What do you waste money on?

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Julie

Re: What do you waste money on?

Post by Julie »

scantrontb wrote:where the HECK it that?... and are all those walls SOLID "books" or are they stacked up against both sides of a central "filler wall" with a layer across the whole thing on top, so they stay standing once somebody tries to take a book out? is this a "read-more-books" sponsored by XYZ gimmick? or is it a real place that is set up permanent-like, and that's just how they ended up storing the books for use? personally i think it's just a publicity stunt, because you can't read any of the titles, or spines of the books (if they're even REAL BOOKS) because of how they're stacked, let alone what will happen to that little kid if she pulls out the wrong book and the wall collapses on her...
Not to mention the damage that this set up would do to some of the books that aren't sitting truly "flat" on top of another book. :(

Oh and scantronb...*GIANTSMOOSHHUGSOFDOOM!* Thanks for the cataloging tip!!!!
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Gosh, I wanna do a "Thank you miss Julie" for that mental image and it wasn't ME she was thanking..... :D
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Julie

Post by Julie »

:P
"Just open your eyes
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

NOTDilbert wrote:Gosh, I wanna do a "Thank you miss Julie" for that mental image and it wasn't ME she was thanking..... :D
Woot!... At least I'll die a happy man!... so which one did you go for? Readerware, or the CLZ one?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Julie

Post by Julie »

scantrontb wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Gosh, I wanna do a "Thank you miss Julie" for that mental image and it wasn't ME she was thanking..... :D
Woot!... At least I'll die a happy man!... so which one did you go for? Readerware, or the CLZ one?
I aim to please. :P

I am working on convincing my husband that it is not ridiculous to spend "that much money" on Readerware. This may take a while. :)
"Just open your eyes