After all, *I* want one, and I've got the wrong biological equipment to be an anything 'mom'.

In your case it is "I want something fast enough to do something stupid in, but is also roomy and safe enough for my family to ride comfy", and it certainly meets that criteria as well.
I'd rather have the car he had in FnF Tokyo Drift...mmmm, now that car was sexy!

--Safyr Drathmir